Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Happy (and safe) Christmas to all.

After paying for a cambelt and water pump change I'll be stuck at home eating beans on toast, but what price peace of mind? I keep wondering whether the car will still be running (and in my hands) when the next belt change is due - by that time it'll be 28 years old!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Mike, in case it's of interest, my bill was for four and a half hours' labour plus timing belt kit, water pump and coolant (plus VAT of course).

Grove Garage Brighton. 4.5 hours incl water pump and VAT £472 and they will lend me a car for the day. So I can spend a day around the lanes in the antique shops, whats left of them. Mike.

I have seen prices quoted as high as £800+ but Lexus Coventry quoted me £295 using but then before I could ask them details of what that included I told them my car was LPG and then you would of thought I had just arrived from outer space. They didn't want to know. There are plenty of independents that will do the job which is why I am getting mine done in Brighton using OEM parts. They are known for good work at a reasonable prices on Lexus. Mike.

Happy Christmas to all and safe driving over the holiday period.

Taking the Lexus to Bristol on Sunday to pick up my lad - only two big sleeps to go!

And to you and all your family Mike

Merry Xmas to all.

As your present, here's a nice little clip of a men and motors LS400 road test, although the tester is a bit uninformed, he's far less irritating than the TG pillocks. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBh9rxPW5vk

Thanks for that, hadn't seen that one before. Happy Christmas Mikeyv and all your family. Mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links