Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Questions About The Radio/cd Player

thar

My car doesn't have the flip screen, just the non auto changer version radio/CD. Can I ask, what is the "text" button for. Whatever I try, I can get it to do anything and the 700 page instruction manual doesn't help much. I take it that I'm asking too much for it to display an SMS on the radio display?

Also, is it not possible to display track information when a song is playing on the radio or a CD?

Has anyone tried to use NFC tags to activate Bluetooth? I've programmed a tag successfully, but although it activates the Bluetooth on my smartphone, it immediately deactivates and the Bluetooth pairing with the car radio is lost. I tested it outside of the car and it worked fine, things just go pear shaped when I try it in the car.

Happy Boxing Day guys!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

also whilst listening to the radio have you ever thought who's that song by ??? then press the text button IF the

station broadcasts text info the info will appear on the screen

The radio station I listen to, Smooth, does display info. It used to work in my old car, but it doesn't seem to with the Lexus. I've tried the text button but I'll have another go and post back. I have a USB stick so I'll try that too.

Having moved to a car with a screen I was disappointed the track info does not appear when playing any of my CDs. It just says "track 4" or whatever.

I am told that track info is a later specification and is not supported on all CDs. I don't seem to have any which display info so all mine must be before the specification was upgraded. I have not tried any MP3 disks yet.

I will try some radio music tomorrow and see if I can get any info but I suspect that this will only apply to digital broadcasts and my car does not have DAB.

John

My old car, didn't have DAB but the track info listing worked. I just thought with this car being more than 3 years younger, it would do the same. I'll have a play when it finally stops raining!

section 3.2 page 300 say's and i quote

"press the text button once to show the radio station"

"press the text button twice to show the radio text mesages"

"press & hold the text button until a beep is heard to show info

if there is more than one screen of info"

Update. I tried this with a USB stick playing mp3 tracks, and pressing the text button displayed the track name. But when I tried it on the FM radio, nothing happened whether I pressed it once, twice or press and hold. I know for a fact that Smooth displays track info on FM as I've just double checked on my portable radio, but it doesn't display on the Lexus radio for some reason. Ah well, not the end of the world, they tend to play the same stuff anyway :)

Track info is not displayed in the RX either :-(

It bugs me when lesser and cheaper cars such as my Peugeot 208 have far superior ICE and satnav systems for half the price!

Track info is not displayed in the RX either :-(

It bugs me when lesser and cheaper cars such as my Peugeot 208 have far superior ICE and satnav systems for half the price!

It would bug me too!

But try this: take a CD that displays info in your Peugeot and try it in the Lexus. Does it then display?

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links