Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Up My New Car Today!

Well the day has finally come to say goodbye Jaguar hello Lexus!

Think it will be a steep learning curve to start with until I get familiar with the menus & locating & changing settings until I am comfortable with it all.

First job all ready Done, installation of front & rear dashcams.

46f0757013a802c698f3e7e7e16438f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep, very pleased with the condition on handover & this is the first of the latest upgraded model, dealer was unable to point out what the body difference was to the previous, but he will let me know next week.

It's just a shame that the sun did not come out & light up the metalic paint.

Will be interesting to see the fuel consumption going to & from work in comparison to my previous 3.0L petrol XF.

Hi Bluenose1940, it is the IS 300h F-Sport but it is a generation 2 variant which supposedly is the first shipped to the UK.

It has a very slight body alteration, so slight the dealer could not find it, so will let me know next week.

Can't stop finding reasons to keep going out in it.

• Like 1

Hi Bluenose1940, it is the IS 300h F-Sport but it is a generation 2 variant which supposedly is the first shipped to the UK.

It has a very slight body alteration, so slight the dealer could not find it, so will let me know next week.

Can't stop finding reasons to keep going out in it.

Thanks for that Alan. My confusion arose from your model description under your name to the left.

The only external difference, as far as I know with MY16 cars, is the addition of a sharks fin antenna. No antenna then it's not the 'latest' spec but MY16 models have been on the road since 1st September. There are some already on Lexus Used Cars. Sorry to sound negative but I hate dealers misinforming people. My Lexus Centre convinced me that my GS300h F Sport had 4WS. I knew it didn't but it was a selling point for me to buy it from him.

The only external difference, as far as I know with MY16 cars, is the addition of a sharks fin antenna. No antenna then it's not the 'latest' spec but MY16 models have been on the road since 1st September. There are some already on Lexus Used Cars. Sorry to sound negative but I hate dealers misinforming people. My Lexus Centre convinced me that my GS300h F Sport had 4WS. I knew it didn't but it was a selling point for me to buy it from him.

Some of the MY16 cars dont have it for some reason - odd

I will post up what the gen2 difference is when I find out next week.

I did not buy it expecting it to be a revised model, this happened after the order so was just a revision to me.

0f759de1aeac6227178a745a159d9608.jpg

996549d4b922311a2d3546aa2026f31d.jpg

I will post up what the gen2 difference is when I find out next week.

I did not buy it expecting it to be a revised model, this happened after the order so was just a revision to me.

0f759de1aeac6227178a745a159d9608.jpg

996549d4b922311a2d3546aa2026f31d.jpg

Beautiful 😃

Nice car and colour, good choice.

Don't think there's any difference for MY16 compared to MY15 and there were only minor trim changes from MY14.

Cars with the Shark fin aerial and different Hybrid badges have been in showrooms since April this year.

I think the shark fin is only for cars with Nav.

Big difference in drive compared to my XF, but the seats are miles ahead for comfort.

Cabin area is about the same, but the rear seats fold much better in Lexus than they did in the XF.

But there does seem to be a little more suspension noise on rough roads, but it is not anything g too bad.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links