Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Part Of The Club

Picked up my ISF today so I'm finally part of the club!

A huge thanks to Keith for a hassle free purchase and for having such a nice low mileage and well cared for car. 

Waiting for the weather to improve so I can start exploring the power. Nursed it home from Oxford to Leeds today, managed an impressive 32.1mpg! 

Here is a picture of the car that Keith took. I'm planning to get some pics of my own when I get the time. Need to clean the Galant VR4 up first and get that sold. 

49E44C24-E373-4F11-A821-2A900AD39191_zps

• Like 1

Its always nice to know that your car was previously owned by someone who was passionate about it, and when you eventually sell, that it goes to a good home.

Welcome to the club!

Cheers chaps. Took it for a spin tonight and I think it may take me a while to get used to the power!

The sound when the secondary air inlet opens is brilliant. I also see what Keith meant when he said you can hit silly speeds without realising. 

Only real plans for mods is an exhaust and maybe an iVIC-5i so I can use the touchscreen to control Spotify on my phone. Waiting to hear back from a German stockist of the X Force range as X Force have a copy of the JoeZ exhaust but with switchable backboxes. The built in electronic butterfly valve would let me choose between quiet, medium and LOUD. 

Planning to get some one to one detailing training from a pro soon too. I bought a load of gear a few years back including a da machine polisher but never corrected a car fully. I want to correct the paint and have a proper ceramic sealant applied so I can protect the paint and hopefully use my snowfoam lance on its own for quick touchless washes. 

All sounds really good.i know there will be others interested in the exhaust and clips of the various sounds with the valves in different positions. 

The detailing training sounds a good idea. I started getting in to that before my daughter came along and now can't justify the time. Great if you can and as it can be very satisfying. I'd look in to paint protection film as well as the enamel coating and see what the price difference is. 

If I do end up buying the exhaust I'll be sure to make plenty of videos of the sound using both a dlsr and a few go pro cameras. 

I got into detailing for a while and used to valet cars for a mate who is a trader. I got bored when I switched from nicer cars to regular ones which I just ran through the local £5 carwash. I used to find it rather theraputic but the only issue is getting a car looking right and then worrying about someone denting or damaging it!

I'm a bit annoyed that you must have passed my house near the M1 junction 28 and didn't call in for a cup of tea and then take me for a run around in your new ISF :biggrin:

Last time I drove one was around 4-5 years ago at a Lexus Open Road day, still suffer from whiplash due to excessive acceleration.

I'm bound to be down that way at some point in the next few months so I'll pop in for that brew :D

I'm guessing it was a dry day to cause the whiplash. Trying to put the power down in anything other than bone dry weather seems a tad difficult. 

Welcome to the club & i'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy the car.

As you've already experienced they do cover ground remarkably quickly without realising, even when you are not particularly trying. It still surprises me!!.

Its already been mentioned that there are a few of us who would be interested in the exhaust system you mentioned so keep us posted!!

Indeed, i've kept the stock system as I don't want to keep waking my neighbours at 06:00am every day and I don't want a loud drone when I'm on a long business trip, however an effective switchable exhaust sounds intriguing.

Keeping my neighbours happy is pretty high up on my requirements for an exhaust which is why the X Force Varex setup appeals to me. I'll let you know how I get on with sourcing one. 

Had a close shave earlier when I was pootling along at 40 thinking I was only doing 30. Spotted a cop car parked up ahead but I think I managed to drop my speed down. The cabin is too insulated for my own good!

Yes, at least it's been dry today where I am. Managed to give mine a quick wash and vacuumed the interior this morning. 

It came up really well (I use an acrylic sealant on it) but it won't last long being black!

Mine is parked up at home. Using my Galant VR4 for the commute still until the parking situation at work is sorted out. Booked in with a detailer in a few weeks for some one to one tuition. 

A week on and I still find myself smiling whenever I get into the car and press the start button. Still on the same tank of fuel, only covered a few extra miles since bringing it home from Oxford.

I'm starting to see what people meant about the pedal response in regular mode. Sport does improve it but makes it a tad jerky for regular town driving. I may have to invest in the Apexi controller in the future. 

15 hours ago, Cargav said:

Well done on the purchase - and in the best colour too.

Interested to hear how you get on with the Spotify streaming - lack of Bluetooth streaming on my 09 is the only real niggle with ownership so far 

Gavan

Cheers. I will be doing some more research on the iVIC-i as the video for it looks pretty decent. Need to see what the Spotify integration is like.

21 hours ago, Cargav said:

Well done on the purchase - and in the best colour too.

Interested to hear how you get on with the Spotify streaming - lack of Bluetooth streaming on my 09 is the only real niggle with ownership so far 

Gavan

I'm a bit of a dinosaur so sorry if this is stupid question, but if I want to plug my Iphone into an 2009 car to play deezer / Spotify how does it work and what will I need to buy?

what is this IVIC and does it provide any further benefits over wireless music?

thanks in advance

1 minute ago, rds1985 said:

I'm a bit of a dinosaur so sorry if this is stupid question, but if I want to plug my iPhone into an 2009 car to play deezer / Spotify how does it work and what will I need to buy?

what is this IVIC and does it provide any further benefits over wireless music?

thanks in advance

You can use the aux socket in the armrest along with a 3.5mm cable. However that means you can only change the music via the handset. 

The iVIC-i5 mirrors the apps on the cars display so don't have to use your phone. The phone has to be plugged into the device though but it does mean that it gets charged at the same time. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links