Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

I have asked my dealer about the name of the ship that will be delivering but they have no information for this. Is there any way I can get hold of this information?

50 minutes ago, KoeNX said:

I have asked my dealer about the name of the ship that will be delivering but they have no information for this. Is there any way I can get hold of this information?

Hi Ivan.

The dealership should be able to tell you this. Who is your dealer? I see you are based in Essex - is it Lexus Woodford? If so then they can definitely give you this information as they were able to give me the name of the ship that my NX came across on.

Failing that - maybe try Lexus Customer Relations (email:- cr@lexus.co.uk).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Hi Ivan.

The dealership should be able to tell you this. Who is your dealer? I see you are based in Essex - is it Lexus Woodford? If so then they can definitely give you this information as they were able to give me the name of the ship that my NX came across on.

Failing that - maybe try Lexus Customer Relations (email:- cr@lexus.co.uk).

Hi Andy,

Lexus Cambridge. The dealer mention they have not check this information before. Maybe I will try to email the customer relation instead. Thanks for the info. 

34 minutes ago, KoeNX said:

Hi Andy,

Lexus Cambridge. The dealer mention they have not check this information before. Maybe I will try to email the customer relation instead. Thanks for the info. 

1 hour ago, KoeNX said:

When I purchased my IS300h from Lexus Birmingham back in 2013 they gave me full info, ship name and ID, date departing, date expected etc. It was a fun few weeks watching it's progress on the marine tracking app. Hope to do the same for my new NX350h later this year.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HH74 said:

Morning all, just thought I’d share my experience. NX 350h finally delivered - took just over 5 months and appreciate the waiting time may have lengthened. Ordered back in Oct and the biggest wait was for build in progress (end Jan) then left factory 10 days later and on its way to the UK. Took almost exactly a calendar month to arrive at Portbury and another two weeks for pickup at the dealership. The other issue I mentioned before was the luxury tax issue which affects only a small number of people (unfortunately me) - it looks like DVLA are playing hardball and are taxing the car based on the list price at the point of delivery (just over £40k in my case) rather than the price at the point of purchase (below £40k for me and honoured by Lexus) - very annoying!

Hi HH47.

I highlighted that exact same point regarding luxury car tax in a previous post . DVLA use the list price at the point of first registration to determine what tax is due. I was also trying to keep my build to under the 40k threshold but gave up when it became apparent that the two subsequent  price increases by Lexus would take effect prior to me receiving the vehicle & therefore push the list price at registration to over 40k. This is not always highlighted by the dealership at time of purchase. An annoying addition expense! 

kind regards, Steve. 

21 minutes ago, General Mess said:

Hi HH47.

I highlighted that exact same point regarding luxury car tax in a previous post . DVLA use the list price at the point of first registration to determine what tax is due. I was also trying to keep my build to under the 40k threshold but gave up when it became apparent that the two subsequent  price increases by Lexus would take effect prior to me receiving the vehicle & therefore push the list price at registration to over 40k. This is not always highlighted by the dealership at time of purchase. An annoying addition expense! 

kind regards, Steve. 

Hi Steve

My dealership were genuinely surprised by the DVLA policy. They had never seen it before. It’s also annoying because I wanted the panoramic roof and needlessly compromised on options to keep it under £40k (1st world problem, I know). I guess you are free to splash out on extras or a higher trim level if you have the means!

2 minutes ago, HH74 said:

Hi Steve

My dealership were genuinely surprised by the DVLA policy. They had never seen it before. It’s also annoying because I wanted the panoramic roof and needlessly compromised on options to keep it under £40k (1st world problem, I know). I guess you are free to splash out on extras or a higher trim level if you have the means!

I should mention that I’m still very happy with car!

3 hours ago, HH74 said:

Hi Steve

I don’t know why they were surprised, luxury car tax has always been based on the list price of the vehicle on the day before it was registered 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/534511/ved-reform-briefing-for-motor-industry.pdf

The list price of vehicles subject to the scheme must be provided when the vehicle is first registered.
• This list price will be provided by the manufacturer or dealer/retailer and reflect the vehicle list price on the day before it is first registered and taxed.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KoeNX said:

Regarding about the tailgate locking, did you try to step away from it to let it lock? It won't lock if your key is still near the tailgate. There is a video for your reference. 

Thanks Ivan. 

Works a treat although you've got to be pretty far away for it to close! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Thanks Ivan. 

Works a treat although you've got to be pretty far away for it to close! 

I think the tailgate locking is meant for the person to walk away and lock itself. Happy to help.

• Thanks 1

I managed to do some research regarding about the shipping information. Based on what I can find, the port of departure should be Nagoya which is near the toyota production plant. Found a website that showed the vessels that depart from Japan specifically for shipping car manufacture. There is two possible vessel that has estimated date reaching Southampton on 23rd May which is closed to my ETA from Lexus dealership. Cross finger it might be one of them on its way assuming it has departed today. 

I am just thinking whether Lexus is giving ETA dates based on the shipping vessels arrival dates as they need put their cars on these ships. 

https://carfromjapan.com/shipping-schedule

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 11.04.52 pm.png

9 minutes ago, KoeNX said:

I managed to do some research regarding about the shipping information. Based on what I can find, the port of departure should be Nagoya which is near the toyota production plant. Found a website that showed the vessels that depart from Japan specifically for shipping car manufacture. There is two possible vessel that has estimated date reaching Southampton on 23rd May which is closed to my ETA from Lexus dealership. Cross finger it might be one of them on its way assuming it has departed today. 

I am just thinking whether Lexus is giving ETA dates based on the shipping vessels arrival dates as they need put their cars on these ships. 

https://carfromjapan.com/shipping-schedule

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 11.04.52 pm.png

Not saying you are wrong Ivan but my understanding was that Lexus vehicles arrived into the UK through Portbury?

Did I read somewhere that the NX was built at Tahara? The factory has its own quay and the Plumeria Leader is along side now.

Never seen so many vehicle carriers as there is in that stretch of water lol

31 minutes ago, carboncopy said:

Not saying you are wrong Ivan but my understanding was that Lexus vehicles arrived into the UK through Portbury?

Did I read somewhere that the NX was built at Tahara? The factory has its own quay and the Plumeria Leader is along side now.

Never seen so many vehicle carriers as there is in that stretch of water lol

You are correct about arriving in Portbury. I am just vaguely explaining based on the vessel journey. 

There is actually another production plant in Miyata which I thought most NX is produced from there especially for 450h+ but have no confirmation that is being built at which place. 

If only my dealership have this shipping information that will save this hassle from finding out. 

10 hours ago, General Mess said:

Hi HH47.

kind regards, Steve. 

I’ve never owned a car that was impacted by the luxury car tax before and like you I also specced my NX carefully to keep it under this limit, I even missed out on the 14” screen 😞 I was hoping that Lexus might do something to avoid this but looks like that isn’t happening.  I understand the extra £355 is payable from the second year onwards so do you get something telling you it will be payable then when you get the car and is that how you know you will have to pay it?

My NX is a lease so I’ve not heard yet exactly what this will do to the monthlies but sure the lease company will pass all of it on to me, but hopefully if I understand it over the three year lease I only have to pay for two lots of the luxury tax so £710 split across the 36 months, guess I can expect another £20 a month then. Starting to think I should have stuck to the RAV4 I looked at first. Anymore surprises, delays or increases and I might just walk away.

7 hours ago, Catflap said:

😞

I understand the extra £355 is payable from the second year onwards so do you get something telling you it will be payable then when you get the car and is that how you know you will have to pay it?

My NX, even before the recent 2 price increases, was priced over the £40k threshold. Although I knew about the luxury tax implications beforehand (from sources such as this forum and elsewhere) I wasn't told about this by my dealer or officially by the DVLA when I took ownership of it.

On 3/29/2022 at 9:31 PM, Ken R said:

Hi Don

Very pleased with the car so far but only covered 250 miles to date - a large part in ev mode and getting to grips with the new features. EV range indicator is very accurate and the change from ev to ice is barely noticeable. Drove 13 miles in hv/ev mode to charge the traction battery and gained about 6 miles however consumption dropped to 30mpg and the engine noise intrusion would make me avoid this option in future. HUD is brilliantly clear as is the 360 degree camera. Fit and finish is first class and ev charging very straightforward. Awaiting the install of the ev charger but using a 3 pin plug at present. The car recognising my profile is a bit hit or miss as discussed elsewhere in the loc. Only problem that I am having is with the internal tailgate switch locking option not working - get 2 beeps but nothing happens. Also the ev reverse warning to pedestrians is barely audible. I also miss the panoramic roof that I enjoyed on my old NX. Will update as I cover more miles and head to the petrol station to calculate the overall mpg. 

Thanks Ken, glad you like it.  You might find there are occasions when it will force the engine to run because it has sensed that the particulate filter needs to be purged.  These were once diesel only problems but these very clean petrols have them now.  A salesman told me they refer to the audible noise generator as “the voice of angels”!   Mine is very quiet but I like it that way because I work unsociable hours and the Yaris woke the neighbours up.  I think they thought some ghost had appeared in the middle of the night!   Don’t get me started with British Gas, I’m just going through a “challenging situation” with a boiler install.  I hope you have better luck with the juice division.   

Had the dreaded convo with dealer..... My 450H order delivery estimate has moved from late June to late September!!! Not much I can do about it.... So hey ho... 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bish1402 said:

Had the dreaded convo with dealer..... My 450H order delivery estimate has moved from late June to late September!!! Not much I can do about it.... So hey ho... 

sad to hear, when did you order it?

2 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

1st week in Feb. 

Still quicker than those of us that ordered 350s.  I ordered 24th Jan and have a recently updated delivery date of 10th October.

Bit of a first world problem for sure, but I'm not renowned for my patience.

Is the technical spec (e.g horsepower etc) of demonstrator and testing car in dealership same as the vehicle from factory order ?, or it might be downgrade in the power output?

2 hours ago, ZackLuk said:

Is the technical spec (e.g horsepower etc) of demonstrator and testing car in dealership same as the vehicle from factory order ?, or it might be downgrade in the power output?

I would imagine it’ll be the same. Surely they can’t let you test drive an example that is different to what they’re selling??

5 hours ago, ZackLuk said:

Do you really think that happens?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links