Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX gen3 washer nozzle replacement

If you buy good quality premixed windscreen wash the blocking of jets should be minimized.   If mixing your own, try to avoid hard water because calcification can lead to block jets.  I would suggest if this happens to remove the jets and flush through with fairly hot (rather than scalding water) with a touch of liquid detergent.  One of those dental water picks that squirts a pulsed jet through the jet could be tried.

As a preventative measure I use milton sterilising tablets in my reservoir every few months to stop crud build up. Very cheap and seems logical. Sorry it doesn't help with your current problem. I once used a tyre pump to blow through the line, easy to find a part you can acess. Horrified to see the dirt that is blown through. If you can't see a join, it's eay to cut and fit a coupler to allow easy acess every year to blow the sysatem clear. HTH Ed

I don't know about the Rx Gen 3 but i had the same problem on my Rx400h. Jets are east to remove----just put a folded business card under the front and back of the jet. Press in towards the centre of the jet to disengage the two plastic clips (front and back) that hold the washer jet onto the bonnet. Lift upwards and pull slightly out. Remove the washer jet hose but put a small piece of tape around it to prevent it falling back into the bonnet.

I bought a pair of new jets off of eBay for around £6.00 Make sure that you get the "right angled" ones. Refit hose and push back into bonnet. The new ones had adjustable jets so that you could get the correct spray pattern onto the windscreen.

On 12/1/2019 at 11:59 AM, Lydiamight said:

Oo-err - - they look like a couple of Darth Vader pupae!