Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow Chains?

stevebish

I looked into these during the summer. After last February's heavy snow, I decided to take a peek and see how much they cost. They were quite expensive and I pursued it no longer.

After reading about peoples problems driving up hills this morning, I thought, "Good idea for a Group Buy suggestion!"

Sorry for having done no research before posting this topic! Lazy I know! There may be some members that have already done research and even bought some??

What do ya think?

Are you being serious? :ohmy:

I don't think we get enough snow in this country to justify buying snow chains. Also I think you'll look like a right wally with them on here :lol:

:winky:

:lol::lol::lol:

i could've done with some this morning, got stuck in my solicitors car park for half an hour, eventually some cardboard from a nearby skip helped me get going!

studded tyres are better cos its mostly black ice we get in this country.

chains cause to mutch damage to road and car, used to have them for me 1600e when I lived near Princetown (dartmoor).

studded tyres are better cos its mostly black ice we get in this country.

chains cause to mutch damage to road and car, used to have them for me 1600e when I lived near Princetown (dartmoor).

I bet they were noisy as well.

In europe it is compulsory to have winter tyres fitted, during the erm winter.

You can order steel 16 rims from lexus, and fit proper winter tyres, belive me, they make a huge difference.

i will try and find the part number for the steel rims

Could have done with them tonight!

Took me 2 hours to do 2 miles, lost control loads of times. Had to abandom car 1/2 mile from home as couldn't get up even the slightest hill.

Big car, rear wheel drive, wide tyres don't do well in snow!!

Where were you stuck Jim?

Took me ages (about an hour) to get off the A1M and onto the A414 by Lexus Hatfield. I've spent 6 1/2 hours in the car today, just to do my 60 mile round trip to/from work.

Are you being serious? :ohmy:

Sorry Ifraz, not joking!

I work at Luton Airport. The snow started falling today at about 16.10, by 16.15 I had a bus driver pushing me up a hill coz the Lex couldn't make it!!

It's 6 miles from work to home. I left work at 16.00, I got home at 21.10! I abandoned my car at approx 18.00 (half a mile from the car park) and nabbed a lift of mate in a Saxo, stopped another half a mile down the road at around 18.45 at the pub! 3 pints (for me) later, the roads are clear enough to chance again! Still wouldn't have been that happy in the Lex though. Will pick it up tomorow if it's not snowed in!

Besides, you only fit the chains for the journey! I wouldn't leave them on. You can get ones that have "Alloy Wheel Protectors". I'd leave them in the boot during the winter and laugh at people that can't go up hills when I need to!!

chains must not be used on open laid roads - they will wear very quickly and then break, smashing up ur motor in the process, they are designed to be used in deep snow when the winter tyres can not cope. i have driven for about 200m between major snow ares with chains on and trust me you wont want to drive for long with chains on - might as well have square wheels!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links