Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF Exhaust Options

Think I sent you a pm a while back regarding my exhaust.

It really depends what you want from the exhaust (silly question), but hope it makes sense. The bit you have to make the bigger decision over is the mid pipe, this is where sound is gained.

US forums have a lot of videos on aftermarket exhausts or youtube videos, but tough to gauge sound dependent on uploaders audio quality.

🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Think I sent you a pm a while back regarding my exhaust.

It really depends what you want from the exhaust (silly question), but hope it makes sense. The bit you have to make the bigger decision over is the mid pipe, this is where sound is gained.

US forums have a lot of videos on aftermarket exhausts or youtube videos, but tough to gauge sound dependent on uploaders audio quality.

🙂

yes, i remember you did.

wanted to get a general idea from everyone.

those clips on yours sound naughty 👀

My 2012 Lexus ISF has the Hayward and Scott Cat Back System with X Pipe. It is very loud on a cold morning on startup. The neighbours love it!

It does drone a bit but settles down on a quiet run when not on the gas.

But what a lovely burble and then the howl at over 4000rpm.

I even had an Audi RS driver pull alongside at the lights, wind his window down and tell me that it was a "beautiful" sound 🙂

I don't think it affects performance much.

9 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Is that what you had on yours?

It was about to be ordered, but it was then decided to sell the car. 

If I was to buy another one tomorrow I would have the exhaust on order before I even had received the car.

I would only buy vavled exhaust systems out of respect for my neighbours and less chance of police pull overs. 

Leaving 3 options 

The bazooka system from RR is ok  as a comparison but lacks the attitude. 

The Armatryx one has worse drone. 

GtHaus. - it's basically like your ears having s*x with the car. 

• 5 weeks later...

I would certainly pay the extra to have a valved system, the Quicksilver on mine makes a wonderful sound and my neighbours agree although they are not that close to me they tell me they can hear the eruption on start up. 

At motorway speeds you have to feather the throttle to get it to be reasonably quiet, which on a long trip breaks the boredom of keeping to the speed limit.

I am awaiting an Invidia Cat Back which by all accounts in the US is a happy medium.

Releases that V8 sound but not obnoxiously loud. A lot of US owners say that its the exhaust the car should have come with.

No valves...but with it not being madly loud you prob dont need them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links