Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise control RX450

2 hours ago, flookyk said:

I think Colin Barber answered this earlier in this post.

You have to switch off the adaptive radar controlled cruise control and set it as normal cruise.

I mean a “permanent” solution via a techstream setting that allows the use of Radar Controlled Cruise but with the non-European +/- 1 mph increments.

10 minutes ago, wally12 said:

I mean a “permanent” solution via a techstream setting that allows the use of Radar Controlled Cruise but with the non-European +/- 1 mph increments.

Despite having been provided with an answer more than once, you keep asking the same question. we are clearly a bunch of dunces to thick to provide the required answer. Perhaps you should use tech stream yourself to find out the answer and educate the rest of us.

Looking forward to the answer.

16 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Despite having been provided with an answer more than once, you keep asking the same question. we are clearly a bunch of dunces to thick to provide the required answer. Perhaps you should use tech stream yourself to find out the answer and educate the rest of us.

Looking forward to the answer.

Really? Show me where someone has answered the question about the +/- 5 mph increments for the radar controlled cruise control. 
PS: I have used techstream myself but there are a lot of variables that might determine the answer to my question (such as version of TS, region setting for TS, model codes, options, and so on). You really are a forum stereotype.

1 minute ago, wally12 said:

Really? Show me where someone has answered the question about the +/- 5 mph increments for the radar controlled cruise control. 
PS: I have used techstream myself but there are a lot of variables that might determine the answer to my question (such as version of TS, region setting for TS, model codes, options, and so on). You really are a forum stereotype.

Well thank you kind sir.

As we now know you have Tech Stream, perhaps you could as suggested find out the answer for us mere mortals and stereotypes.

Just now, Moleman said:

Well thank you kind sir.

As we now know you have Tech Stream, perhaps you could as suggested find out the answer for us mere mortals and stereotypes.

‘Tis my pleasure. And perhaps you could refrain from butting in when you don’t know the answer.

1 minute ago, wally12 said:

‘Tis my pleasure. And perhaps you could refrain from butting in when you don’t know the answer.

You are going to have fun on this forum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, wally12 said:

PS: I have used techstream myself but there are a lot of variables that might determine the answer to my question (such as version of TS, region setting for TS, model codes, options, and so on).

All selectable by yourself, so just plug in your own details and off you go. We'll just wait here while you find the answer.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Herbie said:

All selectable by yourself, so just plug in your own details and off you go. We'll just wait here while you find the answer.

The thing about a lot of variables is that they lead to a lot of permutations, and the thing about Techstream is that it’s slow and cumbersome, particularly with a laptop balanced on your lap…so do one.

39 minutes ago, wally12 said:

The thing about a lot of variables is that they lead to a lot of permutations, and the thing about Techstream is that it’s slow and cumbersome, particularly with a laptop balanced on your lap…so do one.

Oh Wally, Wally, Wally...the thing is, quite a lot of us on here manage to use Techstream without any problems at all.

It's not rocket science mate. I presume that you know that you live in Europe so you should choose that as the region. Your profile says that you have an RX450h, so if you go to the back of the car and the badge confirms it, enter that into Techstream as the model and so on. Eventually you'll be able to interrogate the Radar Cruise Control and tell us what you find and if you can alter the speed increments.

As I said, we'll just wait here for you :thumbsup:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wally12 said:

Stereotypical Forum (missing word) - do you know how to use a dictionary?

Some clues:

an offensive word for a person who often says things that are not true, especially in order to seem better or more important than they really are.

Someone who lies or exaggerates a lot, especially in order to get noticed.

one who frequently gives misleading information, provides excuses when necessary, gives bogus facts to support alibi for bailing or standing up plans, .

a person who exaggerates or lies.

8 hours ago, Herbie said:

Oh Wally, Wally, Wally...the thing is, quite a lot of us on here manage to use Techstream without any problems at all.

It's not rocket science mate. I presume that you know that you live in Europe so you should choose that as the region. Your profile says that you have an RX450h, so if you go to the back of the car and the badge confirms it, enter that into Techstream as the model and so on. Eventually you'll be able to interrogate the Radar Cruise Control and tell us what you find and if you can alter the speed increments.

As I said, we'll just wait here for you :thumbsup:

Oh Herbie, Herbie, Herbie…the thing is you clearly don’t know what a Techstream model code is do you. And, your point about setting the region to where you live suggests you don’t know a lot about how to get-around defaults and maybe change settings that aren’t designed for Europe etc.

Why bother commenting when you have nothing useful to contribute?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wally12 said:

Why bother commenting when you have nothing useful to contribute?

Please do continue to comment Herbie as you give us some really helpful information. 

I don't know what's the matter with this Wally but there hasn't been this kind of thing since Lager Shandy was a member of the club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve never had a problem with the 5mph increments, I just learnt how to drive the car knowing the setting was different.

Maybe time to close this thread before it descends in to personal insults

On 6/21/2022 at 10:36 PM, wally12 said:

As you are breaching the rules of these forums I'll put an end to this thread.

As an FYI, Techstream isn't slow if you set it up correctly and have correct hardware. I presume you have a pirated copy and/or a cheap and slow OBDII adapter.

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links