Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Which Insurance?

The-Acre

Going on a comparison sites for new insurance, these are the first and last quotes for an LS400 from Money Supermarket.com

The first is with Privilege @ £168 fully comp with NCBP

The last is with Model Driver @ £99,987.65 And apparently, I get this "bonzer price" by having a Model Driver black box fitted!

A though decision which will need some serious thought.

I've just done the wife's car insurance and Privilege came out on top with me, but could not get on their site, ended up with Churchill.

Privilege must be the favourite insurer at the moment.

It was LV for the last few years, Esure before that and Swift several more years ago.

Don't be in a hurry to make a decision you may regret :lol:

I've just done the wife's car insurance and Privilege came out on top with me, but could not get on their site, ended up with Churchill.

It was LV for the last few years, Esure before that and Swift several more years ago.

I've insured with Privilege a couple of times with a Lexus, they do seem like a decent outfit. Interestingly, the insurance for the LS430 when I had it was cheaper than the LS400, when I asked why they said it's because it has more safety features. Anyway, £168 seems OK to me. I've contacted Adrian Flux but I can't imagine they'll improve on that.

I've insured with Privilege a couple of times with a Lexus, they do seem like a decent outfit. Interestingly, the insurance for the LS430 when I had it was cheaper than the LS400, when I asked why they said it's because it has more safety features. Anyway, £168 seems OK to me. I've contacted Adrian Flux but I can't imagine they'll improve on that.

Hows admiral coming up? seem to be very cheap for Lexus in general - im paying £460 for the RX and £280 for the IS.

Going on a comparison sites for new insurance, these are the first and last quotes for an LS400 from Money Supermarket.com

The last is with Model Driver @ £99,987.65 And apparently, I get this "bonzer price" by having a Model Driver black box fitted!

Did you get the £168 price or did that change once you got through to them on the phone?

Did you get the £168 price or did that change once you got through to them on the phone?

That's a good point, they do say it may be less via phone, I suppose you get a chance to negotiate. I'll try it tomorrow.

That's a good point, they do say it may be less via phone, I suppose you get a chance to negotiate. I'll try it tomorrow.

I bet it costs more. Please prove me wrong. Mike.

I bet it costs more. Please prove me wrong. Mike.

I'll let you know.

On 1/17/2016 at 1:58 PM, The-Acre said:

Hi,

How was our quotation in the end? Must admit £168 seems pretty competitive.

Regards,

Dan.

1 hour ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

How was our quotation in the end? Must admit £168 seems pretty competitive.

Regards,

Dan.

A fair bit more I'm afraid. I haven't got cover yet as the car isn't quite ready, hopefully in the next couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

........... didn't know which of the Insurance threads to resurrect so here goes ............  LEXUS RENEWAL

Markerstudy last year at £330'ish or so Fully Comprehensive and all .........  this company has stopped writing Lexus insurance, the price this year I'm told is about £2000 ...

The substitute recommended by the Broker is Sabre at £443.48   .......... .  and all of this with the max 9 years NCD

HOWEVER MUCH I HATE SAGA   ( see my troubles with them in 2012/13 rip-off time )  they have written fully comp cover with 12k miles at £268.68

One just has to shop around  ..... I've pre-empted the renewal timing of 20th February coz I'm off to my back office in Delhi for a month next Monday 8th.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links