Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

11 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

I find it a shame that we are almost forced into changing some parts early, while other things that should get changed more often are set for unrealistically long schedules (like transmission fluid, coolant, even engine oil).

You're right it doesn't make sense. It sounds like it will be futile spending too much time pursuing  it. I expect I'll keep the car until its a day or two short of 11 years old (till no longer eligible for Relax) in which case it wouldn't make a difference as it would require one plug change during that time either way.

As regards transmission oil change, I believe they're meant to never need changing, but some say they've done it and the oil was filthy and that you'll have issues if you don't.

1 hour ago, Pielight said:

You're right it doesn't make sense. It sounds like it will be futile spending too much time pursuing  it. I expect I'll keep the car until its a day or two short of 11 years old (till no longer eligible for Relax) in which case it wouldn't make a difference as it would require one plug change during that time either way.

As regards transmission oil change, I believe they're meant to never need changing, but some say they've done it and the oil was filthy and that you'll have issues if you don't.

I'm a bit of a fanboy of the Car Care Nut who has a lot of information about about various fluid change intervals. Trans fluid is every 6 years or 60k, he goes into quite a bit of detail as to why you shouldn't flush or change it too often either, as you want to leave a bit of clutch material in the oil. 4:10 but the whole video is a good watch, he also mentions spark plugs towards the end:

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:35 AM, Rob RCF said:

I'm a bit of a fanboy of the Car Care Nut who has a lot of information about about various fluid change intervals. Trans fluid is every 6 years or 60k, he goes into quite a bit of detail as to why you shouldn't flush or change it too often either, as you want to leave a bit of clutch material in the oil. 4:10 but the whole video is a good watch, he also mentions spark plugs towards the end:

I watch him a lot too...he's truly an 'expert' in every sense of the word when it comes to Toyota/Lexus. I've not seen this one though....its really informative...thanks for sharing.👍🏼

• Like 1

Just got my GSF back from its 6 year service, at bang on 50k miles. Plugs changed and some other niggles sorted, including the TPMS that Kwik fit messed (being polite here) up.

Cracking customer service from Lexus Newcastle as ever. Picked up, dropped off good communication, and they did exactly what they were asked to do.

Ready for another year, with a warranty, and no stress.

will be a cracking car for the next owner!!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, Papa Munchy said:

Wondering if anyone has used Lexus Sidcup or Tunbridge Wells for servicing?

Tried Maidstone last year and wasn't very impressed - they dismissed my brake squealing issue.

Thanks in advance 

I've used Sidcup and very happy with their servicing department. 

Re the brake squeal. This is a 'feature' on the GSF and something you'll have to live with unless you change to other pads yourself. In the USA, I believe they will change the pads to the quieter ones under warranty but not so in the UK. I think the LC500 pads will be changed in the UK if you're unhappy with the identical squeal.

37 minutes ago, Neo_gsf said:

I've used Sidcup and very happy with their servicing department. 

Re the brake squeal. This is a 'feature' on the GSF and something you'll have to live with unless you change to other pads yourself. In the USA, I believe they will change the pads to the quieter ones under warranty but not so in the UK. I think the LC500 pads will be changed in the UK if you're unhappy with the identical squeal.

I have mentioned the squeal before but not a lot on here responded so assumed it was far and few between. I will look more into what pads to use when i come to change - probably next year. 

29 minutes ago, Papa Munchy said:

I have mentioned the squeal before but not a lot on here responded so assumed it was far and few between. I will look more into what pads to use when i come to change - probably next year. 

When I first bought my car almost 3 years with under 20k miles, there was some squealing at low speed, but that stopped and has not returned in thec15k miles I've done since then. One of the reasons I'm reluctant to change the pads despite being told at the last two services they were getting low.

1 hour ago, Papa Munchy said:

Must have missed it, quite a few of us discussed it but it was a little while back. All who swapped the pads out, resolved the squeal, the OEMs are also infamous for the amount of brake dust given off. There are plenty of pad options available, all down to budget and preference. As mentioned above, won't get anywhere with Lexus directly.

5 hours ago, Papa Munchy said:

Wondering if anyone has used Lexus Sidcup or Tunbridge Wells for servicing?

Tried Maidstone last year and wasn't very impressed - they dismissed my brake squealing issue.

Thanks in advance 

I use both dealerships Sidcup for the hybrid and Maidstone for my F and to fair I've had no issues with either dealership. 

On 12/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Must have missed it, quite a few of us discussed it but it was a little while back. All who swapped the pads out, resolved the squeal, the OEMs are also infamous for the amount of brake dust given off. There are plenty of pad options available, all down to budget and preference. As mentioned above, won't get anywhere with Lexus directly.

EBC red stuff is the one to go for. Here's a link to their site. https://ebcbrakes.com/products/ebc-redstuff-ceramic-brake-pads/

Shop around for better prices.

4 hours ago, bernie_the_bolt said:

EBC red stuff is the one to go for. Here's a link to their site. https://ebcbrakes.com/products/ebc-redstuff-ceramic-brake-pads/

Shop around for better prices.

Thanks Bernie, I was referring to Papa Munchy as maybe having missed it. I have EBC reds in mine front and rear 😄 

• 2 weeks later...

Sone of their previous asking prices were probably unachievable even a while ago. 

Even 40k, is still almost 60% of its retained value which would have been virtually unheard of on a 6 year old car - especially in that price bracket. 

I only paid 35k for my 2017 late almost 3 years ago in Jan 2020 (albeit from an independent) - I  resigned myself to colossal depreciation, but I'd likely not lose anywhere near what I anywhere near what I anticipated if I moved it on at this moment in time. 

My GS F is due a service in Feb. The nearest dealer is only approx 5 miles away in Leicester. Anyone know if they are a decent dealership?

Only asking because I see a lot of talk about dealerships on these forums.

It'll be interesting to see the replies as I'm in Peterborough and not much difference between Leicester and Cambridge distance wise. Always used Cambridge since buying my RX there in 2016 (GSF serviced there for almost 3 years). I visited Leicester when buying RX - somehow felt more comfortable with Cambridge (can't really put my finger on it).

16 hours ago, Pielight said:

It'll be interesting to see the replies as I'm in Peterborough and not much difference between Leicester and Cambridge distance wise. Always used Cambridge since buying my RX there in 2016 (GSF serviced there for almost 3 years). I visited Leicester when buying RX - somehow felt more comfortable with Cambridge (can't really put my finger on it).

Shows how we all have differing experiences, I cannot stand Lexus Cambridge haha, genuinely one of the least pleasant transactions we had purchasing the NX.

11 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Shows how we all have differing experiences, I cannot stand Lexus Cambridge haha, genuinely one of the least pleasant transactions we had purchasing the NX.

Can highly recommend Lexus Birmingham.  Took the GSF for an MOT there the other week - the after sales ladies were stunning!  (Super helpful too of course... arguably more importantly lol)

• Haha 2

I've never had an issue with Lexus Guildford, F serviced there past 5 years, wifes NX past 2. Have done a few things as good will gestures (which I didn't even ask for). Just took out another service plan for next 3 for the F and the NX is mid way through its current one. I have a long standing relationship myself as well as through my dad with the manager (as far back as his first RX!). Only drove to Cambridge as it had the spec and price I was willing to pay for the NX, but the sales guy was beyond useless and if the car wasn't such a good deal, would have walked away!

9 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I've never had an issue with Lexus Guildford, F serviced there past 5 years

Different people, different experiences. I wouldn't take my F there after 3 bad experiences on previous vehicles. But my wife's UX still goes there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links