Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi James,

From what I've learned the IS250 is a very reliable car which can handle high millage. There is a very good post by the member ISnewbee who highlights potential issues. Typically I would say look out for;

- Exhaust (very expensive to replace if you go through Lexus)

- Brake Calipers

- Oxygen Sensors

- Electric motor in the Folding Mirrors

- Water Pump

- Electric motor on steering wheel (when you turn the ignition on the steering should move down)

- Spark Plugs at 60k

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

• Like 1

36,000 miles on mine, not missed a beat.

Did all brake callipers when I first got it (Nov 2014) after doing research on this site, the pivots were well stuck, they will be looked at this spring when I do a service.

All the issues mention on this thread are really service items that you can report on any car.

2011 still with brake issues ... !!

Its a bit disappointing from a quality "marque" such as Lexus that they have not resolved the brake issue after all these years, with it being an problem since 1999 with the early IS its quite surprising that they have not manufactured the issue out.

If this was resolved then the posts here would have halved.

I have never had this with other cars so there must be ways to eradicate it.

Surprised me a bit.

I was checking it over when I first got it and thought I would check the callipers. When I found they would not pivot out of the way I thought there must be another way of removing them, they were so solid.

I had to knock seven bells out of them with a large rubber mallet to get them to move, and I did frigging hit them.

As I said above, they will be looked at in a couple of months.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links