Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nooooooo!

Stuno1

I think if you press unread content it shows you anything that's new since last time you were on. Basically a new version of the "latest posts" function.

This is IPB4 and it used to be on IPB3. It has a lot of new features and security updates etc plus the mobile site is MUCH better.

Hi Guys

Firstly Thanks for your feedback.

The reason for the change is that we have to ensure our board software is of the latest version in order to keep with the times and progress through the years, ensure the security of the forums and data.

Imagine keeping your phone updated, well same for the boards as well. 

As for layout. The layout is as Vanilla as it can get, and in my 14 years of running this forum I see not much difference to the old apart from some colour changes. The flow is exactly the same as before.

The main issue is the red "latest posts" button, and I knew it would. However, Viewing latest posts is still there (just not with a red button :wink3: )

The Club Activity link in the menu will give you all the latest activity of the club which includes, forums, gallery, status updates of members. It encompasses everything about the community. You can even customise your activity stream to your own liking.

Keeping the boards vanilla is the best option we can give members. Turning back is not an option unfortunately. This is beyond our control (WE DID NOT DESIGN THE TEMPLATE)

To get the latest post updates just click the "unread content" link top right of forums or the Club Activity

Unfortunately I cannot get in to a debate about this, I will however try and see if I can improve the latest posts function like before.

cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

Hi Guys

Firstly Thanks for your feedback.

The reason for the change is that we have to ensure our board software is of the latest version in order to keep with the times and progress through the years, ensure the security of the forums and data.

Imagine keeping your phone updated, well same for the boards as well. 

As for layout. The layout is as Vanilla as it can get, and in my 14 years of running this forum I see not much difference to the old apart from some colour changes. The flow is exactly the same as before.

The main issue is the red "latest posts" button, and I knew it would. However, Viewing latest posts is still there (just not with a red button :wink3: )

The Club Activity link in the menu will give you all the latest activity of the club which includes, forums, gallery, status updates of members. It encompasses everything about the community. You can even customise your activity stream to your own liking.

Keeping the boards vanilla is the best option we can give members. Turning back is not an option unfortunately. This is beyond our control (WE DID NOT DESIGN THE TEMPLATE)

To get the latest post updates just click the "unread content" link top right of forums or the Club Activity

Unfortunately I cannot get in to a debate about this, I will however try and see if I can improve the latest posts function like before.

cheers

Appreciate the need to advance and change is generally met with criticism but I do think the old site was visually a lot easier to read. Found the 'latest posts' but it is hidden away isn't it.

ill not drop away but just don't like it.

stu

• Like 1

I don't care for the new layout either, but this is a common theme at the moment on message boards.

I've cut back a lot on my internet/message board use and only use three on a regular basis, this one and two Welsh rugby boards.

They have recently changed to a later version of the board software, and both have lost a lot of traffic, one to the point of having whole days without a post.

There are other factors too, but the software update has definitely had an effect.

Unfortunately, all involved seem to agree that the updates are essential, and little can be done to avoid the unpopular changes.

Hopefully, everybody will become accustomed to the changes.

• Like 1

Over the next few days I will look at adding another Red Button.

The rest of the flow is exactly the same. I dont plan in changing that. Updates are a priroty for the security of the club, so making drastic changes can affect each update made. Thats why we keep it vanilla.

For me it's like a new car dash layout.. takes a few days to get used to the controls.

I am not saying this because my fellow mod was involved in the new look and also likes it.

I think it looks refreshed and not that much different in operation over the old format. Its always the same when we have a change as humans most of us don't like it. Give it time and you will get to love it. Mike.

• Like 1

@Steve not going anywhere and I am fairly familiar with it having used the same style on the lotus forum when they changed. Just a matter of getting used to it and personal preference. 

Not a poke at anyone just an opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links