Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Vs Tezza Rs200

Following on from this thread, I thought it was better we started a new thread to discuss this.

I at least am interested (and i think Fargo is too).

So, what we would like to find out is: What are the differences between the IS200 and Tezza RS200, and not just the obvious ones (like the engine), but the sutble differences too.

Now, my understanding is that there are 2 versions of the RS200 the Z and another one, I would like to know the differences between these two..

Some Altezza have the electric seats and the mirrors are the same... Basically the Japanese have sacrificed a few little gadgets ( heated seats, headlight washers, things like that) for 57 extra BHP.

Also, I would like to know what is 'standard', 'an option' and 'not available' on these two Tezza's.

I will post the info regarding the IS200 in a min.

UK Spec IS200

2.0 Litre, straight-6, 24v VVTi

6-speed manual gearbox/5 speed auto

SE Spec:

1/2 Leather, 1/2 suede interior (standard)

Front seats electrically adjustable (standard)

Heated front seats (standard)

all round electric windows (standard)

electric wing mirrors adjustment/folding (standard)

Electric tilt/slide moonroof (standard)

Climate control (standard)

in dash 6-CD multichanger (standard)

ABS (standard)

Traction control (standard)

17" alloys (standard)

boot release on remote (standard)

Headlight washers (standard)

Front Fog lights (standard)

Sat nav (option)

Sport also has LSD as standard.

the lowest spec altezza comes without the following

tinted glass

front foglights

radio

alloy wheels

heated seats

trac

simplified aircon

sunroof

ski hatch

airbag or SRS system

basically most Altezza come without

Leather seats

8 speaker system(but do get nav)

heated seats(not fitted at all)

electronically limited to 112 mph

sunroof

having driven both the is200 and altezza rs200z edition.......here are my thoughts

the Altezza was great when it could be opened up, but i found it a little rough on city streets, and an absolute pain in traffic jams

the is200 is way way smoother, and BETTER SOUND PROOFED the engine is flawless against the rev happy 3sge, which being a 4 pot does tend to feel lumpy against the silky smooth 1g-fe

handleing is similer, almost no difference with the is200 suffering from a little oversteer if pushed.

the is200 interior(sport) feels better put together, this could be due to the thicker sound dedening used, plus the leather/alacanters seats feel better than the Altezza cloth

there is no disputing the power delivery of the 200+ altezza motor.

but the is200 is far far smoother to drive.

ahhhhhh, but remeber scott i also import, and we know how hard it can be to find a car of ther right spec.

its easy to show what is an option........

but people who buy imports are not buying them from the dealer with the option of choosing the factory/dealer fit options

there buying a car that either you or I am sourcing for them to as near the spec they wish as possible.

you say there aree some nice Altezza coming in at the moment, but i think there are some right dogs going threough auction at the moment.

however i have just sourced an end of model build limited edition 1 of 1000 mr2 99 model.silver 3000 miles :)

now, that considering what it is, is still dismally packed considering what we as europeans would expect for a end of model special...no leather,!!!

the car will still make double what it was sourced at in auction though

ahhhhhh, but remeber scott i also import, and we know how hard it can be to find a car of ther right spec.

its easy to show what is an option........

but people who buy imports are not buying them from the dealer with the option of choosing the factory/dealer fit options

there buying a car that either you or I am sourcing for them to as near the spec they wish as possible.

you say there aree some nice Altezza coming in at the moment, but i think there are some right dogs going threough auction at the moment.

however i have just sourced an end of model build limited edition 1 of 1000 mr2 99 model.silver 3000 miles :)

now, that considering what it is, is still dismally packed considering what we as europeans would expect for a end of model special...no leather,!!!

the car will still make double what it was sourced at in auction though

I know that it can be hard to source the right Altezza Mat, as those things ARE an option, most don`t have the likes of leather etc... But these can be done once over here is you so desired. But hey.... the best things come to those who wait

Anyway you jammy rat bag.... show us a pic of that there MR2!! :ohmy:

They don't come with leather because they don't have the obsession with leather that we do in Europe. Why is it so raved about in the UK? It's freezing in winter, too hot and sticky in summer, smells, creaks and you have to look after it more than cloth.

They don't come with leather because they don't have the obsession with leather that we do in Europe. Why is it so raved about in the UK? It's freezing in winter, too hot and sticky in summer, smells, creaks and you have to look after it more than cloth.

I agree apart from try wiping baby sick and sticky sweets of velour :D

Well, they are pouring into Auckland at the moment. I've seen them w/o fog lights and with 15" steel wheels and hubcaps!! (it looked TERRIBLE! :sick: ) Plenty of kitted ones with oversize alloys and a few turbos. Under $NZ20k (say 6500ponds) would buy a '98 or '99 now.

Matt is about right with the specs, although the nav is pretty unusual, and def no leather. However the handling of the 4cyl is better, certainly sharper turn-in without the weight in the front. I put up with the crappy clutch and harsh traffic work for the absolute joy of blasting down country via all the tight twisty back roads here. When it hits 5000rpm it really opens up!

Absolute magic!!

:lol:

good call Ian..

i tell you what though,, im seriously thinking about tezz'a now...

Are you copying me :unsure:

Pah,, never.. just with al this talk at the moment, and knowing now what i know, the Tezza would have been a great avenue of pursuit, However after reading some of Mat C's comments, im still undecided..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links