Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Microsoft

flotsam

I've got sick of the latest IE6 hanging the whole system or simply crashing causing all my IE windows to crash too.

Downloaded the old Netscape Navigator which I haven't used in 9 years and it's great. Has an integrated pop-up stopper unlike the proprietary one I was using (I had to hold Ctrl down when I wanted a pop-up or new window), has a cookie manager, download manager and a password manager.

Wonderful.

I remember upgrading to W2K and finding all my old software worked straight away except Microsoft rubbish! I've been told by a Microsoft consultant that they don't bother making it efficient. That would explain why the bigger and faster your machine is the slower and more bug-ridden Microsoft's operating systems become.

I have no complaints against Microsoft...

I have just upgraded my home PC to XP, and I am well impressed, I agree, i had a few issues with how often 9x used to hang/crash, but NT & 2000 were always fine for me, and now it looks like my home SW will be the same...

I do use Linux occasionally too, but prefer windows, and lets be honest, you think about how much Microsoft software you have on your system (Windows, Office, IE, etc..) its not surprising it goes wrong every so often..

I also don't have any problems. Some of their products aren't much good but others are excellent.

Most problems are caused by third party bits of software installed on your machine but if you don't like Microsoft products then don't use them.

I tried Mozilla Firebird. It has some nice features but all I can say is you can tell it's beta software - I think I'll stick with IE.

i am using mozzila firebird and dont have any problems so far loaded for about 2/3 mths and not one problem .. its good having the build in popup stopper especially as it will only block sites that are not connected to the one you are looking at..

craig

Seems 'snappier' than the previous version??

(I've realised what it is - I haven't got Flash installed on this version yet and the flash file at the bottom about joining gold whacks my CPU up to 100% when I've got more than 4 tabs open on here - it's an old 667Mhz jobby :( )

No problems with Microsoft myself. Yeah they're money grabbing gits, and the early stuff was a bit dodgy. But the latest generation is fine, and who says you have to pay for it (not that I don't pay for it! sup**no*a... need I say more!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links