Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

service and fuel

how much does servicing cost for a lexus is200 SE. jus wondering. and how much does it cost 2 fill the tank up with petrol at todays uk (rip-off) prices? also how many miles do u get out of it b 4 empty:smug:

My SE had it's first service (10000mls) couple of weeks back. Cost was about 85quid inc vat. Also had a 4 wheel alignment which was an additional 30.

You're looking at about 45quid to fill up with normal unleaded when the guage is a bit below 1/4 level ... put in about 55-60 litres. For this, i get around 350 miles of mostly short runs + another 100 or so if i'm doing some longer journeys.

At the end of the day, this'll depend alot on how you drive.

I filled up from virtually empty

on Monday

I put Shell Optimax in at 76.9p per litre.Right to the top was about 60-61 litres costing me around £47.00

That normally lasts me knocking around town about 350-400 miles depending how I drive it

I struggle to get much over 300 miles out of a tank on my 60 mile round trip to/from work which combines town, dual carriage way and motorway driving (which is about 23-24 mpg). On a long motorway trip I get nearer 400 miles, but I don't think I've ever hit over 400 miles from a tank.

This is most likely due to my heavy right foot.

An interim service (10k) is "about" £100 and a full (20k) "about" double that.

Does depend on where you go though and if there are any "extra's"

My best range from a tankfull was 470 miles and it took 67 litres (hey, I could have got another 20 miles out of it!!).

But then I'm quite light-footed and I always run it til it's on vapour ;)

Originally posted by ricky_is200

How many miles do you normally get after the petrol light comes on?

Between 40 and 60 depending on how hard I'm driving and how "lucky" I feel :P

cheers lads. i jus needed 2 kno wot 2 expect for wen i get it. in 94 days time. im goin nuts waitin. :smilegrin:

gonna do bout 400 miles in the first week jus drivin between stafford wolverhapmton and every area in stoke 2 go show my boys haha

Wow, under £100 for 10k service and 76.9p for Optimax! U guys are lucky.

Was charged £165 for 10k service the other day and it costs me 79.9 for optimax, here in C. London. Service was top notch though.

I get around 26-27mpg on C.london, then medium speed A roads, then M ways. Ricky, I'm surprised u only get 23-24mpg, looks too low, tyre-pressure? Need some adjusting to engine? What fuel do you use. I think I am getting better mpg now that I have changed from 95RON BP ULSP to Optimax.

I nearly always use Optimax, but if not always Super unleaded. Over 50,000 miles its been pretty much the same so I don't think its a tyre or tuning problem.

As most of the power is above 4500rpm (for those with new cars you'll experience that soon!) I do tend to accelerate hard and to high revs which is probably why I get crap mpg. One day I should try driving it more sedately.

I got caught low on fuel the other day and ended up filling up in a supermarket. The petrol maybe slightly cheaper but performance isn't as good as the Optimax. Usually costs me about £47 for a full tank and I usually do about 350 miles on that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links