Recommended Posts

I've been having a play on the government website checking cars MOT status etc. I put my car details in and was surprised to find that as of today's date that there is an outstanding recall on my car. It's a 64 plate.

Anyone else with an is300h similar age had or heard of the same recall?

My dealer is getting a phone call tomorrow. 

No idea what it's about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Have you read this

 

paul m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His Paul. Just found that thread. Seems last year a recall was issued about rear wheel arch possible corrosion. That's OK but the gov website stated a date as of yesterday!  Thanks for the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riiiiiight.......do let us know what this is all about then after you have contacted the dealership.

paul m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine checked when my wheels were done. It's just sealant inside the arches. Technician sealed it again anyway - I was told.

Although i suspect if corrosion has already started and they pump sealant over the top it won't do much good. Who knows what goes on, can only hope it's been done properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is a 300h 64 reg - I knew about the wheel arch recall which was showing against my car and so asked about it when booking the last service - they said they had it scheduled in to do - it's now showing all clear on the recalls so I think for the OP it is this recall that is outstanding - if it's serviced by Lexus they will probably do it next time if asked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a well known recall but no letters were sent out. 

Instead it flags up on the computer when booking for servicing and its done with the service.

If there is corrosion, they will repair and then put the sealant on top

My RX is showing an outstanding recall - I wonder if its the ECU for the tailgate but I know thats been done because its on the Lexus Portal and my car was brimmed when I collected it. 

I would check on the Lexus portal to see if its been done - it may just say refueled or something. If they've refuelled, they've done the recall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the gov site shows a manufacturer safety recall as of today's' date.  Funny how yesterday it showed it beginning yesterday! 

I've just phoned my dealer and they said it's the wheel arch thing. A half hour check. As I'm off monday it's going in then but to their credit I'm not fixed to a time.

I'm going to look at the arches on my car out of curiosity coz this scenario should never happen nowadays. 70''s Leyland cars yes lol.

Thanks for your inputs guys. Much appreciated. I'll report back on this on Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well the gov site shows a manufacturer safety recall as of today's' date.  Funny how yesterday it showed it beginning yesterday! 

I've just phoned my dealer and they said it's the wheel arch thing. A half hour check. As I'm off monday it's going in then but to their credit I'm not fixed to a time.

I'm going to look at the arches on my car out of curiosity coz this scenario should never happen nowadays. 70''s Leyland cars yes lol.

Thanks for your inputs guys. Much appreciated. I'll report back on this on Monday. 

My RX also says as of today's date. I believe mine is the Takata Airbag recall which is showing on VOSA.

Your wheel arches will be fine. I dont think its actually happened, just that they've noticed some cars may not have the sealant on, or a defective sealant on.

Make sure you don't go with a full tank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice Rayaans. It'll be a half tank on Monday. 

I had a look and didn't notice any roughness. The gap between the arch and the liner is minute and the best I've seen on any of my cars I've owned.

If I remember to I'll remove the liners in the summer and have a look and treat if necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rayaans said:

This is a well known recall but no letters were sent out. 

They were, I received one as did multiple people on LOC. But possibly only to owners that had a higher chance of having the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

They were, I received one as did multiple people on LOC. But possibly only to owners that had a higher chance of having the issue?

I never had a letter but Lexus had already put it down to be done when I rang to book my next service - maybe they stopped sending the letters and just decided to do it when they next saw the car 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

I never had a letter but Lexus had already put it down to be done when I rang to book my next service - maybe they stopped sending the letters and just decided to do it when they next saw the car 

Yes quite possibly. I've never heard of anybody actually needing work done, perhaps they lowered the priority when they realised the number affected was lower than expected? I thought mine might need it as it was one of the early built vehicles, but it was fine when the dealer checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

They were, I received one as did multiple people on LOC. But possibly only to owners that had a higher chance of having the issue?

Ours is a 63 plate registered in September so also an early one hut never got a letter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rayaans said:

Make sure you don't go with a full tank

Why half a tank sorry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Ours is a 63 plate registered in September so also an early one hut never got a letter

Really not sure what went on here. As it wasn't a safety issue they didn't need to write but they certainly did for some. Mine was registered in July 13 for what its worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, matt8 said:

Why half a tank sorry?

About 10-15 years ago, when Lexus recalled cars, they used to hand over a bottle of champagne for the inconvenience.

Now, they've changed that policy and refuel instead - go with a full tank, you don't get anything!

34 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Really not sure what went on here. As it wasn't a safety issue they didn't need to write but they certainly did for some. Mine was registered in July 13 for what its worth.

Im not sure either - maybe it was the dealers sending them out rather than Lexus UK themselves

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now