Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

2 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Not sure about you, guys,I am very annoyed already by Lexus AD. Initially I was told they would call me every 2 weeks to update me. First no-one called me for 5 months, then I had to chase them every 2 months. 

Still no exact date after more than 10 months of waiting after placing the order.

This is really concerning. Buying a car is relationship. And clearly the other side cannot cope with the demand or the type of relationship they claim they can deliver. What exact customer satisfaction we are talking about ( per reviews and feedback in media) as they lack behind Seat ( my wife's car) and Mercedes ( mine). Both of the companies are amazing providing prompt replies, quotes, clear messages and accurate information. Honestly... I am 50/50 already to cancel everything and to look for another make.

Just venting a bit.

Thank you for your time.

I guess there's an element of "damned if they do, damned if they don't" about it. They could give you an estimated delivery date every two weeks, but we all know from experience that it isn't worth anything.   Or, they could wait till there's something worth telling you, in which case you feel neglected.

I ordered through a lease company who did update me regularly, but this just LED to frustration as the expected delivery date moved all over the place (see my previous posts).  Eventually they told me that they would provide no further updates until they had a build date from Lexus, and maybe that's the best way to do it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Simon F said:

I guess there's an element of "damned if they do, damned if they don't" about it. They could give you an estimated delivery date every two weeks, but we all know from experience that it isn't worth anything.   Or, they could wait till there's something worth telling you, in which case you feel neglected.

I ordered through a lease company who did update me regularly, but this just led to frustration as the expected delivery date moved all over the place (see my previous posts).  Eventually they told me that they would provide no further updates until they had a build date from Lexus, and maybe that's the best way to do it?

The problem( or one of) was for example I called them and then someone from front desk replies the sales manager is not available at the moment but they would come back to me on couple of hours( presuming is am). No phone call that day. No phone call the following day. Then sending an email to remind them. Nothing back. How do you depict this as a relationship? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

The problem( or one of) was for example I called them and then someone from front desk replies the sales manager is not available at the moment but they would come back to me on couple of hours( presuming is am). No phone call that day. No phone call the following day. Then sending an email to remind them. Nothing back. How do you depict this as a relationship? 

You're right - if they are failing to respond to direct contact then that is indeed poor service.  Even if they have nothing new to tell you, if you've asked for an update then they should be telling you that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up the car today, dark rose big thumbs up, cracking colour in the real world, classy and subtle (the camera is not its friend) as others suggested.  Wee note to all, I queried with Lexus Edinburgh ( great experience as always) why my order jumped forward 5 months ( ordered wk1 Sep '22, slated for wk4 May '23).  Dealer told me that last month Lexus UK instructed all dealers to match all up coming demo deliveries ( dealer stock) to all customer orders they could (spec permitting) and not hold as demos.  Thus why my order jumped forward out the blue.  Fingers crossed others on here get a bump as I did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HappyLexi said:

Picked up the car today, dark rose big thumbs up, cracking colour in the real world, classy and subtle (the camera is not its friend) as others suggested.  Wee note to all, I queried with Lexus Edinburgh ( great experience as always) why my order jumped forward 5 months ( ordered wk1 Sep '22, slated for wk4 May '23).  Dealer told me that last month Lexus UK instructed all dealers to match all up coming demo deliveries ( dealer stock) to all customer orders they could (spec permitting) and not hold as demos.  Thus why my order jumped forward out the blue.  Fingers crossed others on here get a bump as I did.

Blimey - ordered September, delivered December.  Congratulations!  Good to hear that Lexus are trying to fill customer orders with demo cars - people are waiting long enough!

I've ordered the dark rose interior too, so good to hear your thoughts on it.  Any pictures would be appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Simon F said:

Blimey - ordered September, delivered December.  Congratulations!  Good to hear that Lexus are trying to fill customer orders with demo cars - people are waiting long enough!

I've ordered the dark rose interior too, so good to hear your thoughts on it.  Any pictures would be appreciated.

Blimey is an understatement 🙂 I was as shocked as anyone, waited 9 months on my old ES.  Will do but it's pitch black and pouring down today, take some over the weekend when applying it's wax coating 👍  That said loving the colour of the interior, goes a treat with the graphite black

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyLexi said:

That is a speedy delivery. I ordered September 21 and had to wait till March 22! Happy motoring and look forward to some pics. Agree that Lexus Edinburgh are superb!

• Like 1

HappyLexi could I ask, what was the exact details of your order? We ordered NX350H Premium pack with Lexus Link Pro and electric seat pack, dark rose interior like yours. We ordered at the end of September 22 and had an estimated delivery of Sept/Oct 23 at time of order! 

I'd love it if ours came sooner too!

5 hours ago, Lairdie said:

Congratulations. 
may I ask, is the car pre registered?

Never asked, it's a company motor so not really fussed.  Just checked and it was registered 3 weeks ago, basically a week before I was updated by my fleet team, so no expert but that ties in with the dealers remarks....I think 

43 minutes ago, Deb said:

HappyLexi could I ask, what was the exact details of your order? We ordered NX350H Premium pack with Lexus Link Pro and electric seat pack, dark rose interior like yours. We ordered at the end of September 22 and had an estimated delivery of Sept/Oct 23 at time of order! 

I'd love it if ours came sooner too!

It's a 450h premium with link pro, graphite black and dark rose.  So yeah ignoring the Duracell bunny under the floor it's the same as your own mate.  Fingers crossed.

Ordered our NX 450h+ F Sport with Takumi pack mid September ‘22. At the time the salesman advised that he should have a build date by October, Lexus showing build in February ‘23 with delivery in April. Like many I get no update from the dealer unless I contact them. Emailed salesman  just before Christmas, build has slipped a couple of months until April with delivery now estimated as June. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TimNX said:

Ordered our NX 450h+ F Sport with Takumi pack mid September ‘22. At the time the salesman advised that he should have a build date by October, Lexus showing build in February ‘23 with delivery in April. Like many I get no update from the dealer unless I contact them. Emailed salesman  just before Christmas, build has slipped a couple of months until April with delivery now estimated as June. 

I need to take back my words that UK delivery time is better then Poland. Looks like we all get the same delay. The ones delivered faster will be FWD or dealer ordered few months ago or by some reason somebody cancelled the order. 

Quick reminder - those of us that have 2022 as the "Year of Lexus" in our profile, but have yet to take delivery need to update that to 2023.

How many of us thought that would be necessary when we ordered?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/27/2021 at 12:01 PM, First_Lexus said:

Chatting to the salesman while picking up my RX yesterday, he indicated that they’re (hopefully) expecting pre-ordered NXs to arrive for January delivery which should give some additional hope for you guys that took the plunge early! Understood that a new NX ordered today probably won’t be available until May or June.

• Sad 1

On 12/4/2021 at 10:39 AM, Andy B said:

I received an email from Lexus this morning to say that my order has changed to "Build in progress" which is encouraging news. The Lexus Link app and the MyLexus website both reflect this.

Does anyone on here know how long it typically takes for a build to complete and for the order to move to the next stage?

• 2 weeks later...

At last conformation from the app that my NX450 is in Derby. Amazingly, closely followed by a ‘courtesy’ call from the dealership. The wait seems to have been forever. 

• Like 1

Sold my mint 2021 NX for a price that almost matched the recent WHAT CAR 450i Trade - in value & have ordered a Toyota Eco car.

Over the last 24 years had 1 Dealer fitted windscreen & one set of tyres.

The 2003 LS 400 LWB Courtesy car that was mine for 12 weeks will always be remembered along with the Tuscan Carbianari who drooled over my Mk2 ISF rather than fine my excessive speed cruise.

My 2021 NX was beautifully built & on E5 petrol could achieve 45 mpg but never ventured into Europe where my Lexus always drew praise whether we were in Paris or Rome.

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links