Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Zex Nitrous Sc400

Hites

http://www.zex.com/information/products/nitrousairamplifier/

with an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket headers, what tuning and what parts would be needed to go with this? would this be able to run on 93 octane? pretty much just tell me whatever the hell you want about this.

93 octane??? thats low isn`t it?? i thought that we had the bad stuff over here.

http://www.zex.com/information/products/nitrousairamplifier/

with an aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket headers, what tuning and what parts would be needed to go with this? would this be able to run on 93 octane?  pretty much just tell me whatever the hell you want about this.

93 octane??? thats low isn`t it?? i thought that we had the bad stuff over here.

the best i can get locally is 94 but nationally, 93 is the highest octane offered. sucks a nut, but you can easily get use to it. so would 93 or 94 be feasible with this? if not, ill just get one of those erams from electricsupercharger.com

You will not need anything else with that model.

my personal rule (shared by many) is that you keep it 'dry' unless you are doing 100 shot or more, Then you would need to upgrade to a 'wet' system.

going with a wet system would require a new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. It would also require tapping into the fuel system to run a fuel line along side the nitrous line.

The zex system youve posted is the easiest (and safest) nitrous system on the market.

good luck!!!

In the US, MON Ratings are used instead of RON :

RON .. MON .. R+M/2

95 .... 85 .... 90

98 .... 88 .... 93

99 .... 87 .... 93

RON = Research Octane Number

MON = Motor Octane Number

R+M/2 = used to determine the AKI (Anti Knock Index)

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

it uses pressure built up in the bottle to 'amplify' the air.....without the system it's just a regular Air Filter

I did mean with a small bottle attached to it :P

I can't see any reason why it can't be done, just depends if the fitters are willing to do it on its own.

Or would it just not be worth it?

I dont think I understand what you're asking :(

The filter design allows for a better airflow and would work better than a standard pod style filter....to a point* it simply replaces the spray fitting in a Nitrous system.

If thats what youre after then there are Pod-filters designed with venturis in them to streamline airflow....

*However, the swirling air effect would be minimized due to the many curves in the stock intake layout. Im sure their CFM chart was with a 'straight thru' design.

Its simple (patented) nozzle intergrated into a filter with a venturi in the center that 'streamlines' the airflow.

When they first came out it was targeted to the new nitrous users and those not willing to drill into their intakes.

Hope this helps :)

Ah, so wouldn't be an improvement really.

I thought it would basically give a really strong airflow when activated, but I don't know a lot about the tuning side of things, so I was just thinking out loud!

I was thinking about nitrous today actually, its something to think about, but I don't think I would use it enough to be worth it. Just 1 or 2 runs up the strip a year. It would be cool but...

Cheers for the answers:-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links