Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF but not an ISF?

Yes, she is. I think I'll stick with Chris Harris and Savage Gees. The real problem is not that we don't get to see a V8 version, but any version.

Personally, I think a V8 is just oversized for the IS, although I get the ISF cult. It's not really a sports car (lacks in suspension), and it's not really a tourer (insulation, cabin space). The sweet spot for me would be a 350h with a torquey setup (software setting I suspect...) for acceleration at speed. Instead, we get nothing.

Think potentially Lexus have missed the spot, lots of American forums are saying “it’s not an F”……..which it’s not, this will have a knock on effect with resale values for sure, I daresay it’ll be next league compared to the old ISF but unfortunately it’s not an F……as far as I’m aware this is a USA car only unless I’m being misled 

On 10/28/2021 at 2:49 PM, Womble72 said:

Think potentially Lexus have missed the spot, lots of American forums are saying “it’s not an F”……..which it’s not, this will have a knock on effect with resale values for sure, I daresay it’ll be next league compared to the old ISF but unfortunately it’s not an F……as far as I’m aware this is a USA car only unless I’m being misled 

You are correct its an American only car.  And yes. its not an F

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 12:03 PM, PRT68 said:

There must be somebody, somewhere that has made their own. A transplant V8 into an IS body...

Might be a bit difficult, the IS body had to be extended to get the V8 in !

On 10/28/2021 at 11:32 AM, DBIZO said:

Yes, she is. I think I'll stick with Chris Harris and Savage Gees. The real problem is not that we don't get to see a V8 version, but any version.

Personally, I think a V8 is just oversized for the IS, although I get the ISF cult. It's not really a sports car (lacks in suspension), and it's not really a tourer (insulation, cabin space). The sweet spot for me would be a 350h with a torquey setup (software setting I suspect...) for acceleration at speed. Instead, we get nothing.

no, the real problem is there isnt another V8 IS available in the UK, hybrid is utter dog ****, its one or the other, otherwise you are just carrying around unnecessary weight, smiles per gallon, V8 still wins

4 hours ago, Twellsie said:

no, the real problem is there isnt another V8 IS available in the UK, hybrid is utter dog ****, its one or the other, otherwise you are just carrying around unnecessary weight, smiles per gallon, V8 still wins

You realise we are arguing over which one is worse not getting?:) We both got shafted. The point is, Lexus serves vastly different needs/audiences from the same platforms. Believe me, I totally understand why as an ISF driver you despise the hybrids, but the hybrid actually gets pretty decent MPG, silent (the opposite of what you want I guess) and helps with longevity too (lower breakpad use, lower engine use). I'll want to upgrade to a GS450h. It looks perfect for driving tours. I love the idea of an ISF/IS500 or even better, the GSF, but I do not want to afford the costs of a V8 car, let alone as a second car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links