Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Id like you guys thoughts on WATER PUMPS. I know i don't have to worry about changing a timing belt/chain now. I have no paper work on the car when the last time it was changed current mileage 56k. I am a big preventative maintaince guy. I have a rough idea it needs to be changed every five years or is that wrong? how much would it cost to replace by Lexus or private? if it does go will it damage the engine? is there any signs id know it need changing or could a mechanic tell?  or should I just get it changed in next year or two as I have no idea when it was last changed? 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, Phil xxkr said:

That seems a terrific service plan cost, way lower than I have seen so far, may I ask how much the small deposit was? 

hi its just as i said. the total with Lexus is £1033. I paid a £189 deposit then £40 per month for next three years. For that price i get three services to major and one minor and half price mot's as a bonus add on. so I'm getting a free minor service out of it over the three years essentially so works out cheaper if you were to pay individually.

Also i was told you cannot use the Lexus Gold membership for the service plan but you can use for individual services asked for and discount on parts.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, Riccccccardo said:

Id like you guys thoughts on WATER PUMPS. I know i don't have to worry about changing a timing belt/chain now. I have no paper work on the car when the last time it was changed current mileage 56k. I am a big preventative maintaince guy. I have a rough idea it needs to be changed every five years or is that wrong? how much would it cost to replace by Lexus or private? if it does go will it damage the engine? is there any signs id know it need changing or could a mechanic tell?  or should I just get it changed in next year or two as I have no idea when it was last changed? 

anybody know about water pump?

I need help understanding this (and no i haven't checked the manual im not at home lol). this morning i was parking front ways and slowly pushed the car to the wall the yellow front sensors went off i think when it went to the 2nd yellow bar the car stopped and would not let me go any more forward im guessing this is a safety feature so i don't crash into the wall? lol I've never heard of this or experienced this before in any car if this is normal (this my first car with front parking sensors). 

24 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

hi its just as i said. the total with Lexus is £1033. I paid a £189 deposit then £40 per month for next three years. For that price i get three services to major and one minor and half price mot's as a bonus add on. so I'm getting a free minor service out of it over the three years essentially so works out cheaper if you were to pay individually.

Also i was told you cannot use the Lexus Gold membership for the service plan but you can use for individual services asked for and discount on parts.

That's £1629?

It's quite a mystery this unless it's some combination of Essential service? For clarity I have been offered Gold discounts on service plans but not Essential ones since they argue price is discounted already. 

19 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

It's quite a mystery this unless it's some combination of Essential service? For clarity I have been offered Gold discounts on service plans but not Essential ones since they argue price is discounted already. 

Yes she said it’s already discounted and that’s why I could only use gold discount on individual services. Maybe that where the mystery price difference comes in where it’s been discounted?

On 3/1/2021 at 5:57 AM, Riccccccardo said:

Bad news for me this morning after having 1xlegit Lexus tire sensors fitted and coded recently. 

After receiving the car back I pumped all the tires to the recommendation of 36psi rear and 35psi fronts, everything was fine since getting it back. 

Today 01/03/21 Re pictures attached the tire pressure light has reappeared again on the dashboard. All the tires look fine and not low or punctured. 

I’ll contact the garage and see when I can bring it back in again very frustrating. 

9C229C67-D2EF-4B11-8A42-2048553EB6AB.jpeg

B6C3D758-FA87-48AA-AA12-99F37CC546E1.jpeg

Ok update from the garage they said they only going to change one Tire pressure sensor as one of them seal leaking and letting air out and I’ll see how that goes. Even though I did consider changing all three while I’m here (new one drivers rear fitted recently) but he said better to save money and change only one as others seem good. 

19 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Also I did read somewhere each Lexus service Centre can do their own thing Individually so if you go to another they may have different way of working. 

20 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

Also I did read somewhere each Lexus service Centre can do their own thing Individually so if you go to another they may have different way of working. 

They get slapped from Lexus GB if they do - all dealers are forced to price servicing the same. But yes if you have a quiet word, individual dealers have been known to do you a special deal.

29 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

On 3/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, wharfhouse said:

The Service Plan is purchased through a franchised dealer but is administered by EMaC - in my docs it states:

Summary of Service Plan Terms:
􀂇 The Service Plan can be transferred to another Service Plan within the same dealer group. There is no additional cost to transfer your plan.
􀂇 The Service Plan can be cancelled at any stage. A refund will be calculated based on payments made, less any services costs and/or management charges.
􀂇 A cancellation charge of up to £25.00 + VAT will be deducted from your refund amount.

I'm not sure what would happen if the dealer goes broke but I pay by monthly direct debit instalments over the service plan estimated life and so in that case I would contact EMaC and potentially stop the DD as the dealer is not in a position to fulfil their part of the contract.

On 3/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Riccccccardo said:

£310 for minor from memory.

Well Richard, based on your model Essential service, 2 x major and 1x minor would be £1155.? And you paid 189 on top? 

According to https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care :

Major £455
Minor £245
MoT    £49

So 2 x £455, 1 x £245, 3 x £49 comes to £1302.

The rest (£327) I guess is interest on what is essentially a loan.

Or is the plan for full price services - or is a spark plug change included?

7 hours ago, johnatg said:

According to https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care :

Major £455
Minor £245
MoT    £49

So 2 x £455, 1 x £245, 3 x £49 comes to £1302.

The rest (£327) I guess is interest on what is essentially a loan.

Or is the plan for full price services - or is a spark plug change included?

No idea re spark plugs I hope so lol

Johnatg, Interesting schedule, Total paid in until S1 - £440 ie the actual service cost is being paid for in advance. At S2 - £245 the payment pot will have £480 in it. Therefore £235 going forward, add 3 more payments of £40 therefore 355 in the pot for S3. So it sounds like Lexus Reading have knocked off £100 but won't be liable for it for 3 years. Clever accounting model which I believe is centrally implemented. Haven't accounted for Mot's not clear if included also spark plugs will not be included until 120k as its a major major labour element 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, Riccccccardo said:

anybody know about water pump?

I had my car in for some recall work at 100k miles. The dealer told me the coolant was low "they did not top it up", and that the water pump was leaking requiring immediate replacement. I topped up the coolant and kept a close watch on the coolant level.
At 145k miles at the outbreak of covid I took the car off the road, and did all the service work, and checks I could think of. The coolant was still at the same level as when I topped it up at 100k, but changed the pump to be on the safe side. The pump bearing had slight play when checked, but the pump was not leaking fluid. This was the original pump.

John.   

54 minutes ago, Britprius said:

I had my car in for some recall work at 100k miles. The dealer told me the coolant was low "they did not top it up", and that the water pump was leaking requiring immediate replacement. I topped up the coolant and kept a close watch on the coolant level.
At 145k miles at the outbreak of covid I took the car off the road, and did all the service work, and checks I could think of. The coolant was still at the same level as when I topped it up at 100k, but changed the pump to be on the safe side. The pump bearing had slight play when checked, but the pump was not leaking fluid. This was the original pump.

John.   

That`s Accountants running the Service Centre again John ?

An old wise and experienced hand takes a lot of beating !

On 3/13/2021 at 6:06 PM, Britprius said:

John.   

Thanks for info 🙌🏾

I messed around with the paddles today I understand them a lot more now because it’s a 6 gear cvt I can relate it to my previous cars six manual gears 2-3 gear accelerating the fastest I get it now. 😊 even though Re critic kinda makes me think in manual flappy mode they Should of /could of deleted 4-5-6 and go straight to D mode after 3 makes more sense to my brains intuition. As once desired spirited speed reached in 3 D auto mode would be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Random question hypothetical?

My car has electric folding side mirrors if when I was driving another car driving the opposite way on a tight road and they clip my side mirror forcing my side mirror to move on impact would this destroy the side mirror or has Lexus prepared for this and it will push in fine so I can use my hand to pull it back to the correct position or will the motor etc be destroyed? any ideas?  

I doubt it would destroy the motor. Electric motors when pushed generally just turn into generators. Sure if you push them hard enough they can generate enough current to basically melt themselves but I think other stuff would break before that happened.

More likely if the impact is hard enough it would destroy the linkages to the motor... and probably the mirror casing and mirror itself is in little bits on the floor at this point anyway 😉

Couple of years ago i was driving down road  a car was parked on other side of road  a bmw was coming in opposite directiion to me i had no where to go but kept straight line.

His wing mirror hit mine i uttered a few expletives i looked in mirror saw his mirror swinging about on its wire .

Mine was  closed i thought " thats gone i will wager" then it suddeny opened up to its origional position no damage whatsover i thought at the time how cool is that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 7:00 AM, Steven Lockey said:

I doubt it would destroy the motor. Electric motors when pushed generally just turn into generators. Sure if you push them hard enough they can generate enough current to basically melt themselves but I think other stuff would break before that happened.

More likely if the impact is hard enough it would destroy the linkages to the motor... and probably the mirror casing and mirror itself is in little bits on the floor at this point anyway 😉

scary thought how much is it to replace an electric side mirror?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links