Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Loc Karting.. Its The Season!

Steve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry theres been no contact, couldn't find the post!!

If we don't need to be so northern, then how about here?

Who else is going, team wise? Most tracks allow you to have the whole place to yourself, for say a 2 hr endurance race, if you get about 60 people!

Ifraz, I remember that thread well - but alot of the more northern contigent (Matt W, MSW, Loz for example have n1ot put their names down for this one, and they were the ones stressing the north last time).

Kev - got your e-mail, and thanks for that.

It's very mixed as to how open they are, depending on the circuit. Some will allow a two team endurance race (though it is slightly boring cos there's only 2 people on track at a time), so what you can do is an endurance race and have 4 karts for example, with fewer people in each team. The options are great, so really depends on final numbers, and on what TOC want to do.

Incidentally - STEVE....you got a TOC captain, yet ?! Oh, also, could you give me the link to the karting thread on the TOC site, please? Ta!!

I have raced at the old Daytona circuit in London, near the BBC studios. They now have a new one in london which has banked corners, tunnels and bridges etc, plus digital readouts on the steering wheels.

I must admit that I found them excellent. The marshalls were fair and the racing fast. Really professional rather than the usual botch places racing on concrete floors.

I have heard the one in MK is excellent. Though to have the big track etc I think you need to do a license first! Basically the twin karts are very quick.

I would love to do MK.

What has happened in the past is that to have the track to yourself they have a minimum no. of teams/people. Therefore we could have 2 or 3 teams from here and the same from TOC?? Could have a 2hr race then with say 4 people in each team doing xmins each??

I am easy, just have to be careful on the date in feb!! This year is manic on the weddings front!

A bit more detail of the event types

Mini-Enduro

A one hour endurance race for 10 or more teams (of two drivers). There is timed practice for all drivers.

(£95 per team Mon-Fri)(£105 per team Sat-Sun)

Mini-prix

A 40 minute race for 20 or more drivers, with 10 minutes practice/qualifying.

(£55 per driver Mon-Fri)(£65 per driver Sat-Sun)

The Daytona 250

A 2.5 Hour endurance race for 10 teams or more (four drivers per team).

(£225 per team Mon-Fri)(£205 per team Sat-Sun)

GP Heats

Each driver has practice, four heats plus a Semi-Final. The top 15 drivers race in the Grand Final. Minimum billing 40 drivers.

(£70/Mon-Fri)(£65/Sat-Sun)

Daytona Sprints

After practice, all drivers compete in each of the four races and the Grand Final.

Minimum billing 20 drivers.

(£75/driver Mon-Fri)(£75/driver Sat-Sun)

Team enduro

Event/Time          Minimum        1.5 Hour    3 Hour    6 Hour

Weekday AM/PM    10 teams        £135.00    £215.00  £350.00

Weekday Eve        15 teams        £155.00    £245.00  £n/a

Weekend AM/PM    15 teams        £155.00    £245.00  £375.00

Weekday Eve        15 teams        £135.00    £245.00  £375.00

For longer races call for a quote.

OR

Perfect for individuals and smaller groups, we offer a range of open race formats.

Details of upcoming races and availability are below. You can either book in or purchase a voucher (valid for 12 months) by calling us on 0845 644 5503. Please note that prices below exclude the £2.50 per driver insurance surcharge.

Daytona 50

After 10 minutes practice and 10 minutes qualifying, up to 25 drivers compete in a 40 minute race. Held on Sunday evenings.

(£65 per driver)

Daytona 200

Perfect for Stag Groups. A 2 hour team endurance race for teams of 2-4 drivers, held each Saturday at 12noon. The price below is a special winter price (normally £165 per team)

(£123.75 per team)

Iron Man

Open to the more experienced drivers. Up to 25 can compete in this one hour race (with timed practice and qualifying for grid positions). Ask sales for details of the 2004 Championship.

(£70 per driver)

Daytona 100

A 100 minute team endurance race for teams of 2-4 drivers. Held every other Tuesday evening.

(£110 per team)

GP Open Heats

Practice, three heats and a semi-final for everyone, with the top 15 racing in the Grand Final. (Special January Sale Price)

(£42.50)

Shame we can't have a massive LOC and TOC enduro race with all of us!! - or can we?? :driving:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links