Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

Has anyone bought a SAT NAV update from this place? Seems to get good reviews etc and loads cheaper than getting it form ebay. Also like some other copies you dont need to disconnect the Battery as part of install.

 

https://satnavstore.com/

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

This company has popped up on several occasions on LOC, and generally has good reviews.

John. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am interested to hear of any other experiences as well.

If it works out then it would make for a very cheap upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have took the plunge and paid the money will see when it comes and I will update.

as been said the site has had good reviews so hoping all works out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So installed he disc and disconnected the Battery for 15 mins. Connected back the Battery and job done. Had to calibrate the reverse camera and re sync my windows but it all took seconds.

 

went for a drive and all seemed to be fine POI all showing that I have selected and planned a route and that was fine. 

 

So so far for £25 quid I’m happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good.

Did it update the firmware when you inserted the disc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Sounds good.

Did it update the firmware when you inserted the disc?

Shows I have the latest disc software on it. By the time I connected the Battery and turn the car on everything was ready 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you confirm all the Voice commands work?

I bought one like this a while ago and although it worked, the Voice system stopped (all of it, even for air con/phone etc).

The seller did correct it with a new disk but it worked for a week then had trouble reading the disk. Due to the faff of removing the disk each time it played up it is now sitting in my garage and the old 2008 original disk is back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chr15gb said:

Can you confirm all the Voice commands work?

I bought one like this a while ago and although it worked, the Voice system stopped (all of it, even for air con/phone etc).

The seller did correct it with a new disk but it worked for a week then had trouble reading the disk. Due to the faff of removing the disk each time it played up it is now sitting in my garage and the old 2008 original disk is back in.

Hi, 

have tried it now and the voice part does not work as you don’t get the beep when you have pressed the button. This doesn’t bother me as I don’t use that functionality. My main aim was to have the updated maps which it does and for £25 quid I am not complaining. 

Everythimg else works no problem so far if I do have an issue I will let everyone know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that is annoying.

I admit the voice command is quite useless, but I have found one use for it.  I have set my home to the 'quick access slot 1' in the nav as opposed to 'home'.  It never understands me when I say 'home' but it recognises 'quick access 1' every time. Quick and easy way to set the nav for home.

It would be a shame to lose that functionality.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Well, that is annoying.

I admit the voice command is quite useless, but I have found one use for it.  I have set my home to the 'quick access slot 1' in the nav as opposed to 'home'.  It never understands me when I say 'home' but it recognises 'quick access 1' every time. Quick and easy way to set the nav for home.

It would be a shame to lose that functionality.

 

It’s strange it works for making call if you have tagged your contacts with your voice etc. 

I can’t remember how to get POI to show when I’m driving normally I have it set for petrol stations and parking etc but I can’t remember how to set it up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

out of interest what is the procedure for this update .... I couldn't figure it out for mine.... was told mine was dealer only, they stung me £200 for an update, and still doesn't include some of the roads around me!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming you have a DVD based system, then the disc is inserted behind the clock display on the dash.  There are two pins at each corner that will release the display when pressed.  You then insert the new disc and it will automatically update the firmware if necessary.  Should work seamlessly from there on in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jumbojake said:

out of interest what is the procedure for this update .... I couldn't figure it out for mine.... was told mine was dealer only, they stung me £200 for an update, and still doesn't include some of the roads around me!

 

So as the below post mentions the disc goes behind the clock face. 

On a genuine disc I’m guessing it will upload fine. On what I had to do was insert the disc then disconnect the car Battery for 15 mins the connect back up.

issue with disconnecting the Battery was I had to re sync windows and calibrate the reverse camera which took 5 mins if that to sort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, joelfigueira said:

Hi all,

 

Has anyone bought a SAT NAV update from this place? Seems to get good reviews etc and loads cheaper than getting it form ebay. Also like some other copies you dont need to disconnect the battery as part of install.

 

https://satnavstore.com/

 

 

What was the part number of the one you bought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the one I got from the site

Lexus navigation DVD disc E1B SAT NAV MAP UPDATE 2017  
  - Select your disc: Western Europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2017 at 8:44 AM, is200 Newbie said:

What was the part number of the one you bought?

Not sure about that site but the one I used has 2017 map update and everything works for my hands free 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ordered as well,  gs300 2007  so will let everyone know how mine works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be good to see what your experience is.

instructions are on the back of disc and that’s all I followed to install mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my update for 50-60 I think beginning of yr didn't disconnect Battery just placed it updated firmware automatically no problem with it works fine.

I bought mine off ebay came from Germany 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, now i really do need some help!

followed instructions, Battery disconnected for 15, and dvd won't read disc!

Comes up with disclaimer warning, i touch i agree, and the checking disc, and then back to disclaimer.

I can't eject disc, not sure what to do now.

few web sites say about hidden eject feature, some about removing drive.

any help would be greatly appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Joel,

not yet, and will do that next.

i'm currently looking on youtube, and the credit card with sticky tape method is looking like a goer lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.