Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts


M3, M4 and M6's are at very interesting prices. M4 competition is a lovely thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 7:32 PM, Flytvr said:

Interesting video -

 

Tbh I have found myself looking at the C63 and e63 BUT in estate versions, reliability scares he as if it were to replace my F it’ll also replace my C70 convertible and my daily insignia estate, having two dogs really complicates things 😂.....can’t put them in my F ( I just can’t) and struggle to justify 3 cars and a motorbike 🙄....... for now I’m struggling on with the three I have as I know I’ll regret passing the F on 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t exploit an M3 Comp. on our roads properly, you need a track for that. For normal, daily driving I didn’t warm to it at all. Peaky, twitchy and if it rained or god forbid there was snow/ice, it was frightening.

The Merc is a one trick pony, fantastic engine and torque. Ride and interior quality wasn’t quite up to the same standard for me. I actually preferred the previous generation model.

I’m currently running as RS6 Performance, something i wanted for a while. I’m currently looking at moving to an RCF. The RS is extremely fast (600hp), but it is large (wide), heavy and rather too insulated. After a while you find yourself doing silly speeds to find the fun factor. Great if you need the space it provides, but I’m now looking to slim down a bit.

I still hold favourable memories of my old ISF, I’m hoping the RCF will fill that void.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 9:55 PM, Womble72 said:

Tbh I have found myself looking at the C63 and e63 BUT in estate versions, reliability scares he as if it were to replace my F it’ll also replace my C70 convertible and my daily insignia estate, having two dogs really complicates things 😂.....can’t put them in my F ( I just can’t) and struggle to justify 3 cars and a motorbike 🙄....... for now I’m struggling on with the three I have as I know I’ll regret passing the F on 😬

You can't bin the C70!!! Sacrilege!!! 🙂 

The 63 Bi-Turbo is pretty bullet proof (and in it's normal detuned form (470 bhp) well under-stressed). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, PhoeNicks said:

You can’t exploit an M3 Comp. on our roads properly, you need a track for that. For normal, daily driving I didn’t warm to it at all. Peaky, twitchy and if it rained or god forbid there was snow/ice, it was frightening.

The Merc is a one trick pony, fantastic engine and torque. Ride and interior quality wasn’t quite up to the same standard for me. I actually preferred the previous generation model.

I’m currently running as RS6 Performance, something i wanted for a while. I’m currently looking at moving to an RCF. The RS is extremely fast (600hp), but it is large (wide), heavy and rather too insulated. After a while you find yourself doing silly speeds to find the fun factor. Great if you need the space it provides, but I’m now looking to slim down a bit.

I still hold favourable memories of my old ISF, I’m hoping the RCF will fill that void.

Yep, I agree with all that. M4 too fast for the road, C63 (as the video says) a muscle car, but does provide entertainment without doing silly speeds. RS6 - I can only imagine it being a license killer.

I moved from the RC-F as I found myself having to spank it in order to get any fun out it. A very much under-rated car.

Regarding the video, I actually don't agree with many of the points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I moved from the RC-F as I found myself having to spank it in order to get any fun out it. A very much under-rated car.

Funnily enough I felt this way about my ISF and moved to a Cayman. More fun at sensible speeds, but I eventually needed rear seats and more practicality. Perhaps an RCF would be a good compromise...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhoeNicks said:

Funnily enough I felt this way about my ISF and moved to a Cayman. More fun at sensible speeds, but I eventually needed rear seats and more practicality. Perhaps an RCF would be a good compromise...

I hope the RC-F works out for you. Performance wise, there's so little in it between the IS-F and the RC-F. I had to spank both to get fun 😊  

I found that both the IS-F and RC-F are too high geared. 3rd red lined in the RC-F will see big MPH. I know this from when I took it to the Isle Of Man 😀  Of course, the gearing is an issue with other cars e.g. Porsche and the likes of the R8 V10.

Getting fun at lower speeds is more and more important to me. You have the advantage of living in Scotland! 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I hope the RC-F works out for you. Performance wise, there's so little in it between the IS-F and the RC-F. I had to spank both to get fun 😊  

I found that both the IS-F and RC-F are too high geared. 3rd red lined in the RC-F will see big MPH. I know this from when I took it to the Isle Of Man 😀  Of course, the gearing is an issue with other cars e.g. Porsche and the likes of the R8 V10.

Getting fun at lower speeds is more and more important to me. You have the advantage of living in Scotland! 👍

Thanks, I realise the RCF is still a compromise from a torque perspective, but I’m hoping the reduced size and weight over the RS make up for it.

Haha, that can be a double edged sword - we still have cops and cameras 😜

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Getting fun at lower speeds is more and more important to me" - So try an MX-5!
 

In view of the EU's treatment of the UK, both in the run-up to Brexit and subsequently, European cars are now off the agenda for me.  In fact, I cancelled my order for a 911 for this reason.

Instead, I ordered an MX-5 RF (which I now have) and an RC-F, which is on its way from Japan right now.  So literally, "two for the price of one"!

I expect to be delighted with both cars and won't be going anywhere near a track with either of them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wholeheartedly agree regarding MX5.

I have had 7 and am contemplating another to make my perfect trio with the LC500 and our BMW M135i X Drive.Really miss the steering and gearchange which makes it feel quicker than it is hence the fun to be had without hitting warp speed.

A J.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go for it, AJ!

The ND2 is a great little car, but you already know that!

Those three cars sound like an excellent combination.

Chris.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris,

My last one was an ND in 1.5 guise. Great little car but if I go again it will be the latest 2 litre.

Will have to explore what the dealers have.

Look forward to pics of your new RCF when it arrives.

A J.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the whole MX-5 thing, but I've never really fancied one. Probably my loss, I know.

Seriously considering an A110 as my next car.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't try the 1.5 litre one, AJ, but the 2 litre version is great!

The only thing about it that I would like to be different is the addition of a conventional glove box.  My wife struggles to access the one at the back.

I have the GT Sport Tech, in deep crystal blue, with a very light interior.  It looks great!

Dav, I haven't seen the A110 "in the flesh", but I don't think I could love those weird front lights!  I guess it's an acquired taste?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd be in good company with the Alpine; Gordon Murray has one as his daily driver and he can choose pretty much any car in the world.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can tell you the Alpine A110 is brilliant! I have an A110S ( replaced RCF Carbon). I would describe it as a grown up Elise. My only criticism is that luggage space is marginal for going away. Happy to answer any questions and if anyone is near East Herts happy to let people have a poke around.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oldnslow said:

I can tell you the Alpine A110 is brilliant! I have an A110S ( replaced RCF Carbon). I would describe it as a grown up Elise. My only criticism is that luggage space is marginal for going away. Happy to answer any questions and if anyone is near East Herts happy to let people have a poke around.

Awesome!

Is the A110 fun to drive at any speed? I appreciate it’s a very fast car, I just don’t want another car that needs to be driven like a nutter to get fun from it.

Also, does it go completely under the radar of other road users?

It’s great to speak to someone that has one 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely enjoy it more than the RCF. You don't need to rag it to three figures, it has plenty of torque and the gearbox is very good. Being so small it very easy to place on the road and it is a car for going round corners. If you put it in standard mode it pootles along very nicely but then sport sharpens everything and the exhaust pops and bangs( as did the RCF).

No one knows what it is and I have yet to see another on the road. You have to test drive one! People say the Pure is the better alround car but as mine is just for fun I went for the hardcore and to be honest I don't find the ride bad at all. The bonus is they hold their value. I traded my RCF in November and it is still in the trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership