Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20 hours ago, Shahpor said:

The only commonality I can think of is that both F Sport and Premier models have the AVS suspension that the other models are lacking.

Not sure exactly how that correlates, but maybe Lexus think taking corners slightly quickly means quicker overall speeds hence bigger discs required. 

That is an interesting thought but if I understand this link correctly https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/06/1517227553180125GSEquipmentList.pdf the GS 300h F Sport and Premier cars have the AVS suspension, but they have the same size brake discs as the other 300h trim specs.

My curiosity is from the links I've shown above is why the 450h Luxury has a rear brake disc size that no other GS 300h or 450h has.

My old  2010 Gs450 s3 SE L had the auto locking feature too   but my 2014 Gs450 Premier didnt have it i was disapointed at first but it went out of my mind The 2018 premier as it tho

Ok I had a roller coaster day. Garage called me told me they can’t fit the pagid discs on because my car a *special car* the brakes the we’re gonna order (£700) where for non f sport and my ones are bigger discs need f sport discs. So I thought ok let me take a gamble and call Lexus Sidcup for a quote they quoted me all discs and pads £700 all in wow so long story short I’m taking it to Lexus to do brakes next month so a happy ending in the end. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, Chris111 said:

If you go aftermarket you will need to ensure that you get the correct size discs for your F Sport. The reason being according to https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/06/1517227373180125MGSTechnicalSpecifications.pdf the GS 450h Luxury is fitted with slightly smaller brake discs than those fitted to the F Sport and Premier cars (no idea why when they all have the same performance figures!). It states the brake disc sizes for the GS 450h Luxury are (diameter x thickness mm) 334x30mm front and 310x18mm rear. For the F Sport and Premier models the sizes are 356x30mm front and 310x22mm rear (interestingly this rear size is stated for all 300h models). The problem is I have seen many an advert for aftermarket discs stating that they fit the F Sport but are in fact the size as fitted to the Luxury model. I have yet to find aftermarket front discs in the sizes fitted to the F Sport or Premier.

Thanks just seen yr reply 😊

23 hours ago, bigglesfllesundone said:

according to this link to lexus essential servicing, 

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/lexus-essential-care/#hero

front/rear discs and pads should be £620 total at lexus. I hope this link is up to date.

Thanks buddy. 

10 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

The problem is I have seen many an advert for aftermarket discs stating that they fit the F Sport but are in fact the size as fitted to the Luxury model. I have yet to find aftermarket front discs in the sizes fitted to the F Sport or Premier.

Also the premier and F Seport aew two Peice Discs

8 hours ago, KayCee said:

Also the premier and F Seport aew two Peice Discs

Quite right Robert, the disc is bolted to a separate bell mounting.

The reasoning, according to AP Racing is:

"Mounting Bells are usually made from high grade aluminium alloy although other materials can be used.
This arrangement is much lighter than a one piece disc and bell, but more importantly allows some compliance to reduce the risk of distortion due to heat expansion of the disc."

This maybe a silly question but I’ve just bought this jack as missing on the car when bought. Does anyone have a instructions or video tutorial on how to correctly jack up the car? jack points etc….

I recall years ago with my Audi A4  I used the cars boot jack as I was lifting the car up I heard a horrible crunching/cracking noise and in fact I’d crushed the under body structure a bit so I want to avoid that this time with the Lexus. 

4A6B64E3-7E9F-455A-A125-6B678EEB890C.jpeg

This maybe a silly question but I’ve just bought this jack as missing on the car when bought. Does anyone have a instructions or video tutorial on how to correctly jack up the car? jack points etc….

I recall years ago with my Audi A4  I used the cars boot jack as I was lifting the car up I heard a horrible crunching/cracking noise and in fact I’d crushed the under body structure a bit so I want to avoid that this time with the Lexus. 

3D53BFD6-43CF-484B-9EB6-8CB39CB07784.jpeg

28AAB64A-E4BA-4E54-8A38-3F810731747C.jpeg

C86F07A1-5E02-4968-9205-47C1B9B7FBC4.jpeg

40933D10-D767-46E8-B596-188556927381.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

ohh, so close Chris, and I apologise in advanced but I feel I must:

You're welcome John.

Sorry again 🙂

Don`t think I didn`t spot it Matey, but being the Gentleman I am.........................🤣🤣

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I fail to understand those who do not refer a free source of such important and occasionally vital information Chris.

Still they can profit from our industry, perhaps.

Agreed. I always check the owners manual first before seeking info elsewhere.

14 hours ago, Shahpor said:

ohh, so close Chris, and I apologise in advanced but I feel I must:

You're welcome John.

Sorry again 🙂

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Don`t think I didn`t spot it Matey, but being the Gentleman I am.........................🤣🤣

I my defence gents I had had a couple of large whiskies before I wrote it! 😀

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, royoftherovers said:

If you have a Handbook, you must look in it for specific instructions as there should be some specific points on the vehicle to accommodate that particular type of jack.

Thanks. 

Ok today at Lexus Re service and mot. 

Conflicting news so Lexus say Re (a 3rd party mecanic telling me I must change all the discs) discs I have 8mil on read and 4mill on fronts shes said the rears have 70% left so don’t need changing front or back but the bad news is spark plugs are not part of my service plan so they will give me a quote and I pay seperatly and also 12volt Battery I requested to change current Battery was going to fail mot not enough power output so good thing I changing anyway today. 

6 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

Ok today at Lexus Re service and mot. 

Conflicting news so Lexus say Re (a 3rd party mecanic telling me I must change all the discs) discs I have 8mil on read and 4mill on fronts shes said the rears have 70% left so don’t need changing front or back but the bad news is spark plugs are not part of my service plan so they will give me a quote and I pay seperatly and also 12volt battery I requested to change current battery was going to fail mot not enough power output so good thing I changing anyway today. 

Good news about the brakes but why does it need spark plugs. Have you asked them to change the plugs because your car has hit 60,000 miles? According to my service book the spark plugs should be changed every 60,000 miles or 6 years, i.e whichever is the soonest. Has your car got a full Lexus service history? If it has this should have been done with the 2018 service and the dealer should be able to confirm this. My car has a full LDSH and when I log in to https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/my-lexus-portal/ it shows my car had the 'major' 60,000 / 6 year service done on 29/11/18 even though it just had a little over 32,000 on the clock. That major 60,000 service was done by a Lexus dealer and I know that the plugs were changed as part of that service.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links