Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Test drive CT next week

floggit

16 minutes ago, floggit said:

Yeah just goin to suck the service costs up, ill pay up front n get it done.

where did i say i didnt like the advance trim? Im looking at the sport because it mostly has the features i would like and thats my price point. Id love a higher model but would make my monthlies to high.

Ah sorry I must have seen that on the other thread currently going on about getting a CT. 

Sport is pretty nice. There was an advance + for a bit but they seemed to drop it and the sport and sport + arrived. I guess they wanted not to have too many levels and the mid range is probably the most popular. 

Have you considered going the second hand route?  You can make a serious saving buying a year or two old model and you can extend the warranty up to 5 years for extra piece if mind, although they are just about the most reliable car you can get. Depreciation in the first year must be 25%. 

• Like 1

Yeah sport is my level. The extra for the sport + doesent add value for me.

i would consider an older vehicle as you say but my mrs is very ocd and likes new no previous owners sorta thing. Ha im going to check it out now just in case. Id love a top spec model but convincing her will be an uphill battle lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Capitalmagpie said:

We have a 2016 CT 200h Sport and love it.

The ride is great, even with mainly short local trips mpg is over 50.

I would recommend this car.

It is my third Lexus after a GS300 and SC430 and the quality is still there.

Thats good to hear. I had a ls400 5years ago and how ive survived vw since i dont know. 

Well after quite a few phone calls today i managed to get a better deal on the service plan and the deal on the car was good so its been reserved, they didnt ring me back so deposit tommorow. Ill get in the dealership friday morning sorting all paperwork.

the mrs likes black so being a sport it will be triple black,, body/wheels/interior. A lot of black!

expected collection will be oct4 so not long to wait. Well happy.

Yeah for sure, probably could have picked up friday but we have a weekend away booked so its tue. Didnt want to pick new car up and leave on drive for 3days. 

Had an old Ls years ago then went vw, so very glad to be back. Just something special about lexus.

thats reminds me to update my piccy 

• Like 1

Well w/end away in london which is why im not picking the CT up until tuesday. Thought with the congestion charges id see loads. Lost count of the amount of prius's weve seen and since friday weve seen 3 CT's and thats all been today. Strange so few!

• Like 1

Yeah , well, interior should be ok. Wheels im hoping will hide brake dust better and ive been researching washing, drying and protecting black body on detailing world so im hoping to keep on top of it.

Currently have a vw up which is being traded in and a mk2 golf g60  supercharger im selling so the theory is it will be easier to clean one car than two!. Says hoping lol. Will get a few hours attention inside n out each week hopefully. 

1 hour ago, floggit said:

Yeah , well, interior should be ok. Wheels im hoping will hide brake dust better and ive been researching washing, drying and protecting black body on detailing world so im hoping to keep on top of it.

Currently have a vw up which is being traded in and a mk2 golf g60  supercharger im selling so the theory is it will be easier to clean one car than two!. Says hoping lol. Will get a few hours attention inside n out each week hopefully. 

Black wheels are the worst IMO. Show up brake dust pretty bad because they end up looking brown

• Like 1

Well w/end away in london which is why im not picking the CT up until tuesday. Thought with the congestion charges id see loads. Lost count of the amount of prius's weve seen and since friday weve seen 3 CT's and thats all been today. Strange so few!

You're quite right there. I've been to London a few times recently and it's overflowing with Prius and I've only seen 1 CT up there which is identical to mine.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, floggit said:

My IS200t is Celestial black with black wheels....Just getting used to the black wheels. I didn't learn my lesson from my last car buy hey ho when black is detailed it looks the business.

The wheels seem to dull to a matt black when dirty,haven't noticed a brown tinge yet but I guess I haven't left it long enough..

• Like 1

Well i guess i may live n learn with the black. I have been showing my other car at vw shows last couple of years and previous cars for last 15yrs or so. The ct will get cleaned weekly so dirt will not get chance to build up. Hopefully lol

Been showing this for the last two years, shes a mk2 golf g60 edition one supercharger in lhd. I know theres no love on a lexus forum but shows im used to cleaning. 

780df6010a74d2a161f17cf640c6c604.jpg

the superchargers like a grenade waiting to blow so ive had my time with it. Selling and trading the up in and returning to lexus tommorow. Will get a couple a pics up soon as i can.

• Like 2

Anticlimax collection day. Was supposed to collect car today but unfortunately its sat somewhere waiting for a part of the sport pack thats short.

Not the lexus experience i was looking forward to today. My insurance changed over today so ive had to rearrange that with them and their not happy i cant give them a new date. My lexus dealer has gone from arranging a collection day/time to now they dont know when it will be available to collect. Surely when you arrange a day with a customer you make sure it is possible. Disapointed today and not the dealership experience i wanted. 

To get the deal in sept it was all has to be signed in sept this deal wont be on next month ( to be fair its an excellent deal) now ive signed and the deposit is paid the rush seems to have gone. 

Yes i was offered a car on their insurance but like my test drive at £1000 excess not a risk im prepared to take. Only takes one idiot!. They also offered to deliver new car to my house however as im trading a car in i prefer to do the paperwork in the dealership and not in my kitchen. I do appriciate their trying to work around the cancelled delivery but i made plans around it and as im on holiday has thrown everything out. A date and time should not have been arranged if they didnt think they could keep it.

Im sure when it arrives i will be happy ,but today disapointed.

On 03/10/2016 at 0:43 AM, stormchaser said:

You're quite right there. I've been to London a few times recently and it's overflowing with Prius and I've only seen 1 CT up there which is identical to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prius are a minicab favourite, as for any lack of ct's, well lets just say there's a lot of potholes in London...... including the one I didn't manage to dodge during a 24 hour test drive firmly convincing me the ct200h wasn't for me.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:12 PM, floggit said:

Yes i was offered a car on their insurance but like my test drive at £1000 excess not a risk im prepared to take. Only takes one idiot!. They also offered to deliver new car to my house however as im trading a car in i prefer to do the paperwork in the dealership and not in my kitchen. I do appriciate their trying to work around the cancelled delivery but i made plans around it and as im on holiday has thrown everything out. A date and time should not have been arranged if they didnt think they could keep it.

£1000 excess!?

Had a brand new RX450h Premier for a couple of days while my own was at the dealers and the excess was £250!

I think you should ask for some accessories - mats, cargo nets - as compensation for the hassle...

• Like 1

On 10/4/2016 at 8:12 PM, floggit said:

Get free service pack done as part of the hassle. You also realise you dont have to pay the excess if someone hits you right? Only if you hit them!

2 hours ago, DanD said:

£1000 excess!?

Had a brand new RX450h Premier for a couple of days while my own was at the dealers and the excess was £250!

I think you should ask for some accessories - mats, cargo nets - as compensation for the hassle...

Yes it was a £1000 excess to test drive and £500 or £1000 if i had a loan car but as i have my trade in it just wasnt worth the effort. Good shout , ill see whats offered.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links