Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gs Series I - 10" Rears

ColinBarber

That second wheel looks a bit suspect to me ,makes you wonder wether it is buckled or not

I think your right m8... that second had one looks like it has taken a hit on the valve segment i am sure there is a slight flat spot there...

craig

Will they fit the IS ?

They would go on. Not sure if the offset is correct and would probably need different profile tyres.

dont think there would be enough room for them, under the arches

on a 45mm offset they would stick out

if the offset was higher than the prescribed 45mm it would probably foul the sus struts,

It would be worth asking to view them before bidding. The old one does look damaged although it may just be the picture/corrosion that makes it look that way.

I don't have a problem with that at all. Anybody is more than welcome to come round for a chat and a look, or I can do more photos if required.

i think he stands a lot better chance of selling them as a pair

Obviously. I was advised to that effect here. However, if the older wheel is revealed to be totally beyond redemption then I may relist as a single item.

the crap one as well ,buyer beware me thinks

As stated, I've never run that wheel and don't know its true condition. Bid accordingly, but it doesn't deserve a slagging off.

not that we are slagging you off but did you not state this in one of your threads.. And i qoute "I'd take the wheels to a good tyre place to have the balancing checked and get a report on "roundness" (I'm sure there's a technical term for it). I'm currently running on two round and two square wheels and am waiting to fit a set of Team Dynamics ones I got cheap on eBay."

It was in THIS

THREAD 1st page 5th one down...

I hope you do get what you want for them but as you seemed(please correct me if i am wrong) that you knew it was not round the you should have at lesat advertised that one had a buckle even if it is a slight one....

jac

My opinion was based on the look of the second wheel and the fact that the 10" rears have a tendency to buckle if they take a knock ,The reason why we post on this site is for imformation and advice and so i gave it .the wording crap refferd to the look of the wheel compared to the good one and was not intended to slag it of . If you use this site why did you not offer them on here first as there are a few people looking for them

Sorry Jac, why is it so hard to believe that I'm telling the truth???

I did say "I'm currently running on two round and two square wheels and am waiting to fit a set of Team Dynamics ones I got cheap on eBay." I still have them on the car - they are all 18x8 wheels. You're welcome to come round and check.

I said that I had never had the older 10" wheel on the car. I never have. Are you suggesting that I've been running around with ONE 10" on it?

For the record I have the following wheels:

2x 8x18 Lexus Square - On car

2x 8x18 Lexus Round - On car

2x 10x18 Lexus - on eBay

4x 8x18 Team Dynamics - waiting to fit

I also have an eBay profile of 790 with 100% positive feedback. I am NOT tryting to con anyone here and resent any accusation to that effect.

I'd hate anybody to be disappointed and will do what I can to make sure that doesn't happen. Let's stick together here.

Mudz, no problem. Wasn't sure of the protocol here but am an eBay pro.

thank you for clearing that up.. I am glad that you did correct me and i appologise for what i have stated.. and as for sticking together.. yes you are right.. that is why i posted the thread i did..we do look after each other on here and we would not like another member walking into something not fully explained and as you have explained yourself so well i am sure that others will now be able to make up there mind better on if they should bid or not..

good luck on your auction

jac

If you use this site why did you not offer them on here first as there are a few people looking for them

Just a reminder....

You need to be a Lexus Owners Club Gold Member to be able to sell items here.

Details on Gold Membership can be found here :)

Jac,

Thanks for the note - I can see where you were coming from but obviously needed to clear things up - was getting a bit "complex" :)

Mudz,

Reason for not putting these on was that I came across the Team Dynamics set which I quite liked. I'd also seen some scare stories on tyre wear here since joining and am running the car on a budget for a while.

Been getting lots of questions tonight including a nice comment from the current high bidder. One person has suggested I take the tyre off to see if the rim is buclked and take some photos of it. Is this a good idea?

Well they fetched £315 in the end.

I chickened out at £280 which I thought was a fair price for the good one of the two wheels.

I am determined to get a pair though!!

What did suprise me was that a set of four MK2 sport alloys went for £165.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links