Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Your not thinking about buying baz one are you? Apparently he sold a 51 reg ls430 recently for a white ls430, but if you look on gumtree, he's just advertised another gold ish coloured ls430 as he's still looking for a white one. Overpriced as usual, high mileage, with rust spots in the usual places. I don't understand him sometimes 

• Like 1

The story with old Baz goes that he bought the silver LS430 and found it was a none premium pack version so it didn't have air suspension and the extra things in the rear of the car, he also said he preferred the none perforated leather as the seats aren't cooled on none premium cars.

Then a white one came up for sale so he decided to sell the silver one only then to find he'd been gazumped on the white one so then ended up buying the gold one he has now. He said the radio amp is broken and the electric sunroof is jammed, also some rust according to its MOT history.

I bought my LS400 from him and love the car, it was probably a bit overpriced but to me was worth it for the condition and absolutely everything works on the car, even the common failure items are fine (touch wood, I don't want to tempt fate!!!) He is a genuine nice guy (probably a bit too nice, hence he has been known to get his fingers burned when buying cars because he trusts the sellers too much). I honestly don't believe he is a dealer. He seems to enjoy buying cars and the chase more than actually owning them, he also seems to lose some money every time so that would make him a poor dealer, he does it more as a hobby. He isn't that clued up so sometimes gets a good car, sometimes a bad one. He seems to buy them without viewing them and trusts the seller too much in my opinion. His wife Pat must despair though!!! As I said mine seems to be a good un but he is no dealer.

I know many will shoot me down telling me he is a dealer and not to buy anything from him and that is fine. This is just my opinion of the guy having met him and dealt with him and is now a friend.

As for buying a high mileage Lexus, if the service history and MOT history are good and everything works and the price is right I wouldn't be put off by 200k on a Lexus.

That description could be me.  He did try to buy one off of me. Didn't offer me enough and to be honest was a bit of a pain. Why doesn't just be honest and say I like buying cars more than I do owning them instead of all the wedding bumf.

I've been known to buy a car and put it up for sale the next day. At a loss of might add.

I think my ls430 is a keeper .(Better be I'm looking for a parts car)

He used to do weddings in the 80s and 90s and he says he used to love it so much that he wants to do them again, personally, as great as they are I don't really see the LS400 or LS430 as wedding cars, people want something more traditional for that like Rolls Royce, Bentley or Jaguar even though I think the Lexus is actually a better car to actually own than those 3.

The LS400 makes a good second car (for bridesmaids) at weddings. I have used my silver one a couple of times when I have done a wedding with my Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire.

.......  a few years ago an impoverished nephew  " borrowed "  me and my beautiful Mk2 Ls400 for their wedding car  ...........  I felt proud of it, certainly unusual at the time to see a Lexus in this role :wub:

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links