nordiclad

SatNav 2018 NX are there problems ?

Recommended Posts

Yes downloaded the DCU zip file OK.  But tried twice to download the MEU zip.  Just downloads as .kwi file not zipped.  Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Ah yes I remember that happening to me. Just copy the kwi file to a USB and update. 

Unzipping the DCI file should give a kwi too. 

The car needs the unzipped files. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK.  Installed DCU & MCU and updated. 

Audio was 1003 now 1401

Navigation was 1461 now 1511

I'll update the Nav dbase tomorrow. 

 

Tks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nav dbase now the latest - worth noting any stored destinations/routes were lost, I should have downloaded them first then reloaded.  Not a problem to recreate.

Thanks again pobrown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2018 at 6:42 PM, Centre100 said:

OK.  Installed DCU & MCU and updated. 

Audio was 1003 now 1401

Navigation was 1461 now 1511

I'll update the Nav dbase tomorrow. 

 

Tks again. 

Picked mine up today and it’s 1401, 1511 and 943.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Centre100 said:

OK.  Installed DCU & MCU and updated. 

Audio was 1003 now 1401

Navigation was 1461 now 1511

Apologies if this has been asked before but how do you update the Audio and Navigation software/firmware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go back a page and look at my post from Aug 10th.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it, thanks. Just to be sure, I have to pay for this update? Seems strange as I have a brand new 2018 F-Sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you're not paying for the update.  You are paying to access the Lexus-Tech website to download the files.  It will cost about £3 for an hours access.  

If you feel that you should have the updated firmware already on a new car, go back to the dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just seems strange they'd let me download the new 2018 map update for free but not a firmware/software update...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rexleonis said:

It just seems strange they'd let me download the new 2018 map update for free but not a firmware/software update...

Who lets you download a map update? I didn't think Lexus provide any free updates, unlike Toyota who give you three years. Map updates contain firmware, so if you can get a map update then you will be updated. Firmware updates however come out more frequently if there are bugs that need to be fixed, so rather than wait for a new map you can get a firmware update.

You don't have to pay, your vehicle is under warranty. Tell them you have issues with your nav and they will apply the latest firmware FOC. Once it is out of warranty the dealer will charge you labour for them to update it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new larger screen Premium Nav (17CY) comes with 3 years of map care according to the  Lexus-Tech website. I successfully updated mine without charge. 

290FC04E-1E8F-4618-93BA-41B0A9936053.thumb.jpeg.9dea9df199fb4dab8ba476e1765492ea.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Phil said, I have the new larger screen and couple of weeks ago I updated the map for free from Lexus website to 2018v1.

However firmware versions for Audio and Navigation didn't change so I needed to update them separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does your automatic zoom function work?

I have the zoom set to 50 m when driving. But I'd like to have it zoom as close as possible automatically at junctions so I don't take a wrong turn.

However if I set the automatic zoom function to "near" in the settings, the bloody thing zooms OUT at junctions. How does zooming out to see half the country help me cross a junction? 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rexleonis said:

How does your automatic zoom function work?

I have the zoom set to 50 m when driving. But I'd like to have it zoom as close as possible automatically at junctions so I don't take a wrong turn.

However if I set the automatic zoom function to "near" in the settings, the bloody thing zooms OUT at junctions. How does zooming out to see half the country help me cross a junction? 😂 

Mine's the same, drives me mad as it zooms out to show most of the town I live in and covered in illegible white scrawl which are the street names overlapping each other.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Habu said:

Mine's the same, drives me mad as it zooms out to show most of the town I live in and covered in illegible white scrawl which are the street names overlapping each other.  

So has anybody contacted Lexus for an explanation??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. Can't get the zoom function to work when approaching junctions.

Also hate the font/legability of the text on screen. My dealer says that they can't alter the font settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like an update to the maps database has been released on the tech site. I’ll try it out later this week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Navigation software to version 1512 is also available on the tech site (subscription required - cost me £3.19 for an hours access). This apparently fixes the crash that some have experienced at startup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pobrown said:

Updated Navigation software to version 1512 is also available on the tech site (subscription required - cost me £3.19 for an hours access). This apparently fixes the crash that some have experienced at startup. 

does it add any new features or is it literally just to fix bugs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pobrown said:

Updated Navigation software to version 1512 is also available on the tech site (subscription required - cost me £3.19 for an hours access). This apparently fixes the crash that some have experienced at startup. 

Downloaded the latest Map update but can't locate Update Navigation software to version 1512, please point me to the locateion in the Lexus-Tech.eu site.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbi507 said:

does it add any new features or is it literally just to fix bugs?

Just bug fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Centre100 said:

Downloaded the latest Map update but can't locate Update Navigation software to version 1512, please point me to the locateion in the Lexus-Tech.eu site.

Thanks

Exactly the same method as last time you did it.  As earlier in the thread:

Links to download are contained in Technical Services Bulletin BE-00006L-TME.  Log into the tech website, click on Repair, then Technical Services Bulletin.  Enter your VIN (or search by model).  The bulletin you require is currently on the 2nd page.  It says it was last updated on 18/10/2017 but that date is incorrect.  Once downloaded the latest revision is dated 14/09/2018.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.