Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BMW's getting stuck in a ford.

Mincey

Some belters in this one. Why oh why oh why do people keep doing this? Never mind, it gives me something to chuckle at. Perhaps Audi should change their slogan to "Vorsprung durch Technik, aber nicht Wasser"?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Some belters in this one. Why oh why oh why do people keep doing this? Never mind, it gives me something to chuckle at. Perhaps Audi should change their slogan to "Vorsprung durch Technik, aber nicht Wasser"?

The Hyundai Coupe - kudos!

Oh, the irony of the Currys delivery truck…with the words ‘know how’ in big letters on the side! 😆

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mincey said:

More Schiessewagen death here, plus if you're going to attempt to tow a car with a Volvo, add 1 Person Power. Oh and there's now a resident Bagpiper.

The addition of the bagpiper is a stroke of pure genius. The ducks always add a touch of comedy too.

Watching the senseless waste day after day I can only think of this. 

‘Into the ford of death drove the six hundred…’

“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
   Someone had blundered.
   Theirs not to make reply,
   Theirs not to reason why,
   Theirs but to do and die.
   Into the valley of Death
   Rode the six hundred.”
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, peniole said:

Going in backwards, brilliant! Directs the wake away from the engine.

On another note, why do people keep going through, is there no other way around?

Apparently there is, but it's a 10+ miles detour. I may be wrong. 10+ miles or scrapping the car? I guess it's a tough choice. However even with "Road Closed - Flood" signs up, the lemmings still attempt to drive through. Surely the fact that there is a baying crowd waiting and praying for disaster either side of the bridge, and now a bagpiper, must give a clue to the impending peril? 

8 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Apparently there is, but it's a 10+ miles detour. I may be wrong. 10+ miles or scrapping the car? I guess it's a tough choice. However even with "Road Closed - Flood" signs up, the lemmings still attempt to drive through. Surely the fact that there is a baying crowd waiting and praying for disaster either side of the bridge, and now a bagpiper, must give a clue to the impending peril? 

From the Newark Advertiser James.

"A simple five minute trip to Ollerton roundabout and down the A616 is all it takes to save hours stood on the roof of your car and a hefty insurance premium next year."

Now you can concentrate on your full-time job matey.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

Just now, royoftherovers said:

From the Newark Advertiser James.

"A simple five minute trip to Ollerton roundabout and down the A616 is all it takes to save hours stood on the roof of your car and a hefty insurance premium next year."

Now you can concentrate on your full-time job matey.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Five minutes! Just five minutes. Good grief. Why would you even risk it?

• Like 1

Cracked Catalytic Converter deep water 
Driving through deep puddles can cause a cracked catalytic converter. This device operates at high temperatures and is part of the exhaust system. When it comes in contact with cold water, rapid contraction can crack its sides and potentially cause the vehicle to stall. It’s a very expensive component to replace!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

Cracked Catalytic Converter deep water 
Driving through deep puddles can cause a cracked catalytic converter. This device operates at high temperatures and is part of the exhaust system. When it comes in contact with cold water, rapid contraction can crack its sides and potentially cause the vehicle to stall. It’s a very expensive component to replace!

And why should Insurance Companies pay for a replacement ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And why should Insurance Companies pay for a replacement ?

Now thats a good one John. Will they pay at all? Brandnew car all risk ensured so they will surely pay for all damage to the car even if self inflicted. But not in all cases.. Trackdays, driving under the influence to name a few. I dont know the smallprint but will they fork out a couple of grand to replace the engine if you take the decision to drive through the local swimmingpool??

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

… will they fork out a couple of grand to replace the engine if you take the decision to drive through the local swimmingpool??

Probably not, because it was a deliberate decision to drive through a level of water that could cause damage.

If the car was parked and the water level rose unexpectedly and caused damage, then that would be considered a natural act over which the driver had had little influence.  Or, as it used to be called, an Act of God!

33 minutes ago, LenT said:

Probably not, because it was a deliberate decision to drive through a level of water that could cause damage.

If the car was parked and the water level rose unexpectedly and caused damage, then that would be considered a natural act over which the driver had had little influence.  Or, as it used to be called, an Act of God!

Debateable; I was gently driving along approaching the puddle drove into it not expecting it to be that deep! I was completely taken by surprise and am of the opinion the localcouncil is fully responsible as they need to secure the safe state of the roads. This road should have been closed and i hold them responsible for all damage. ( and i did not see half the village and the bagpiper cheering me along but i am not sure if i have to write thet down). 

38 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Debateable; I was gently driving along approaching the puddle drove into it not expecting it to be that deep! I was completely taken by surprise and am of the opinion the localcouncil is fully responsible as they need to secure the safe state of the roads. This road should have been closed and i hold them responsible for all damage. ( and i did not see half the village and the bagpiper cheering me along but i am not sure if i have to write thet down). 

I admit it Officer, I was driving without due care and attention.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Debatable indeed.  I think there’s a danger of conflating two water-based arguments here - a pothole versus a signposted ford.

The first involves hitting an unexpected water-filled pothole where there’s little chance of assessing the risk.  The other situation offers every opportunity to risk assess - and to get it wrong, in which case the Insurer will surely hold the driver responsible for any resulting damage.

Of course, potholes are a special case and much depends on whether the Local Authority has already been advised of its existence.  In fact the most likely claim is for wheel and/or tyre damage and a claim for compensation can be made against the Local Authority.

The guy who Detailed my car told me that he was on his third alloy wheel claim for pothole damage, although presumably not involving the same pothole!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of things occur to me.

First, people who drive a Land Rover product of any sort seem to think they’re invincible…with hilarious consequences.

Second, the jacked up Ford Maverick with big wheels failing miserably when a carefully driven Toyota Yaris makes it through just made me smile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links