Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Good weather forecast so Mrs ledzep and I went exploring.

From home through Llandeilo and Lampeter to Aberaeron.  Stopped there for coffee.  Then on to New Quay, Chish & Fips there on the front watching for dolphins.  A brief stop in Cardigan then home through Newcastle Emlyn and Carmarthen.  Beautiful scenery and lovely A roads.

In sport mode throughout and in drive, couldn't be bothered with paddles !  A leisurely drive outwards and a spirited drive going home.  According to the dash read out, averaged 32.6mpg from fill up this morning.  Very pleased with that.

As an aside, the lifetime (?) mpg on the screen when I collected the car last November was 25.6mpg.  This has improved (from 33k to 37k) to 27.3mpg.  Maybe the previous owner did lots of short journeys, drove like a maniac, or I drive like a grandad !!!

None of the above really matters, I'm loving my car :thumbup:

DSC01044.JPG

• Like 2

I used to live in both Aberaeron and Carmarthen!  In fact, I worked on a boat that took folks out to see the dophins from Aberaeron too.  I'm very fond of the A-roads in that area, and used to enjoy pounding round them in my Alfa Romeo...  Happy times :happy: 

On a day like today, with a lovely topless car, that must have been a very special little trip out.  I'm very envious!

I do a lot of short journeys and even longer ones ~15 miles to work and back are usually poisoned with heavy traffic, but my average as well improved from 26.4 to 27.7 now... Last 3 tanks were ~29.5 and would say I am averaging at ~28. Furthermore, it is not unusually for me to see orange tacho light.. little bit rarer red.. A/C is as well always on...

The main trick employ weight of the car (IS250 is heavy) and try to never ever use brake pedal. In the high speed it is usually economical to drive up to ~80 after that mpg starts to drop.

I can imagine IS250c is joy to drive in country side (jealous).

Hi glad you are enjoying your open air motoring Steve  ;we have just returned from a holiday on the lizard in Cornwall , top down weather all week . Went down through the Wye valley and on to M5 ,back motorway all way 1000 miles approx at 32.8 average based on fill ups not computer .A really nice way to travel even if we do have to put some luggage on the rear seats to make room for the hood .It is a heavy car,takes some stopping on those cornish inclines even using engine braking in 2nd and 3rd .The front is covered in flies and brake dust so a big clean up next !

Dave

On 08/06/2016 at 10:19 PM, The-Acre said:

I'm glad you mention the beautiful scenery as we're renting a cottage near New Quay later this year and we've not been that way before.

Don't think you'll be disappointed.  It's a quiet area on the roads, but New Quay gets very busy with limited parking facilities.  Hope the weather is kind to you.....enjoy !

9 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Don't think you'll be disappointed.  It's a quiet area on the roads, but New Quay gets very busy with limited parking facilities.  Hope the weather is kind to you.....enjoy !

We're looking forward to it.  We're not going until September and the cottage is about 3 miles from New Quay in a fairly remote area.  Not taking the Lexus because of the dog but the Volvo is great to drive...and practical!

The road between Lampeter and Aberaeron was always a fun run of mine, as long as you don't manage to find a tractor or Co-Op truck meandering its merry way!

New Quay itself is very picturesque (though I second the parking challenges), with some lovely beaches and you can often see dolphins from the harbour wall - pro tip: early in the morning on a filling tide is probably the best time.  You might see seals too :)

I highly recommend the few miles up the road to Aberaeron for food in the Harbourmaster Hotel.

9 hours ago, Wisty said:

The road between Lampeter and Aberaeron was always a fun run of mine, as long as you don't manage to find a tractor or Co-Op truck meandering its merry way!

New Quay itself is very picturesque (though I second the parking challenges), with some lovely beaches and you can often see dolphins from the harbour wall - pro tip: early in the morning on a filling tide is probably the best time.  You might see seals too :)

I highly recommend the few miles up the road to Aberaeron for food in the Harbourmaster Hotel.

All that noted, thank you!

Sounds like you had a blast.  Would like to do a few road trips myself if I get the chance at some point.  I will look up the routes suggested in this thread.

Funnily enough, I saw my first IS250C today.  Very nice looking.

It was parked in the car park of the Hampshire Court hotel near Basingstoke.

Number plate started R33 (I think :smile:) in case it is anyone on here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links