Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

20 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

My dealer phoned me today to say that they now have access to the new system. However, it has not been fully populated yet  so he was unable to see when a build slot might be allocated; hence he couldn't give me a delivery update. The old system is still in use as it has additional functionality not available on the new system. However, he reiterated that ETAs provided by the old system could not be relied upon even though some dealers appear to still be using it This seems to be borne out with the different delivery profiles posted on this forum. Hopefully better ETAs for us all are not too far away.

Hi all, most of you guys should consider yourselves very fortunate, as in having placed the order after me and getting the car way before me, I placed the order end of Jan and the ETA is Dec / Jan, I emailed the Dealer Lexus Twickenham and he said Dec or Jan. 

At the very least I'll be getting a 72 plate the sales rep also said if the car comes end of Jan 23 he'll keep the car unregistered and give me a 23 plate. 

2 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi all, most of you guys should consider yourselves very fortunate, as in having placed the order after me and getting the car way before me, I placed the order end of Jan and the ETA is Dec / Jan, I emailed the Dealer Lexus Twickenham and he said Dec or Jan. 

At the very least I'll be getting a 72 plate the sales rep also said if the car comes end of Jan 23 he'll keep the car unregistered and give me a 23 plate. 

Don't forget that those of us swapping future delivery dates don't really know how accurate they are.

It seems frustrating to me that dealers (and maybe Lexus themselves) don't seem to be able to give accurate delivery date estimates.  Or maybe they are accurate, in which case it's difficult to see why people are getting such widely disparate timescales.

I guess only time will tell.

I would not believe any delivery dates you are being given. I ordered a NX350H with premium pack on the 17th November 2021 and was given a March 2022 delivery date, this has changed every month since March to April then May now it is supposed to be June.   

2 hours ago, Simon F said:

Don't forget that those of us swapping future delivery dates don't really know how accurate they are.

It seems frustrating to me that dealers (and maybe Lexus themselves) don't seem to be able to give accurate delivery date estimates.  Or maybe they are accurate, in which case it's difficult to see why people are getting such widely disparate timescales.

I guess only time will tell.

Is it the case of demand is more than they can actually build the cars? So far I've just seen two 350H one Green and one Black and they looked magnificent, to see them on the open road instead of of the showrooms are two different things IMHO. 

Apparently mine is in the UK, it is at the "depot" and "fit for transport" (I assume this might mean at Burnaston which frustratingly isn't far from me! and has passed some kind of inspection). Still not sure when I will get it as it seems there's usually some to and fro between the dealer and the lease company before they are allowed to deliver it. Naturally still nothing showing up in the App, being a fleet order.

I've seen two in the "wild" this week, a white 350h heading north on the M1 towing a caravan, and another one (couldn't tell what model) in a village near Burnaston, plate starting GU71 so possibly a Toyota owned vehicle?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Apparently mine is in the UK, it is at the "depot" and "fit for transport" (I assume this might mean at Burnaston which frustratingly isn't far from me! and has passed some kind of inspection). Still not sure when I will get it as it seems there's usually some to and fro between the dealer and the lease company before they are allowed to deliver it. Naturally still nothing showing up in the App, being a fleet order.

I've seen two in the "wild" this week, a white 350h heading north on the M1 towing a caravan, and another one (couldn't tell what model) in a village near Burnaston, plate starting GU71 so possibly a Toyota owned vehicle?

I’ve only seen the new NX once on the road and it was NX450h… don’t know how many nx the production line can build per day and where did those new cars go 🙂 

43 minutes ago, Chance521 said:

I’ve only seen the new NX once on the road and it was NX450h… don’t know how many nx the production line can build per day and where did those new cars go 🙂 

Take a look at the North American Lexus forums. They literal pick them up from production lines, freight, car dealerships. Most are stock builds for their precious North American markets. Sadly, we don't count that much for Lexus

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chance521 said:

If you hang out on the A33 south of Reading you could see NXs being test driven. I drove a 450h Takumi and a 350h F-Sport (twice).

signed for a 350h F-Sport (because the AVS makes a difference) mid-Feb. Informed a couple of weeks ago that delivery will be “early December”. Counting the months!

• Like 1

Lexus customer relation managed to give the shipment vessel named "MORNING CELESTA", estimate arrival in Bristol on 27th April. 

Also I have been told they are having a new system providing customer more accurate details of the delivery. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KoeNX said:

Also I have been told they are having a new system providing customer more accurate details of the delivery. 

Do you know if those details will be available via Lexus Link or just for dealer use?

40 minutes ago, imgo said:

Do you know if those details will be available via Lexus Link or just for dealer use?

For the dealer. I will try to ask what sort of improvement compared to the previous. 

2 hours ago, KoeNX said:

For the dealer. I will try to ask what sort of improvement compared to the previous. 

Any improvement at all will be massive!  My dealer’s info was still showing a 22 Feb delivery date when the car was sat outside the dealership on a car transporter on 28 January!🤪

• Haha 2

Had a 'Follow our progress' email and additional info is showing in the app, so hoping that means I've been allocated a May build slot... 🤞

1993779593_Screenshot_20220427-231548_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.9a085caf557892eb16ceb29f2660afcd.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Had a 'Follow our progress' email and additional info is showing in the app, so hoping that means I've been allocated a May build slot... 🤞

1993779593_Screenshot_20220427-231548_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.9a085caf557892eb16ceb29f2660afcd.jpg

I had this changes as well in February and it started building end of March. Is definitely a good sign your NX has a build slot. 

My NX is currently at the Bristol Channel waiting to dock. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Caspa said:

Great progress! Hopefully that might mean I will get my "Follow our progress" email next month as I also ordered mine from Leicester on 12th Feb, about 4 weeks after you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoeNX said:

After 28 days at sea, finally arrived in Portbury 😊

Screenshot_20220429-063127_Lexus Link.jpg

Great news Ivan, now the long wait begins lol. Mine has been at Derby for nearly a month now. To be fair, my dealer told me months ago that it would be at the dealership 4-6th May and I guess he is going to be spot on.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, carboncopy said:

Great news Ivan, now the long wait begins lol. Mine has been at Derby for nearly a month now. To be fair, my dealer told me months ago that it would be at the dealership 4-6th May and I guess he is going to be spot on.

Do you think is related to the recall issues? 

I am a private buyer and ordered my first Lexus (NX350h Takumi in Sonic Grey) on 2/11/2021 through Lexus Tunbridge Wells. The initial suggested delivery date was 1/3/2022 as stated on the order. I get monthly calls to update this and it went to April . . . May . . . June. Still not showing any build start. I accept that there are well known problems for all manufacturers but does anyone have a realistic idea on when I may take delivery based on their own experience?

34 minutes ago, Tony Fairhead said:

I am a private buyer and ordered my first Lexus (NX350h Takumi in Sonic Grey) on 2/11/2021 through Lexus Tunbridge Wells. The initial suggested delivery date was 1/3/2022 as stated on the order. I get monthly calls to update this and it went to April . . . May . . . June. Still not showing any build start. I accept that there are well known problems for all manufacturers but does anyone have a realistic idea on when I may take delivery based on their own experience?

I feel your frustration after 6 months of waiting. I ordered my NX350h Takumi, I am also a private buyer, on 12th Feb at Leicester. I have just called them and the best update they can give is December. Mine is still showing 'Order in progress' on lexus link. It will be a long wait for us all I think.

• Sad 1

Visited the dealer today and ordered the NX350h with delivery... March 2023. Wow, that was a disappointment to be honest. Let's hope I will get it until Christmas 2022...

5 minutes ago, krisdeb said:

Visited the dealer today and ordered the NX350h with delivery... March 2023. Wow, that was a disappointment to be honest. Let's hope I will get it until Christmas 2022...

That’s maybe good news for you 🙂 because  my order placed in mid March got an estimated delivery date of March/April 2023 . Looking at the estimated date for your order I feel production is ramping up 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links