Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys i did try to start my car this morning and it wouldn't start so I had to jumplead it from my other car and I went to do some shopping, when I tried to start it again it would start, I had to call Rac breakdown, they came and they said I had to change the Battery because it was flat, can any one tell me please, what kind of Battery I need for my LS400 year 93 

1 hour ago, Lafaci said:

Hi guys i did try to start my car this morning and it wouldn't start so I had to jumplead it from my other car and I went to do some shopping, when I tried to start it again it would start, I had to call Rac breakdown, they came and they said I had to change the battery because it was flat, can any one tell me please, what kind of battery I need for my LS400 year 93 

The best thing is to take it to your nearest Toyota dealer (if you have one) they'll fit the correct one and will probably do it for free. They generally don't charge anymore than other suppliers.  About £85 I believe.

Just now, Lafaci said:

what about this one Steve?Yuasa YBX5100 Battery UK AUTHORISED DISTRIBUTOR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yuasa-YBX5100-Battery-UK-AUTHORISED-DISTRIBUTOR-/331746204134?hash=item4d3d9d59e6:g:fmIAAOSwU~FWEptT

What about this one Steve because I have Yuasa on mine.

The 1st one is adequate the second one may throw the engine out of the car :) Either is fine just make sure it will fit in the Battery compartment and the Battery connection leads reach without straining, remember the earth terminal needs to face the passenger side on Lexus.

• Like 1

Alfred, as recommended on her earlier, a Battery from your local Toyota dealership would be your best bet. A 'Varta E23' is the one that I have on my LS so this Battery should fit your vehicle too. It's an exact fit with the terminals the correct way round (that's important). It's 70 Amps/hour, so has plenty of power and is much cheaper than a rip-off Halfords Battery would be.

• Like 2

I have Varta E23 batteries on both of my LS400s and have been very pleased with them.

I bought mine online at Tayna Batteries - good price (and willing to match a cheaper price which I saw when buying the second battery), great service and quick delivery.

On 24 January 2016 at 6:10 PM, steve2006 said:

Hi Steve if I get this Battery from eBay, is it fully charged just to put that in a car? What do I have to do? Can I do it by myself? 

37 minutes ago, Titch LS said:

That ebay battery is wrongly advertised as fitting an LS 400. If you go to the Varta site you'll see. The + and - posts are on the front, not the back where they should be and the cranking amps are too low. You need E23 not D47.

Good point, I missed that.

As others have said go to Toyota/Lexus I was quoted £86.00 recently and I think they carry a 4 year guarantee.

On 25 January 2016 at 8:51 PM, steve2006 said:

Good point, I missed that.

As others have said go to Toyota/Lexus I was quoted £86.00 recently and I think they carry a 4 year guarantee.

thanks guys i will go to toyota or Lexus 

..............  when I bought my new Toyota/Lexus Battery in April 2012 the chap said 4 years guarantee but will probably last much longer ;

I didn't see anywhere on the FLSH ............. anywhere at all, that a new Battery had ever been supplied   ....................  is it possible the original Battery had lasted 16.5 years ???

Malc

That's very impressive. I might buy a Lexus/Toyota one next time.

The most I have had out of a Battery is about 8-9 years on my wife's Merc 500 SL. It was a Samson Unipart 4 year guarantee Battery, which I replaced last year with a Varta Battery, so I was well pleased with how long it lasted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links