Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Filter Advice

Corby

Im after improving the sound and power of my IS200 Sport without it costing the earth. I'm thinking of either a air filter replacement panel or a new cone filter kit.

Which would people recomend? Ive heard and seen on some of the chat forums that heat can actually reduce power due to intake pipes on full kits that run over the engine!?

Advice greatfully recieved.

Cheers.

Ive heard and seen on some of the chat forums that heat can actually reduce power due to intake pipes on full kits that run over the engine!?

Only when you're stuck in traffic jam where no fresh air can get into your intake and your engine bay. Then it's possible the piping can get warm.

Not while driving..... fresh air is always cooling the engine bay. The heat goes back under the car. ;)

At all the piping doesn't get so hot that the streaming air would warm up so quick that you would notice any power decrease.....

I proofed sometimes. I touched the piping after driving around and it was cold.... Although it runs over the engine head.

I noticed a small response-increase at low rpm, because it can breath easier. :)

But a panel filter wont make any difference to the sound,

Not sure i agree entirely with that.

Put a K+N panel on my car at the weekend.

Now has a nice induction growl - just enough, not intrusive ...

Now find myself with window down, booting it out of r/bouts etc :blush:

With this + the TTE silencer, baby's sure singin' some sweeeet tunes

:wub:

But a panel filter wont make any difference to the sound,

Not sure i agree entirely with that.

Put a K+N panel on my car at the weekend.

Now has a nice induction growl - just enough, not intrusive ...

Now find myself with window down, booting it out of r/bouts etc :blush:

With this + the TTE silencer, baby's sure singin' some sweeeet tunes

:wub:

Ah, so it's not just me then :lol::whistling:

I'll second the K&N panel filter comment - fitted mine the weekend too and it has changed the induction noise slightly - nice !

The shorter the piping, the louder and deeper the induction noise. :winky:

I fitted the HKS before the piping and I noticed that it got just more deeper and louder after fitting the intake stuff, than with the stock intake. :)

Do K&N now do a filter for the IS200 then?? Thought they only did IS300. Didn't a guy put this in his IS200 and after a while got a load of engine warning lights come on??

Lexus techy said he wouldn't look at the car until he swopped back!

Do K&N now do a filter for the IS200 then?? Thought they only did IS300. Didn't a guy put this in his IS200 and after a while got a load of engine warning lights come on??

Lexus techy said he wouldn't look at the car until he swopped back!

If you put too much oil on the filter it will cover the MAF sensor in it and cause problems. I don't think K&N do an IS200 filter, only for vehicles available in the US

K&N have just launched an IS200 panel filter - just fitted mine.

Where is the MAF sensor located - should it be wiped clean or is it not that sort of component ?

The filter is excellent - had one on my RAV 4 for 50k with no problems too.

On the RAV I could really feel the difference - on the IS200 it is slightly less obvious but it has also changed the induction note which is nice - South Coast Wheels do them but think TDI do on here too.

The filter is excellent - had one on my RAV 4 for 50k with no problems too.

On the RAV I could really feel the difference - on the IS200 it is slightly less obvious but it has also changed the induction note which is nice - South Coast Wheels do them but think TDI do on here too.

Have you told your insurance company about the filter?

I originally wanted a K&N but they were not out when I got the Trust one (recent LOC GB) - the K&N came out the same weekend I tried the Trust - took it out and ordered K&N - still brand new except for 10 miles use - no real reason - just me being me I guess ! :P

No not declared on insurance - as it fits within the standard airbox it is not altering the performance of the engine any more than changing a dirty std filter for a new clean one IMO.

Have declared TTE springs but would not expect panel filter to be an issue - unless you folks out there know different of course ? :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links