Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 minutes ago, noby76 said:

which qualities? you mean the plastic interior? which drive? you mean the diesel like sounding engine.. guys please dont make me laugh ...

Maybe you comparing it with IS220d? Yes it is diesel..

What Honda's interior has no plastic?!.. it is just a bit harder in Honda from my memory.. and all the A/C and radio controls are bit cheaper and little bit more lose. The noise of injectors is nose of injectors .. you can only hear it when you stick your head under the bonnet thought.. from where I am sitting I can only hear V6 song.

1 minute ago, noby76 said:

which qualities? you mean the plastic interior? which drive? you mean the diesel like sounding engine.. guys please dont make me laugh ...

dont recall the 2.5 V6 sounding like a diesel. or a 4 pot for that matter.And yes,the interiorof the IS is better quality

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

Maybe you comparing it with IS220d? Yes it is diesel..

What Honda's interior has no plastic?!.. it is just a bit harder in Honda from my memory.. and all the A/C and radio controls are bit cheaper and little bit more lose. The noise of injectors is nose of injectors .. you can only hear it when you stick you head under the bonnet thought.. from where I am sitting I can only hear V6 song.

and its a sweet song at that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamesf1 said:

dont recall the 2.5 V6 sounding like a diesel. or a 4 pot for that matter.And yes,the interiorof the IS is better quality

give your cars a start tomorrow morning and stand outside and you will be surprised by the diesel like noise your Lexus produces.. if better quality plastic makes you guys feel superior than an Accord driver then each one to his own...:laugh::laugh:  

• Like 1

the more we go about it, the less sense you make... Why do I need to stand outside of my car in the morning when I start it? Is that some sort of normal ritual you do? Because I just get it and drive off. As I have said - high pressure injectors sounds exactly the same on any car when it's idling. But it does not make V6 sound like 4L diesel..

Honda Accord is great mid-size non-luxury saloon, definitely one of better ones from contemporaries - Mazda 6, Ford Mondeo, Passat, Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Avensis and others... Some luxury trims really made it stand out from it's class and it was great car... But it has nothing when it comes to comparing it to entry-luxury saloons.. just totally different ballpark.

As for the engine 2.4 VTEC was great engine for L4, I believe it uses separate balancing shaft to smoothen it.. and very good, but has nothing against V6.. just don't even try.. 

I have a feeling that this thread may have drifted a tad off topic. I love my GS as it's a comfy relaxing cruiser with quality materials. As I'm not a boy racer I never get anywhere near the limit to really differentiate the qualities of RWD versus FWD handling. If the new ES matches my GS in terms of quality and comfort and quietness I'd be interested in one. I think it's a good looking car and apart from a couple if things in the interior that I don't like it's ok by me.

• Like 2

[Lexus IS] its no better than the Accord in every way shape or form 

I mean come on, your not fooling anyone, especially a Lexus forum. We have both acknowledged the Accord is a fine car with a good engine and gear box, and the best of the cars linus mentioned. But stop digging that hole your in

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

But it has nothing when it comes to comparing it to entry-luxury saloons.. just totally different ballpark. 

which begs the questions when comparing what exactly?

do you mean its 0-60? if so there is nothing between the two cars.

you mean top speed? again nothing between them.

you mean toys and gadgets? again nothing between them as i have the Executive model.

interior fit and finish?  they both use plastic

cruising speed?  they both quiet  

So struggling to understand what makes the IS250 a different ballpark...

Just now, Ala Larj said:

I have a feeling that this thread may have drifted a tad off topic. I love my GS as it's a comfy relaxing cruiser with quality materials. As I'm not a boy racer I never get anywhere near the limit to really differentiate the qualities of RWD versus FWD handling. If the new ES matches my GS in terms of quality and comfort and quietness I'd be interested in one. I think it's a good looking car and apart from a couple if things in the interior that I don't like it's ok by me.

not as good as and Accord though, and it has deadly RWD to boot you skilless fool. Just saving noby the bother...

• Haha 2

interior fit and finish?  they both use plastic

Hahahaha oh come Linus, hes got you there!!! Brilliant.

So does an S class and Tata Nano, hardly equalises the quality of the interior though

On 26/04/2018 at 11:32 AM, noby76 said:

not sure what you meant by pure better (dynamically) way of moving a car..  a RWD will not hold an advantage when starting of the line, rolling start, entering a corner, carrying speed round a corner or exiting out of a corner when compered to a similar well tuned FWD car of its calibre. 

This all started around this post - since then you've been off on a logical flip flop tour of the universe trying to wriggle out of the fact you were wrong, are wrong and will always be wrong, until you alter your view when presented with new evidence. 

Preference is nothing to do with physical differences which are a matter of fact, not opinion.

If you prefer FWD that's fine, you are allowed to buy one and drive one. But then to say people with RWD can't tell the difference, because you can't tell the difference, is ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Jamesf1 said:

So does an S class and Tata Nano, hardly equalises the quality of the interior though

As long as Tata Nano Is owned by Noby.. I am sure nobody can match it... not even pesky little S-Class with it killer RWD.. 

This all started around this post - since then you've been off on a logical flip flop tour of the universe trying to wriggle out of the fact you were wrong, are wrong and will always be wrong, until you alter your view when presented with new evidence. 

Preference is nothing to do with physical differences which are a matter of fact, not opinion.

If you prefer FWD that's fine, you are allowed to buy one and drive one. But then to say people with RWD can't tell the difference, because you can't tell the difference, is ridiculous.

you are very mistaken i can tell the difference fact I am trying to point out is when most slate FWD when in reality RWD does not really hold that much of an advantage in this modern day in smaller to medium sized cars with less than say 300-350bhp for day to day driving and occasional spirited driving. technology has closed this gap if we are talking about F1 racing where a race can be lost or won by miliseconds or cars with ridiculous amount of torque and power, then yes one can use all the advantages a RWD, AWD car brings to the board. but for day to day non competition driving? lets get real here...the benefits are not as huge as being painted here 

18 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Apparently they're ending the GS in the UK!

I did not know that. Probably because it's rear wheel drive. Bloody death traps they are.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Apparently they're ending the GS in the UK!

Are you sure about that? If you read the press release, it doesn't actually say that anywhere!

26 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Actually, quite interesting - so they potentially going to keep GS alive in some markets and only the Europe going to be fed with inferiour class model.

Now now, let's wait and see!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links