Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi All,

My car is on 60,900 miles (2013 Rx450h)

Service history as follows:

2014 - serviced at Lexus - 4,343 miles

2015 - serviced at Lexus - 15,604 miles

2016 - serviced at Lexus - 22,148 miles

2017 - serviced at Lexus - 32,961 miles

2018 - serviced at Lexus - 42,599 miles

2019 - serviced at Lexus - 52,066 Miles

2020 - serviced at an indépendant who bought the car at 55,824 miles - I then bought from them 

 

My question is when I enter the details on Lexus they think I should get the 80k service but I think it should be the 60k one? Anyone know the difference between the two?

 

Also the costs seems high - is it worth continuing with Lexus servicing do you think given the age and mileage? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I don't think it has any Lexus warranty that I am aware of.... thanks for the link - I have reviewed but can't seem to see the difference between 60k and 80k service... I shall have to check the manual!

Should be the full 60k service though right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I think Lexus assume 10,000 miles a year so an 80,000 mile service is actually a sixth year service. My service book says Intermediate service every 10,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, full service every 20,000 miles or two years whichever comes first.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd go for he more expensive of the two, whichever that is, just to make sure that 'everything' is 'done' that needs to be...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


PCM - that's what I am thinking too - rather pay extra for 60k service so nothing is missed. only had the car since Dec 2020 so want to ensure its all tip top

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gliderpilot said:

I think Lexus assume 10,000 miles a year so an 80,000 mile service is actually a sixth year service. My service book says Intermediate service every 10,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, full service every 20,000 miles or two years whichever comes first.

This is without doubt, the correct approach and will also enable the vehicle to be covered by the new Relax Warranty.

Well said Peter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 60k service - with plugs - should have been done in 2019 at 52,066.

This year's service should be the 80k even though it's not done anywhere near 80k. This is because servicing is 12-months or 10k miles, whichever comes soonest.

Therefore, 2014 would have been the 10k, 2015 the 20k and so on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sambo said:

I don't think it has any Lexus warranty that I am aware of..

If you get it serviced at Lexus it will get a 12-month Lexus Relax warranty, free of charge, on completion of the service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Herbie said:

The 60k service - with plugs - should have been done in 2019 at 52,066.

This year's service should be the 80k even though it's not done anywhere near 80k. This is because servicing is 12-months or 10k miles, whichever comes soonest.

Therefore, 2014 would have been the 10k, 2015 the 20k and so on.

You are only dead right, yet again, young man!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

If you get it serviced at Lexus it will get a 12-month Lexus Relax warranty, free of charge, on completion of the service.

You`ve been cribbing my Posts again!

I see your spelling abilities are improving matey !🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

very helpful all of this - anyway to check that the 60k one was actually done in 2019? Assume Lexus would know? happy to go with the 80k one if it has 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Sambo said:

very helpful all of this - anyway to check that the 60k one was actually done in 2019? Assume Lexus would know? happy to go with the 80k one if it has 

It was done by Lexus so I would be shocked and surprised if they didn't stick to their own servicing schedule but yes, a quick call to them should put your mind at ease.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In order to get the Lexus warranty Lexus insisted doing the full 6 year service even though my car has only done circa 43k miles, and including spark plugs, although the existing ones could have gone for at least until the next 10k service with the low annual mileage I now do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership