Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote key window operation IS300h

Hi, I've just picked up a 2014 IS300h. Lovey car! But I'm wondering about how I can set-up remote key activation of the electric widows. Apparently a long press on the lock button should close the windows but when I try it does not. Wondering if this is a fault or if it requires some other setting to be changed in car?

Many thanks for your advice in advance. 

Oh. I didn' realise that it had what Ford call global opening. When I had Fords and one day found all my car windows open I soon got that function disabled. 

If the dealer tries to charge you, look up the word TechStream on the forums.

By default this feature you seek is disabled, but with this software you can enable it yourself. The cable that connects the software to the car costs about £10. Far less than what the dealer may charge (perhaps £40-£100)

I turned it on myself last summer. Easy to do. Turned it off in winter as it's a potential problem or risk if you open the windows unintentionally.

47 minutes ago, matt8 said:

It's quite expensive to use though:

https://www.lexus-tech.eu/GTS/Wizard/Step6.aspx

and the cheap adapters can be problematic - typically they are ok for reading fault codes or customisations but are too slow and unreliable for collecting fast real-time data needed for diagnostics.

• Haha 1

can confirm carista can be used to change this setting.

i have enabled this on a ct i had years ago and without knowing put all my windows down

lucky for me the weather was nice ,i suppose all windows up isnt a bad thing to have enabled,

you can have the same function from using the key element in the door lock, again only if its enabled.

Thanks guys, lots of useful tips there. I used the universal window closure quite a lot on my old Golf and missed it when I got rid. But by the sounds of it the Lexus setup is a bit different if it means the windows can remain open by accident. Maybe the key in the lock route is the best option. Anyway, thanks for all the tips!

• 2 years later...

can i get some help on this topic. im in the UK. car is a is200 turbo 2015 f sport. Lexus call this global opening. now my car dose not do it. and when i asked my main dealer. they told me that euro spec cars have not had this feature for many years. but im positive that my dads 2016 rx450 f sport had this equipped. so are my dealership just playing dumb. or do they genuinely not know about this. i really want this feature on my car. its so annoying having to power it back on just to close a window. 

39 minutes ago, aLEXIS200 said:

can i get some help on this topic. im in the UK. car is a is200 turbo 2015 f sport. Lexus call this global opening. now my car dose not do it. and when i asked my main dealer. they told me that euro spec cars have not had this feature for many years. but im positive that my dads 2016 rx450 f sport had this equipped. so are my dealership just playing dumb. or do they genuinely not know about this. i really want this feature on my car. its so annoying having to power it back on just to close a window. 

They're talking nonsense. Read notes above and do it yourself for much less. It takes moments to do.

9 hours ago, matt8 said:

They're talking nonsense. Read notes above and do it yourself for much less. It takes moments to do.

Cheers for the response.  Yeah I have read the above comments. I just wasn't sure if this was uk posts or overseas. Lexus told me that American lexus have the feature but European and UK cars don't. 

9 hours ago, 200h said:

HI Alex

take a look at the attached screenshot from carista and here is a link for carista

https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/lexus/is/3rd-gen

IS carista windows.jpg

Thanks mate. So this will let me unlock the settings on my UK spec is200t so I can put the windows up and down yes. 

13 hours ago, aLEXIS200 said:

its so annoying having to power it back on just to close a window. 

The power to the windows stays on for about 30 seconds after the car is turned off. So if you've forgotten to close the windows before turning off the car, you've still got around 30 seconds to do it without turning the car back on.

6 hours ago, Thackeray said:

The power to the windows stays on for about 30 seconds after the car is turned off. So if you've forgotten to close the windows before turning off the car, you've still got around 30 seconds to do it without turning the car back on.

Thats only if you don't open the door. If u open the door within those 30 seconds it cancels the ability to close the window. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links