Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Even Trust Loc Members!

Found out to my expense you have to be carefull buying of a member now. I thought we where all honest people on this forum but seems not to be

Phil, I bought my last LS430 from a member. It was only after I had had it for a week or so that I discovered he had been economical with the truth, costing me money to put it right. I'm sure though, that it's the exception rather than the rule. What happened anyway?

Found out to my expense you have to be carefull buying of a member now. I thought we where all honest people on this forum but seems not to be

phil its probably not a good idea to put this on the forum - it might turn into a sour thread if the other member responds.

have you tried to address this directly with the seller?

• Like 2

....... my Mk3 from ACLex on here in June 2011 has proven to be an absolutely BRILLIANT car ....... and hopefully will so continue for decades to come :luck: :outforcount:

and I think it's covered some 55k miles in that time too ........ 181600 miles now

Malc

Sadly there will always be dishonest people in the world taking advantage of the more trusting people. This will be the case on any forum. I only ever buy if long standing and/or active and well known users.

With respect not having heard the other side's responses I suggest 1st the OP describes the faults thereby giving us some idea whether or not they were apparent at the time of sale

Chris (Mrs Lexmanic)

• Like 1

Oh dear, I feel an acrimonious, "he did this!...I said that!" thread about to unwind with no resolution, even after dozens of pages of mud slinging.

Nevermind, get it off your chest Phil, it may be amusing in parts:wink::lol:

I don't find it amusing either. Let us know if you can. As it may help someone's in the future.

I didn't and don't find anything amusing about someone not being truefull as it all comes out in the wash in the end. I'm still feeling sore about it

Some of you people are a little precious.

I believe I said "may be amusing in parts", followed by an emoji, meaning the thread rather than the alleged "dodgy goings on". How can I judge the "dodgy goings on" as amusing, the beans have not been spilt. But....I do hope the "dodgy dealer" has a right, and is able to reply.

I feel I have been proven correct already, its amused me after 10 posts:lol:

I reserve the right to make judgment, take the pizz and generally cause mayhem, this, after all, is an open...ish and liberal forum albeit with some members that lack a sense of humour.........So, on with the show.

PS....lighten up boys. :innocent: and add me to your ignore list.

Can we all wait until Phil posts what the actual problem is and Phil could you do that ASAP or tell us that its better kept private. I am assuming you have had little or no contact with the other party yet and if that is the case its far better you have a chance in private for you to both sort things out. If you go down the private route I will get this thread removed and hope you can both sort it out between you. Mike.

• Like 2

In the processs of sorting it out.with seller but I'm not one for mentioning names. But I will let people know my feelings I'm sure that's ok. Car is booked in garage to be rectified on wendsday at my expense so I'll keep up dated

In the processs of sorting it out.with seller but I'm not one for mentioning names. But I will let people know my feelings I'm sure that's ok. Car is booked in garage to be rectified on wendsday at my expense so I'll keep up dated

Whats wrong with it? Surely you can tell us that?

I can by I want to be reasonable it's not just defects it involves my whole experience of the day. IE getting to collect in natural daylight ect. Ect. Really if anybody wants know the full story I'll pm you

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links