Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Poor Is200

I begin a 6 week training course on Monday which is going to put 270 miles on my car each day - 1350 miles a week!

With other commitments i'll be doing over 1500 miles a week :blink:

I only got my 80k service done yesterday, i'll be booking it in for it's 90k service in under 2 months.

That is alot of miles, but look at it this way mate, you have the perfect car for doing alot of miles in!!!

THat's what it was built for. The only cost will be petrol, and it will reach 90k quicker so the service will be sooner. That's all.......the car is bullet proof and a joy to drive on the motorway, don't think of it as a bad thing, think of it as that you will be driving alot of miles, in a car that is wonderful to do alot of miles in !!!

That is alot of miles, but look at it this way mate, you have the perfect car for doing alot of miles in!!!

THat's what it was built for.

The only cost will be petrol,

That's what I wanted to say, thanks.

The car is made for great milage and will do well.... your exhaust will get clean and out of dust or other junk. :D

Don't you have a buddy with a VW TDI (110 or 130HP pump-nozzle tech) who you could change cars with for those days???

You would save tons of money in fuel.

(I don't know Diesel prices from UK, but I think it's also cheaper than gas there, is it?)

NG, RR

I believe there is some legal thing where your employer is responsible for your driving if they ask silly things of you. They really should get you a hotel as you're not going to get the most out of the course with the lack of sleep and travelling.

Would you need to modify your insurance policy to allow for your car to be used for business travel or do you have business mileage insurance? :huh:

What you are expected to do does sound a tad unreasonable by your company. :o

Absolutely - it's not worth taking the risk on this. If something should happen and someone claimed an injury you wouldn't be covered.

I begin a 6 week training course on Monday which is going to put 270 miles on my car each day - 1350 miles a week!

With other commitments i'll be doing over 1500 miles a week  :blink:

Was gonna say phrases 'hotel' or 'B+B' and suchlike spring to mind :whistling:

Then read the bit where that'd already been covered :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links