Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

4 hours ago, johnatg said:

Is your car a mk3 or mk4? Sami's battery dimensions work for the Mk3 but I believe don't for the Mk4.

I'll say it again - I don't believe a Panasonic battery (which cost you what? Not far off £300) would only last 3 years - mine is Panasonic and is coming up to 10 years old.

Don't forget the heat sensor and the gas vent tubes.

grrrrr so if none of Halford’s fit I will have to buy Lexus one.  

I also noticed maybe conjecture at a guess if I drive the car daily (I.e everyday)  it seems to start fine but twice I let it sit for two days without using it came back and was struggling to start up and took 5 minutes of turning on and off before with 1-2 breaks between before would start. 

Just for the benefit of others that have not seen my recent posts this exactly what my cars doing re YouTube video and the YouTube guy said a Battery replacement fixed the issue. My current cars 450A capacity Battery currently giving me 350A capacity with car off (and no electric load on it?)

I hear you I’m trying to take the easiest route without paying for diagnosis and having my car off the road when I need it for work on Monday to Friday.

That YouTube video, complete with clicking relays, looks like classic symptoms of a low Battery voltage. If you have a multimeter, check the voltage at the Battery both with the car off and when you're trying to start it. Anything much below 12V and you'll have issues.

If you've managed to get it fully charged from an external source (mains charger like a CTEK etc) and you're still having difficulty, and the Battery voltage won't stay above 12V for more than a couple of days, you've either got a parasitic drain on the Battery, or the Battery is kaput.

If it's the Battery, Tayna now do one which looks an exact replacement for the MK4 GS450h 

On 5/5/2024 at 2:57 PM, HensTeeth said:

That YouTube video, complete with clicking relays, looks like classic symptoms of a low battery voltage. If you have a multimeter, check the voltage at the battery both with the car off and when you're trying to start it. Anything much below 12V and you'll have issues.

If you've managed to get it fully charged from an external source (mains charger like a CTEK etc) and you're still having difficulty, and the battery voltage won't stay above 12V for more than a couple of days, you've either got a parasitic drain on the battery, or the battery is kaput.

If it's the battery, Tayna now do one which looks an exact replacement for the MK4 GS450h 

Thanks I’ll order a new Battery this week and pray the issue disappears and goes away as this is the first time happening since I’ve owned the car and putting in a new (the Lexus Panasonic) in January 2021. FYI I have the mark Lev sound system so majority of the time daily I do tend to play my music almost at full power as well for three years straight I can imagine that would have a negative effect on the Battery over time?

9 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Seems a very short natural life for the battery, just 3 years 🤔

Malc 

Indeed. I blaze my music almost at maximum everyday hence why on my previous German cars I always intentionally bought the 600-700+ Amp battery’s knowing this can cause a drain on the Battery. When I bought the Battery Lexus did say to me it would last three years as well which I didn’t believe them at the time lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, would be grateful for a bit of advice. 

I own the GS450H that was previously owned by "Royoftherovers"

I've recently changed the 12v Battery to a non lexus Battery.  Since then the "check hybrid system " fault is showing.

Just had it serviced at lexus and the fault code was PO517 Battery temperature sensor circuit high.

They told me I need to have a lexus Battery fitted (only £459!!!)

From what I've read from this thread this is not the case.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

David hi and welcome to this forum …….. which Battery did Roy use ?  He’d have investigated it thoroughly and chosen well ……. that might be the way to go !  Assuming he’d replaced it at some stage 

I don’t have any answer for you sorry,  someone will here  …… 

Malc 

Hi

I had this exact issue on my Mk4 2012 GS450h. I bought this and it fitted and worked fine:

GENUINE TOYOTA 12V BATTERY 60AH L2 STARTER BATTRY 28800-YZZZA 2007-2018

I now have another Mk4 , 2017 GS450h with the exact same problem so have bought another one.

It cost me 80 quid, but now they are 124.99.   Fitting it this weekend.

If you buy from their you will need to give them a fake reg as they  won't supply it for our vehicles as they say it won't work. But it does.

The car was not used after I purchased it.  The new Battery that I fitted was the Varta Blue that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

taped or siliconed to the top near the terminal. Its in a recess on the original Panasonic.

13 hours ago, Dav72D said:

Why would this fault show if I can't connect the temp sensor to a non lexus battery? 

I would imagine that the computer is looking for a valid temperature reading from the sensor. It won't know where the sensor actually is, merely that it's electrically present and that the reading the computer is obtaining from it is within the expected range. So if the sensor isn't connected, the computer logs the fault because it doesn't know how warm the Battery is, and so it doesn't know if it's overcharging it or not.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:10 AM, Sami Tilander said:

Forgot to send the final picture (showing the temp sensor + gas extraction tube)... here you go.

Capture4.thumb.PNG.87856e55876233509a03aaeb666d6758.PNG

(and no, there is no need to register new battery to the car as far as I know... I have not seen such option in the TechStream either...)

I Believe your Correct Sami..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links