Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

Scotty Kilmer, he of waving hands fame is quite the knowledgeable chap - cant fool him

He asked EV manufacturers to give me your goods - how good are your cars let me find out and I will test them in all road conditions.

No one got back to him - says as much as you need to know and doesnt surprise me one bit

Had family visiting. Where they come from, they use small electric cars to health personnel driving round servicing people that need help because of illness or limited mobility or other reasons.

The EV cars are hated. There is limited time to take care of patients and the cars constantly needs charging; charging places are few and far between. When the cars are 3 years old batteries are no longer having power enough to function a shift (7 hours). They need to be charged for so long that they have a lot of cars constantly charging and when it is cold personnel is told not to use heating system, but wear warm clothes.

3 years Battery gone. Car still in good shape, only Battery is not. No problem. Tax payers have unlimited funds and as long as the tax payers do not know how much is wasted and how, who will complain?

Politicians are never going to admit they make mistakes, they want to be re-elected.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Had family visiting. Where they come from, they use small electric cars to health personnel driving round servicing people that need help because of illness or limited mobility or other reasons.

The EV cars are hated. There is limited time to take care of patients and the cars constantly needs charging; charging places are few and far between. When the cars are 3 years old batteries are no longer having power enough to function a shift (7 hours). They need to be charged for so long that they have a lot of cars constantly charging and when it is cold personnel is told not to use heating system, but wear warm clothes.

3 years battery gone. Car still in good shape, only battery is not. No problem. Tax payers have unlimited funds and as long as the tax payers do not know how much is wasted and how, who will complain?

Politicians are never going to admit they make mistakes, they want to be re-elected.

Yeah, its the brainwashing doing the harm - Politicians never have the taxpayer in mind, ever. They are all lies and bull. 

I am quite worried actually about the future that awaits us

• Like 1

WHAT? Batteries of no good after 3 years? Then there's definitely a problem with those cars. There are EV cars here 10 and 12 years old and still going on with between 50 and 80 %

11 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Politicians never have the taxpayer in mind, ever. They are all lies and bull. 

I am quite worried actually about the future that awaits us

Worry not Eric ......... .  the future can be assured .......  the Russians would readily come and save us from the evil democratic systems we are living within  ....  and indeed our Politicians who can never be trusted with our welfare in mind eh !

Never seen a UK politician with a ( Putin style and owned )  £100mn yacht chasing around trying to find a safe haven where the stop cocks won't be opened by some grieving dislocated seaman

Sorry I digress .........  apologies if I've upset any Oligarchs out there with a fleet of Lexii

Smack my hands eh !

Malc

• Haha 1

I am in Azerbaijan just now the the price they pay for 1 litre of petrol is £0.44!!! No wonder they drive Mercedes G class cars! Saying that, I have never seen a country where middle class is almost do not exist! 

Azerbaijan has the same president for the 2003 and before that it was his dad who was a president - funny enough no one in a world called them dictators! 🙂

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

WHAT? Batteries of no good after 3 years? Then there's definitely a problem with those cars. There are EV cars here 10 and 12 years old and still going on with between 50 and 80 %

The minute you drive a EV out of its show room it loses full charge capacity. My HP omen had a new laptop Battery put in just over a year ago, it's currently at around 75% of full charge capacity.

If you drove a EV hard it's capacity would plummet, also you can't fast charge the cars in winter or risk lithium plating and severe reduction in capacity and indeed may need extra layers of clothing to keep your private parts warm as climate control is not dependent on the combustion engine anymore, it's dependent on batteries.

18 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Azerbaijan has the same president for the 2003 and before that it was his dad who was a president - funny enough no one in a world called them dictators! 🙂

Vlad I know nowt of your esteemed country but there are a few beneficial Top People around the world for sure ...... and one of them being I believe,  the unparalleled Sultan of Brunei where his countrymen enjoy free health care, much like us with the NHS ..........other than he flies them to other countries for free treatment ...........  at the cost to his State tho' .....  well, himself methinks

Malc

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

It’s either BS or they don’t know how to use the vehicles, simple EV tin foil hat brigade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Worry not Eric ......... .  the future can be assured .......  the Russians would readily come and save us from the evil democratic systems we are living within  ....  and indeed our Politicians who can never be trusted with our welfare in mind eh !

Never seen a UK politician with a ( Putin style and owned )  £100mn yacht chasing around trying to find a safe haven where the stop cocks won't be opened by some grieving dislocated seaman

Sorry I digress .........  apologies if I've upset any Oligarchs out there with a fleet of Lexii

Smack my hands eh !

Malc

They are all corrupt, it's a well known fact but they try hide as much as possible their ill doings. Hancock wasted 11 million on track and trace, Its the tip of the iceberg. Then you have Boris having parties each weekday or weekend during lockdown. My local Tory has been seen canvassing in Southend and Birmingham when he is based in South Gloucestershire. The corruption is rife, down to and including the brainwashing to get Electric vehicles and new boilers that are expensive and inefficient.

Diesel was great too they said..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

The minute you drive a EV out of its show room it loses full charge capacity. My HP omen had a new laptop battery put in just over a year ago, it's currently at around 75% of full charge capacity.

If you drove a EV hard it's capacity would plummet, also you can't fast charge the cars in winter or risk lithium plating and severe reduction in capacity and indeed may need extra layers of clothing to keep your private parts warm as climate control is not dependent on the combustion engine anymore, it's dependent on batteries.

You really do not know what your talking about when it comes to EVs.

And that’s it.

2 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

It’s either BS or they don’t know how to use the vehicles, simple EV tin foil hat brigade.

I suggest you speak to an electronic engineer, I've worked on batteries, have done regulatory compliance and all that with them. You need to open your eyes a bit. You probably know next to nothing about how a Battery works or how many are installed in EVs or how much cobalt will need mining for billions of batteries to power the vehicles in the future. Fossil fuels will charge most anyway so ..ugh

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

You really do not know what your talking about when it comes to EVs.

And that’s it.

I understand more about batteries than you ever do outside of what you get on Google. You never heard of lithium plating, I don't need Google to tell me

You are just another person spaced out from government propaganda

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Malc said:

Vlad I know nowt of your esteemed country but there are a few beneficial Top People around the world for sure ...... and one of them being I believe,  the unparalleled Sultan of Brunei where his countrymen enjoy free health care, much like us with the NHS ..........other than he flies them to other countries for free treatment ...........  at the cost to his State tho' .....  well, himself methinks

Malc

Free health care sound good.

Believe me the health care for those able to pay is several times better.

6 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Free health care sound good.

Believe me the health care for those able to pay is several times better.

Most reputable companies give private health care, if this is what you mean. But yes, it's apple's and oranges compared to free health care which itself is good for what you get but no competition to a private scheme

16 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

I understand more about batteries than you ever do outside of what you get on Google. You never heard of lithium plating, I don't need Google to tell me

Personal insults just show your level.

Bye…

16 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

The health care service people driving round have been doing that in gasoline cars before. Batteries are not good for keeping a car warm when it drive from patient A to patient B and the distance often is few km. Do not use seat heating, do not use cabin heating. Put on warm clothes and then go in to a patient laying in a rather warm place and go out again into a cold car is something that keep the health care personnel healthy. NO?

Batteries are being destroyed when being express charged constantly and you can take off your tin-foil hat or stop pretending you know something.

Just now, Boxbrownie said:

Personal insults just show your level.

Bye…

Touche, there is a reason not one EV manufacturer have given Scotty Kilmer a vehicle to try out, they know they would get hammered. You can't fool that chap, unlike others.

2 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

The health care service people driving round have been doing that in gasoline cars before. Batteries are not good for keeping a car warm when it drive from patient A to patient B and the distance often is few km. Do not use seat heating, do not use cabin heating. Put on warm clothes and then go in to a patient laying in a rather warm place and go out again into a cold car is something that keep the health care personnel healthy. NO?

Batteries are being destroyed when being express charged constantly and you can take off your tin-foil hat or stop pretending you know something.

You always get these 'experts' sticking their nose in jabbing on about conspiracy theories and tin foil hats. They don't have any understanding whatsoever about batteries.

7 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Can you explain why our nearly 5 year old EV with 50k miles on the clock is only showing 5% Battery degredation? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

3 years battery gone.

There is BS and there is just out right lies......

If EV batteries really die after just 3 years can you explain why used EVs hold their value better than any combustion car.

A used 2017 Model X from Tesla will cost you £65k right now, we paid £71k in 2016. So if EVs batteries are useless after 3 years surely used values should reflect that??

On the other hand used hydrogen fuel cells cars can be had for a fraction of their new price. Maybe you have it all right and everyone else is wrong, or maybe you are the one who is wrong?? What you do recon, you are the sole genius on the planet 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

Can you explain why our nearly 5 year old EV with 50k miles on the clock is only showing 5% battery degredation? 

And you know it's five percent how exactly? Seems far etched for five years. 

Batteries are more complex than most people realise, a few weak cells will write off an entire Battery pack, probably writing off the car in the process.

12 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

If EV batteries really die after just 3 years can you explain why used EVs hold their value better than any combustion car.

A used 2017 Model X from Tesla will cost you £65k right now, we paid £71k in 2016. So if EVs batteries are useless after 3 years surely used values should reflect that??

On the other hand used hydrogen fuel cells cars can be had for a fraction of their new price. Maybe you have it all right and everyone else is wrong, or maybe you are the one who is wrong?? What you do recon, you are the sole genius on the planet 🙂

3 years and they cannot be used a full 7 hours shift for service personnel in a country where the users want to have a warm cabin and a heated seat.

I know you are EV fanboy and that is cool for you.

Why not. Some are naive enough to believe all politicians tell them.

12 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

EVs have lot's of electronic bits, you need to step back and put your feet into the people who designed them and wrote software for them. It's not nice and I had a news article saying today that EVs are less reliable than combustion engines, does that surprise me? No.

My 2008 3 litre Subaru on 136k miles had 2 boot joints and a rear caliper replacement, outside of fluid changes, no EV will be that reliable ever and they will be horrible to drive, unless you want to live a life of anxiety.

Batteries are complex, lithium plating is a constant worry, each cell needs to be individually balanced, a weak one can collapse the entire pack. There's stuff going on here that most people haven't a clue about. I do however as I have developed commercial products with Texas Instruments ICs used for cell balancing and so forth. You need to talk to knowledgeable people. Mainstream media and governments are only spreading the gospel that they are required to save the planet.. which is tosh

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links