Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

3 hours ago, Gureamu said:

It seems like Lexus have really gone all out to try and make the new NX an acoustic no-go zone. Putting aside the lack of a ML sound system in the ‘halo’ 450h+, the apparent lack of any music streaming applications combined with the absence of wireless Android Auto and only one data enabled USB port means that the only option will be to have all of your music on your phone (hope you have enough room) or a USB drive with music on and no Android Auto. None of this seems satisfactory in a 2022 car

I have however seen articles stating that you must have Android 11 or later to support wireless Android Auto on the new NX. Is there any chance do we think that the NX does support wireless Android Auto  on Android 11 phones?

I'll call into my local dealer this week and check if it works, I'm running Android 11... Hope it does! 

4 hours ago, Gureamu said:

It seems like Lexus have really gone all out to try and make the new NX an acoustic no-go zone. Putting aside the lack of a ML sound system in the ‘halo’ 450h+, the apparent lack of any music streaming applications combined with the absence of wireless Android Auto and only one data enabled USB port means that the only option will be to have all of your music on your phone (hope you have enough room) or a USB drive with music on and no Android Auto. None of this seems satisfactory in a 2022 car

TBH I don’t find the ML system in my RX particularly outstanding but, then again, if I wanted to listen to high class hifi I’d do it at home. Never seen the point in these super fan dangled hifi systems in cars but maybe that’s just me

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

TBH I don’t find the ML system in my RX particularly outstanding but, then again, if I wanted to listen to high class hifi I’d do it at home. Never seen the point in these super fan dangled hifi systems in cars but maybe that’s just me

I’ve always thought the same. Why do people pay high prices for a high end hifi in a car 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

I'll call into my local dealer this week and check if it works, I'm running Android 11... Hope it does! 

My phone is running Android 12 and wireless Android Auto isn't an option in the car I'm afraid (unless I'm mistaken). Will be happy to be proved wrong. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Ha ha, My wife has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to prog rock. I can only listen to it when I'm alone in my car. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Andy B said:

My phone is running Android 12 and wireless Android Auto isn't an option in the car I'm afraid (unless I'm mistaken). Will be happy to be proved wrong. 

No, just checked and even the UK spec brochure says wireless for apple, but wired for android..( as Casper mentioned) .. Never mind maybe in the future... 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Joey020 said:

I’ve always thought the same. Why do people pay high prices for a high end hifi in a car 

Some people spend a lot of time in their car so why not?  It’s not unusual for high end cars to have a high end stereo, that’s part of what makes it high end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don C said:

Some people spend a lot of time in their car so why not?  It’s not unusual for high end cars to have a high end stereo, that’s part of what makes it high end.  

I'm with you on that one.
Also in a car installing decent Hi-Fi is a challenge due to the environment. tin box, glass, road noise, wind noise etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

No, just checked and even the UK spec brochure says wireless for apple, but wired for android..( as Casper mentioned) .. Never mind maybe in the future... 

Yes hopefully Android will go wireless in the future, I do wonder what why the limitation, other car manufacturers have wireless Android Auto in the UK. I would really like to have my music permanently available on a USB drive (and not have rely upon the music on my phone) and to use Android Auto - I wonder if the USB port will support a mini USB hub and allow both devices to connect simultaneously. 

Reference: Rear heated seats/sequential indicators. I ordered my NX350h Premium Plus Pack 15th November. Was told 2 weeks ago by my dealer (Lexus Swindon) that they are no longer including the heated rear seats with that particular pack, they made no mention of the sequential indicators. I have since driven the NX350h Takumi version that arrived at my dealership early February, it did have heated rear seats, which I was expecting but did not have sequential indicators. My NX350h is due late May/June, I just wonder what else they might have excluded by then. Probably punishment for ordering prior to the latest price increases (just a thought).

• Like 1

Just to distract you a bit - I installed the Lexus link and filled the data in - like personal info and etc, however I cannot allocate/asign a vehicle to me. The order was done couple of days ago, I believe it is too early and I am impatient as hell,however when I asked the dealer if I had to do something else, he told me the company or the vehicle would be allocated to me based on the information I have submitted ( address, personal info). Is this correct?

I browsed a bit the app and the only way to add a vehicle was to use either QR, VIN or reg plate.

Any ideas?

TIA

51 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Just to distract you a bit - I installed the Lexus link and filled the data in - like personal info and etc, however I cannot allocate/asign a vehicle to me. The order was done couple of days ago, I believe it is too early and I am impatient as hell,however when I asked the dealer if I had to do something else, he told me the company or the vehicle would be allocated to me based on the information I have submitted ( address, personal info). Is this correct?

I browsed a bit the app and the only way to add a vehicle was to use either QR, VIN or reg plate.

Any ideas?

TIA

Just need to register with the same email address used on the order form submitted to Lexus. You'll get an email from 'My Lexus' when the order goes through and it'll show in the app. 

I have two showing at the moment as I placed orders at a couple of dealers whilst trying to get the best deal, and cancelling one doesn't seem to have done anything as it's still on order just not for me now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Just need to register with the same email address used on the order form submitted to Lexus. You'll get an email from 'My Lexus' when the order goes through and it'll show in the app. 

I have two showing at the moment as I placed orders at a couple of dealers whilst trying to get the best deal, and cancelling one doesn't seem to have done anything as it's still on order just not for me now. 

I’ll take your other one. My dealer is useless, order placed 2nd feb and I’ve had nothing. 

1 hour ago, Caspa said:

So,he was right then 🙂

Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey020 said:

I’ll take your other one. My dealer is useless, order placed 2nd feb and I’ve had nothing. 

My orders are 31/12 and 10/01, with the former being the one I've cancelled with Cambridge. 

NX450h+ F Sport in Azure Blue with Red Flare interior. 

The prediction when ordering was May for both, but builds haven't started yet so definitely subject to change.

Got a test drive on Friday at Leicester so will get an update from them then. 

Screenshot_20220216-180322.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Caspa said:

My orders are 31/12 and 10/01, with the former being the one I've cancelled with Cambridge. 

NX450h+ F Sport in Azure Blue with Red Flare interior. 

The prediction when ordering was May for both, but builds haven't started yet so definitely subject to change.

Got a test drive on Friday at Leicester so will get an update from them then. 

Screenshot_20220216-180322.png

Which app are you using?  Mine looks different.

Just back from a test drive on a NX450H + .Very impressed by the quietness, the smooth ride, steering, road holding and sound system (not ML) .

Very responsive acceleration especially in sport mode, a bit of a roar under hard acceleration but why not? Completely silent in electric mode, even wipers are completely silent. Seats a bit uncomfortable (sport version) and back visibility not too good but there is a back camera and various warnings. 

I was told that towards the end of the year there will be an update over the air for wireless android auto. Generally more than pleased having ordered it without trying first, delivery confirmed for second half of March (ordered mid September) and looking forward to that! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Pm4 said:

Just back from a test drive on a NX450H + .Very impressed by the quietness, the smooth ride, steering, road holding and sound system (not ML) .

Very responsive acceleration especially in sport mode, a bit of a roar under hard acceleration but why not? Completely silent in electric mode, even wipers are completely silent. Seats a bit uncomfortable (sport version) and back visibility not too good but there is a back camera and various warnings. 

I was told that towards the end of the year there will be an update over the air for wireless android auto. Generally more than pleased having ordered it without trying first, delivery confirmed for second half of March (ordered mid September) and looking forward to that! 

Good to hear about the wireless android auto.  Thanks for passing that on.

If it's towards the end of the year mine will probably come with it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links