Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Business And Pleasure Vehicles

I'm currently parked in a lay-by 10miles from Brighton on A23 after doing a delivery into Enfield London, and on my journey down here I saw 1 yes only 1 Lexus (rx450) on a 440mile drive .... Shocking

I bet the Lexus was cheaper to buy!

I believe the unit cost around 65k and fridge trailer about 40k boss bought 6 new units and 8 new trailers this year....and I got a 50p a hour pay rise lol

I'm only a few miles away in Brighton but you won't see my LS today because it's tucked up inside my garage. I recently did a 460-mile trip to Suffolk and didn't see a single LS; on Sunday I did a 27-mile trip to Crowborough and saw a green and silver Mk.3 LS400 and waved at it but didn't get a 'reply'. It's much the same with my old Accord Coupe - they're very rare these days. I like having such unusual cars.

• Like 1

Bet your not happy stuck behind a truck doing 60 mph when your behind the wheel of the lexus

His fuel consumption will drop pleasurably if he did. Might not be a bad idea? Reduced speed, reduced wind resistance. reduced stress (Graham is a considerate driver?). And you can listen to your favourite music in a relaxed and calm atmosphere!

Regards

John

I'm only a few miles away in Brighton but you won't see my LS today because it's tucked up inside my garage. I recently did a 460-mile trip to Suffolk and didn't see a single LS; on Sunday I did a 27-mile trip to Crowborough and saw a green and silver Mk.3 LS400 and waved at it but didn't get a 'reply'. It's much the same with my old Accord Coupe - they're very rare these days. I like having such unusual cars.

I`m down in Eastbourne during the weekend of 19-22 November and will wave to you Scribe and all LS motors, just like I (we) all did when we had VW Beetles and AA/RAC badges !

Regards

John

I bet the Lexus was cheaper to buy!

New LS600 with all the toys £102k. New tractor unit and trailer £105k. Not a lot cheaper, but you've won your bet.

That really surprised me - thought the truck would be much more than that!

Lexus is still the better buy though!

I'm not too long back from a 4500 mile round trip from Scotland to Spain and France and likewise didn't see one LS.

And I am currently in Spain Mike, having driven down (albeit in the Merc) and arrived on 8th Sept. Not seen an Ls either but have seen the occasional RX. I used to see an immaculate UK Reg Light Green LS with Goldish trims around Velez Malaga.

I start back on Friday 13th November and will maintain my watch!

With apologies to Mike Bluesman!!!

Regards

John

I'm not too long back from a 4500 mile round trip from Scotland to Spain and France and likewise didn't see one LS.

And I am currently in Spain Mike, having driven down (albeit in the Merc) and arrived on 8th Sept. Not seen an Ls either but have seen the occasional RX. I used to see an immaculate UK Reg Light Green LS with Goldish trims around Velez Malaga.

Regards

John

You can go off people John. You enjoy every moment of it cause this life ain't a rehearsal. Safe journeys. Mike.

Regards

John

You can go off people John. You enjoy every moment of it cause this life ain't a rehearsal. Safe journeys. Mike.

Thanks Mike. I certainly did not mean to cause offence to anyone.

I worked for 42 years to buy this ticket to anywhere and I have been told many times that it is a one way ticket and I must therefore look out of the windows as much as I can. I must smell the flowers and feel the breeze and give my experiences freely.

As do you and the other Members of this wonderful Forum.

And when I get home, there is a GS450h waiting to be reunited with me (Solar powered charger permitting!)

Regards

John

Regards

John

Thanks Mike. I certainly did not mean to cause offence to anyone.

I worked for 42 years to buy this ticket to anywhere and I have been told many times that it is a one way ticket and I must therefore look out of the windows as much as I can. I must smell the flowers and feel the breeze and give my experiences freely.

As do you and the other Members of this wonderful Forum.

And when I get home, there is a GS450h waiting to be reunited with me (Solar powered charger permitting!)

Regards

John

It was all said tongue in cheek John I am just jealous of your life style, carry on truckin. Mike.

• Like 1

I'm still in lay-by lol been here since 06:10 this morning and not starting till 23:30, am away into shoreham to land a scallop boat then head back up north.... Will count the Lexus's I see on my journey, don't expect to see many tho.... We are indeed a rare breed lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links