Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

20 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Here's what I did ...

From the Lexus Link notifications I worked out a 3 day window of departure dates from Nagoya, the port Lexus use in Japan.

I used, https://www.myshiptracking.com/ports-arrivals-departures to search for ships leaving the port on these dates.

This includes all ships but I could ignore the tugs, high speed vessels, passenger ships, tankers and yachts (teal, brown, blue, red and purple dots respectively).

I picked out the ships classed as vehicle carriers; reducing the number of ships from 204 to 14.

Over a couple of days, I plotted the positions of all 14 and eliminated the ones heading in the wrong direction.

This left zero ships! Vaguely possible, one ship.

Then, fortunately, somebody put up a post naming the Viking Adventure, which he had been given by his dealer.

I checked my original list again and the Viking Adventure was listed but as a cargo ship, not a vehicle carrier. Hence why I had missed it.

My dealer, several days later, was able to confirm that my vehicle was indeed on the Viking Adventure.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Wow great work there! Thank you!

That's my weekend activity sorted then 😂

Hope yours arrive real soon, seems like there will be a big wave of deliveries from the viking adventure 😉

17 hours ago, NX350 HOPES said:

Hope you don't mind me asking Lok, which dealership did you order from and what date? I ordered 350h via a Lease broker on Dec 24th 2021 and been told delivery in 2023 and still no build slot. Worried something has gone wrong despite my broker having a good reputation. They also told me the order was confirmed by Lexus fleet orders on the same day... Can anyone advise/is anyone in the same boat??

yes of course, mine is via Lexus Twickenham in London direct.

Seems like a few people getting ridiculous delay are all lease orders through broker, I feel for you, hope they sort it out for you real soon.

Cheers

10 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Vessels usually arrive at Portbury around 4 weeks after leaving Japan so, working in conjunction with the info given by @Harrier Man, you should be able to estimate the arrival date by looking at the planned forward movement of arrivals at Portbury by using the following link.

The majority of Toyota vessels are managed by agents OS-K so look down the chart to see which OS-K agent vessels are due for arrival around you estimated date with the route of Livorno - Zeebruge.

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

thank you so much, the excitement really starts now knowing my car actually exist somewhere on the other side of the planet! 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loknx said:

Seems like a few people getting ridiculous delay are all lease orders through broker, I feel for you, hope they sort it out for you real soon.

Cheers

Thanks Lok, apparently a lot of orders went in in December which is being cited as a reason for the disparity in lead times. Again hope you don't mind me asking and certainly no pressure to respond but what date was yours ordered on?

17 hours ago, loknx said:

Cheers

Well, not all of us ordered via brokers. Some of the longest waiting lists appears to affect NX350H FSPORT, Takumi and Takumi FSPORT versions. ETAs were a problem as they were and continues to be hugely unreliable. Some of us have build dates confirmed, but no further updates. The wait continues....to the ember months.

Mine ordered in Feb is on it's way and due at the lease company's depot on 30th August - taking a guess i think it's on the 'Global Highway' ship based on dates but not sure. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bish1402 said:

Delivery day next Wednesday, that was a super quick turn around at Derby as it is at the Lexus dealer already.... 

That's excellent. I thought your car was on the Viking Adventure but as that's still at sea (off the coast of Cornwall so getting closer) I presume your car was on an earlier boat? Maybe the same one as RXtoNX as he picks his car up on Monday.

Really heartening that several people are receiving their cars very soon. I feel for those still waiting but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. The excitement having waited so long is a great adrenalin rush!

1 hour ago, Bish1402 said:

Delivery day next Wednesday, that was a super quick turn around at Derby as it is at the Lexus dealer already.... 

Great, pleased for you but makes some sense since it was ordered around the same time as mine.

Just to demonstrate how up to date the Lexus app is, mine is apparently still in Derby.

• Haha 2

Just had my monthly update from my Lexus dealer about my NX350h Takumi ordered on 12th February. The ETA has now slipped back since last month's update of February 2023 and is now showing as April 2023. Not happy since I was told on the date I ordered it that the ETA was 19th August 2022, I.e. 3 weeks today. :thumbdown:

Well going back a month or 2 now I tried to cancel my order but the dealer tried everything to keep me. I was originally told a July delivery. It then moved to September. Today I received a call from the dealer to say that delivery date has  now been put back to November. It was ordered late Feb,

27 minutes ago, PETERPFC1 said:

Well going back a month or 2 now I tried to cancel my order but the dealer tried everything to keep me. I was originally told a July delivery. It then moved to September. Today I received a call from the dealer to say that delivery date has  now been put back to November. It was ordered late Feb,

Hi Peter, 

I see that you ordered your car after I did but have been given an ETA some 5 months before mine. How can that be right? It seems like delivery dates are completely random and not based on order dates.

And earlier in this topic Mattsneaker said:

5 hours ago, Mattsneaker said:

Mine ordered in Feb is on it's way and due at the lease company's depot on 30th August

I do hope that both your ETA of November, and Matt's of August are correct, but if they are correct then why is my ETA April next year?

I have raised this discrepancy in ETAs with my dealer today and he will try to find out why. He also said that if you ordered a NX350h today that it would be unlikely to be delivered until 2024 !

I asked my dealer about the NX350h model / specification affecting delivery dates and he said that wasn't an issue as f sport or Takumi NX450s are not additionally delayed.

1 hour ago, PETERPFC1 said:

I think I’d be asking the dealer to show you where it shows this on his system. Not saying he may be telling porkies his dates do seem to be out of step with others.

6 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

That's excellent. I thought your car was on the Viking Adventure but as that's still at sea (off the coast of Cornwall so getting closer) I presume your car was on an earlier boat? Maybe the same one as RXtoNX as he picks his car up on Monday.

Really heartening that several people are receiving their cars very soon. I feel for those still waiting but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. The excitement having waited so long is a great adrenalin rush!

I see the Viking Adventure has come to an almost standstill off the North Devon Coast. Looks like it’s going to dock early morning tomorrow now. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, imgo said:

I asked my dealer about the NX350h model / specification affecting delivery dates and he said that wasn't an issue as f sport or Takumi NX450s are not additionally delayed.

Well, the last time I had faith in what any dealers or even Lexus HQ had to say about NX350H was way back in March 2022. We are almost in August. Some 350H orders on their way to UK reported on this forum are mostly premium packs with hardly any exceptions. 

I was almost at the point of believing that my dealer is as useless as a chocolate teapot until I received the follow our progress email and shortly after that the news that the order has gone to build. It is 4 weeks now and nothing further. Even if they are building a warship or a fighter jet, why so long. I thought cars are built within 48 hours. Anyway, my weekend rant over.

3 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I was almost at the point of believing that my dealer is as useless as a chocolate teapot until I received the follow our progress email and shortly after that the news that the order has gone to build. It is 4 weeks now and nothing further. Even if they are building a warship or a fighter jet, why so long. I thought cars are built within 48 hours. Anyway, my weekend rant over.

I can't be sure about the accuracy of what I'm about to say but true or half true, the wording used in the Lexus Link app is misleading. If it were changed, I think there would be a huge improvement in the perception of the communication with Lexus.

What do I mean? Well the first step is 'order in progress', not too misleading but it would be better if this period was split with the second phase being, 'awaiting build'.

Next is 'build in progress' before it moves to 'left the factory'. I believe that the reality is that the app doesn't change until its on a ship. Hence the reason why some cars are 'in build' for a few days and others for 2-3 weeks. Best if 'build in progress' was split into, 'your vehicle is being built' and 'your car is awaiting shipment'.

Once the ship has left port, it should say, 'your vehicle is at sea en route to you'. 'Left the factory' is misleading/incomplete information.

The next step, 'In transit' is a terrible phrase because the car has been in transit since it left the port in Japan. Far better to say something like, 'Your vehicle has arrived in UK and is on its way to your dealer'.

You probably get the idea by now. Would be nice if Lexus UK could make some simple wording changes to reduce the confusion experienced by many customers. That's my two penny worth.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

You probably get the idea by now. Would be nice if Lexus UK could make some simple wording changes to reduce the confusion experienced by many customers. That's my two penny worth.

TBH, I think the ambiguity of the wording suits them

54 minutes ago, ABitterman said:

I see the Viking Adventure has come to an almost standstill off the North Devon Coast. Looks like it’s going to dock early morning tomorrow now. 

Port of Bristol forward movements now shows it docking at 05.00hrs tomorrow 👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links