Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discounted Service Package

I opted for the £795 2 year warranty.  Had it last time on my IS250 that I only owned for a year.  Not sure I got my money back on the unexpired warranty, but it helped me sell the vehicle instantly I guess.

There are some good savings demonstrated here.  I can understand when you own an ISF with just 200 or so specimens around, it's easier to make a long term commitment to the car.

My IS250C has about 800 specimens in the UK.  I'm undecided whether I'll make a long term commitment to the car and that precludes a service agreement at the moment.

8 hours ago, DT_Racing said:

This is very useful info, I'll contact Leeds for a quotation as that's significantly better than I was offered at Leicester. 

I tried Sheffield and Bradford back in January and Leeds turned out to be the cheapest. Moving office in a few weeks and the Leeds branch will be on the way to the new place so it was a no brainer.

7 hours ago, steveledzep said:

I opted for the £795 2 year warranty.  Had it last time on my IS250 that I only owned for a year.  Not sure I got my money back on the unexpired warranty, but it helped me sell the vehicle instantly I guess.

There are some good savings demonstrated here.  I can understand when you own an ISF with just 200 or so specimens around, it's easier to make a long term commitment to the car.

My IS250C has about 800 specimens in the UK.  I'm undecided whether I'll make a long term commitment to the car and that precludes a service agreement at the moment.

I'm still deciding on the warranty. I have no plans to change cars for a while. I kept my last car for 2 years which is a personal record and I hope to own the ISF for even longer. Given the low mileage (33k) for it's age (2008) I think the car is ideal to rack some miles up and enjoy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, been trying to arrange a fixed service plan with Reading Lexus for my ISF. Two year quote was for:

+ one full service

+ one intermediate service 

+ tyres at cost price, half price MOT's, 10% parts discount, discounted labour, free brake fluid change (where applicable.

Price: £870 Inc VAT

I could try Edgware Road or Twickenham but Reading is by far the most convenient dealership. I also have the two year extended warranty with them. Does this seems fair or am I better off shopping around once the service is due? Will undoubtedly arrange brakes/discs with my local mechanic. Many thanks! Mark.

Did they supply you with a breakdown of the prices for everything?

Looking at my paperwork the total for the full and the intermediate services comes to £572.76 

The individual price for each MOT is 37.99

18 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

Did they supply you with a breakdown of the prices for everything?

Looking at my paperwork the total for the full and the intermediate services comes to £572.76 

The individual price for each MOT is 37.99

Wow.....seems like the quote I have is high. No breakdown. They also quoted a three year plan, 2 full and 1 intermediate which was £1,580! The car has already had its 6 year/60,000 service! 

4 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Wow.....seems like the quote I have is high. No breakdown. They also quoted a three year plan, 2 full and 1 intermediate which was £1,580! The car has already had its 6 year/60,000 service! 

My 3 year plan is £1296.45. That is for an 2008 car that is due a major service this year, intermediate next year and then the major + in 2018. The price includes 3 mots, a fuel treatment at each service and one air con service next year. 

List price was £1893.10 before the discount. They even dropped the pay monthly price to match the pay in full price. 1 payment of £106.98, 3 monthly payments of £106.89 and then 24 months of £36.20

This is with Lexus Leeds who are part of the Vantage group. 

In comparison Lexus Sheffield quoted me £1,235.54 for the everything but without the fuel treatments. Based on the price for the fuel treatment quoted by Lexus Leeds the ovetall price would have been £1,279.37 from Sheffield so a tad cheaper. 

I went with Leeds as they are much more local, just a 10 min drive from my office. 

Edited by GibletPH
Multiple typos 😐

Thanks for this info Gib, mine is also a 2008 as you probably know, you gave me the heads up a couple of months back. Will certainly shop around and negotiate between a couple of the other local'ish dealers. 

4 hours ago, stevet said:

Sounds like they may of included the major 60k service but that should of been done already at the 6 year mark.

The major 60k /6 year was carried out and I confirmed this to them. Will wait for a call back from Guildford and Twickenham Lexus.

So three quotations for two year plan (1 major, 1 intermediate) obtained from my nearest dealerships......

*Reading: £870 inc VAT (half price MOT's, 10% parts discount, discounted labour, free brake fluid change). 

*Guildford: £840 inc VAT (free valet). 

*Twickenham: £756 inc VAT (no additional benefits). 

Currently still in negotiations but Twickenham have my business unless the others can offer a more competitive deal, also felt Twickenham wanted my business and were knowledgeable about the ISF. 

Do you know what group each dealer belongs to?

Leeds are part of Vantage and the service chap said that half price MOTs come with all service packs.

Might be worth seeing if you can buy the package from one dealer and use it at other Lexus dealers in the same network? Gives you the option of looking further afield to try and get a better discount. 

5 hours ago, stevet said:

They should also allow you to pay monthly over 2 years and interest free.

Agreed, my RRG one is monthly and interest free over 3 years. Originally bought at Stockport and using it at Bradford so yes you can use them within the same group

The total cost for mine if paying monthly was £33.60 more but they knocked that off. 28 payments in total so helps to spread the cost of ownership for the next 3 years. 

Amazed at the price difference in the South East or maybe it's just the Vantage group offering great deals! Spoke to Lexus Birmingham who quoted £666 for two year plan (full and intermediate) including 2 free MOT's. Best I can get is £756 and full price MOT's! Very little willing to offer a discount past 5-10%.

I think its all down to overheads,  although all the Lexus dealerships I have been to all look smart the one in Guildford is on a industrial estate and the one in Sidcup in I a prime location, I would think there would be a major overhead difference,

9 minutes ago, wendle said:

I think its all down to overheads,  although all the Lexus dealerships I have been to all look smart the one in Guildford is on a industrial estate and the one in Sidcup in I a prime location, I would think there would be a major overhead difference,

I imagine they have targets/directives from their managers like all businesses and if they are doing well.....less likely to need my business and negotiate. Just waiting on Reading Lexus, who have offered no discount at all, then will make the call. 

My 2008 ISF spent three years in the Republic Of Ireland and was serviced once by Lexus and twice by Toyota. I did consider getting a quote from Toyota but I think it's best to have Lexus stamps, any thoughts?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links