Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommended Alloys

With a bit of luck I should be able to pick up my lexus tomorrow - can't wait! :D

However, it's more of less cleaned out my funds so I'm currently searching the net for the best place to buy new alloys. I'm after some Toora Platinum 5 (chrome) on 18's. Does anyone have any recommendations taking account both price and customer service?

Sorry if this isn't the kind of thing allowed on the site.

Cheers.

Hey Monster, welcome to the club. B)

Feel free to ask any question you like and someone will always be there to answer it.

As for your specific question about where to buy alloys, I don't know, :unsure: but I'm sure someone will pop along soon with some ideas.

I live in St.Helens just outside of Liverpool. I would have presumed that they'd be a little cheaper from the net (as is the case with most things these days) so i wasn't going to bother with any local shops. The cheapest I've seen so far is about 900 squid....but I've not got the foggyest if this is a good price or not.

I'm sure I'll have more questions when I pick up the car. Need to watch how long I spend on the site though as the missues thinks I'm becoming a LOC website junky :)

Need to watch how long I spend on the site though as the missues thinks I'm becoming a LOC website junky :)

that's a biproduct of being a LOC member i'm afraid matey!

welcome to the club and enjoy

you could try here and keep an eye out on eBay!

Thanks guys for the help, I tried both links. The first was having none of it - I'll try again tomorrow. The second was roughly the same price as what I've been looking at. I'll keep on looking and see if there are any more recommendations.

Cheers again! :D

The trick to getting wheels cheap, is to find out who the UK importer is. The importer is who all the other dealers get their supplies from. Unless, of course if the wheels are made in the UK, then approach the manufacturer directly.

I got my wheels direct from the importer, and saved £200 against the next nearest quote. Basically this was the margin the dealer was making. You might need to do some haggling, to get discount.

But try charm :flowers: caws that works too. :innocent:

You must also make payment as easy for them as possible. After all, they are doing you the favour of charging less. And this could end up being the reason you get the discount. So either offer a bankers draft or cheque. Cash or Credit card usually causes them hassle, and in the case of Credit cards costs them money.

To really make the savings, arrange collection yourself. Unless this is more difficult for the seller to do.

Of course, some wheel manufacturers sell direct to more than one importer, or cut him out, and sell direct to the dealer. In these cases it's harder to get the discount.

So that's a Group Buy on wheels anyone.!! :lol: Only joking :winky:

I live in St.Helens just outside of Liverpool.  I would have presumed that they'd be a little cheaper from the net (as is the case with most things these days) so i wasn't going to bother with any local shops.  The cheapest I've seen so far is about 900 squid....but I've not got the foggyest if this is a good price or not. 

I'm sure I'll have more questions when I pick up the car.  Need to watch how long I spend on the site though as the missues thinks I'm becoming a LOC website junky  :)

Hello and welcome mate

Am just down the road from ya live tight next to ormskirk.

Welcome to the club

Where u getting ya car from?

Andy

Thanks for the contacts folks, I'm getting in touch with the guy from Scoobynet about the alloys so I'll see how that goes.

I picked up my car yesterday Vreg IS200 SE in black and can't believe how good it is....I've not stopped smiling yet :D and I don't think I will!

Even the missues likes it!

Thanks for the contacts folks, I'm getting in touch with the guy from Scoobynet about the alloys so I'll see how that goes.

I picked up my car yesterday Vreg IS200 SE in black and can't believe how good it is....I've not stopped smiling yet :D and I don't think I will!

Even the missues likes it!

if your missus likes it you`ve cracked it :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links