Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I find it very difficult to stop thinking of ways that I can improve things.  While not everyone would be so anal or suffer from OCD I was never impressed with the finish of the locking wheel nuts on my 460, a rather dull grey steel finish and prone to looking very grubby over time.  Other manufacturers suffer no less such as Mercedes whose locking wheel nuts look positively rusty if left unattended.   There is no reason why Lexus couldn't chrome their locking wheel nuts to match the very heavy chrome of the standard wheel nuts. 

I polished the original locking wheel nuts on my buffing machine and they came up very well but they returned to their rather drab finish after a few weeks of road use. I decided to buy  a new set of locking wheel nuts from the dealer at £32 incl  vat and simply passed them straight over to a great chrome plating company in Leeds who turned them round In 24 hours.  The result was  impressive.  No issues about the chrome entering the threaded section as 4 bolts were used to screw into the nuts during the process and as we are only talking about microns of chrome plating the master key works perfectly without marking the spinning outer cover.   My friends tell me I need therapy but what do they know?

Steve 

001 (16).JPG

002 (9).JPG

003 (6).JPG

• Like 3

I've just copied that pattern, and will be coming for your wheels in the early hours of Sunday morning, if that's ok?

Just so I don't waste my time, can you confirm that they will fit a LS400 please?

• Like 3

That's ok mikeyV, George and Stella my German Shepherds are looking forward to your visit.  I'll not feed them their raw meat and biscuits on Saturday in readiness. Ha Ha

madasahatter:  The firm is called Silchrome Ltd, Leeds, it's the only place in Leeds who can plate and polish all sorts of metals in different finishes.  I paid their minimum charge of £60 + vat as it was such a small order.    

• Like 1

If I spent nearly £100 on this my wife would go nuts probably hitting me over the head with a chrome plated serving tray, having said that do they do gold plating?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SH20 said:

That's ok mikeyV, George and Stella my German Shepherds are looking forward to your visit.  I'll not feed them their raw meat and biscuits on Saturday in readiness. Ha Ha

madasahatter:  The firm is called Silchrome Ltd, Leeds, it's the only place in Leeds who can plate and polish all sorts of metals in different finishes.  I paid their minimum charge of £60 + vat as it was such a small order.    

Give my regards to George and Stella, and please feed them, as I've decided not to bother!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links