Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sportcross Opinion

Following my recent incident with car thieves I am considering moving from my IS200SE when returned from repair, into a Sportcross, how does this model compare.

I know that they are identical in everything except body shape but some input from owners would help, plus how do they stand in the second hand market.

Cheers

just think of the boot space, and the back seats fold down as well i think! i've seen 3 sportcross so far and they all had 17" wheels on.

is it cos u need to get stuff in and out of ya motor a lot or do u just fancy a change?

just think of the boot space, and the back seats fold down as well i think! i've seen 3 sportcross so far and they all had 17" wheels on.

is it cos u need to get stuff in and out of ya motor a lot or do u just fancy a change?

Fancy a change mainly because after been stolen and then recovered I do not want my old motor knowing that some scumbag has thrashed the bl**dy thing and also having a young child I think it may be more practical.

Had mine for over a year now,over the moon with it. P/X'd a 200SE, recently had the 200 Sportcross whilst our 300 had some Warranty work and was suitably impressed by that too(minus all the dangly bits!!)

Have had my IS200 SportCross since April last year - traded my SE in for it. I got the dealer to supply 17" wheels (the 16" really do look cr*p) but I did read some posts which said that Lexus had told dealers not to fit any more. Also got a Sports grille fitted so unless you spot the '2' on the back it could pass for a 300 SportCross.

I've had no complaints with it so far - it's more practical than the saloon 'cos of the folding seats, but as others have said, with the seats up there's no more boot space than the saloon. In fact, I think there's slightly less, altho' it has got 3 panels on the boot floor that you can drop a couple of inches to get a bit of extra space. Oh, and the front passenger seat folds forward so you can get extra long bits of wood from B&Q.

One thing I miss from the saloon tho' is the remote opening boot - you have to use the handle to open the tailgate - I used to enjoy scaring little children and OAPs with the trick boot.

Other than that it's just as reliable as my old SE - goes just as well - economy seems a bit better. And they do have novelty value - lots of people have said 'ooh, didn't know Lexus did one of those - is it a special import ?'

:P :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links