Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all I own a mk1 gs300 and would like to know about recommendations on tyres for the rear I am at present running p zero pirelli and been looking at reviews on the p4 pirelli they say can last upto 100,000 miles I haven't even had 8,000 out of the p zero 

On 6/29/2021 at 9:20 AM, scatman1963 said:

Hi all I own a mk1 gs300 and would like to know about recommendations on tyres for the rear I am at present running p zero pirelli and been looking at reviews on the p4 pirelli they say can last upto 100,000 miles I haven't even had 8,000 out of the p zero 

My understanding is that P Zero Pirelli's are usually soft and wear out quite quickly.

A tyre I've personally liked in the past is the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's. Good quality tyre and I feel like it helped with steering feedback too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDM-Fiend said:

A tyre I've personally liked in the past is the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's. Good quality tyre and I feel like it helped with steering feedback too.

I fitted the newer Asymmetric 5 and they have proved to be excellent performers - particularly on wet roads.  They rate highly in the various tyre test mags.

Personally, I would avoid mixing tyres and replace all four at the same time.  I appreciate it’s an expensive choice but if you’re sufficiently conscious of tyre performance to consider various options, then putting tyres with different treads -and possibly different compounds - on different axles could result in compromised and unpredictable handling.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LenT said:

I fitted the newer Asymmetric 5 and they have proved to be excellent performers - particularly on wet roads.  They rate highly in the various tyre test mags.

Personally, I would avoid mixing tyres and replace all four at the same time.  I appreciate it’s an expensive choice but if you’re sufficiently conscious of tyre performance to consider various options, then putting tyres with different treads -and possibly different compounds - on different axles could result in compromised and unpredictable handling.

Good choice Len, as I mentioned few weeks ago Halfords did me a great deal on 4 with LOC gold card. 

• Like 2

I too have had the Goodyear Eagle  Asymetric and have done 500 ml on them and have found them outstanding the steering feedback is Brilliant goes round bends like the car is on rails

Can highly reccomend them

Robert

• Like 3

just  a point on the tyres prior to fitting them ( they were concave by the way)that was the reason for changing them it had Bridgestone Potensa on rear were really concave on the tread fronts was not as bad i changed the rears on advice from fellow members on here but after a few miles the steering wheel was slightly off10 to 4 i thought  that maybe the rear alignment was out .

Anyway i decided to change the fronts before getting it tracked however an article i read on the US forum said it could be the EPS required syncing I have not heard of this before and i suspect some of our fellow members may know it too.

The procedure according to one gent was get the vehicle in straight ahead position then with engine running turn steering Left to stop then right to full right stop then left again to left stop then back to centre

Lo and behold the steering was then spot on never pulled right or left and there seems to be better feedback from the steering well pleased

but as i said i am sure some members know this but for those that dont try it you maybe suprised.

Robert

• Thanks 1

My recent GS purchase came with some odd brand that is meant to be midrange but I suspect budget in reality called "Falken Azenis FK510" they will do for now 😅

15/10/2020 · The Falken Azenis FK510 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. This tyre replaced the Falken FK453.

• 4.2/5 (108)
  • Brand: Falken
  •  

just seen this

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links