Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Top-Up these days Ls400

so it's come to pass ........ I can rarely just go to the  " pay at pump "    pump

today  71 ltrs  at  local Tesco,  E5 Momentum ( 99 octane is it ) 147.9p / ltr  =  £105.01 ....  the orange light showing on the dash fuel gauge

Pay at P max £99 they say so just have to go into the kiosk and remember my card pin no. too :unsure:

so 85.1 ltrs would now be £125.86               BUT she never gets to zero left in the tank

when's the price coming down then ? used to be nigh empty and still get lots of change from £100 :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

Prices won't be coming down any time soon as the Saudi's seem to be enjoying the high prices.
There is way more demand than supply at the moment.
I put £119 (76 litres @ £1.57) at some services on the A14 into my LS430 on Dec 27th.
I'm just glad I'm not using a tankful per week any more.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mine hasn’t used a drop of petrol for 3 weeks being sat at a “secure” airport car park for this time.

Looking at the present UK prices it may be my best investment ever with a 20% yield in 3 weeks as long as the tank is still full.

With lower taxes the present cost here in Gran Canaria is around €1.34/L.

• Like 1

Steve, your Investment Banker status is assured   ...  you can join the ranks of Warren Buffet the sage of Omaha .....  as the sage of Derbyshire .......

I filled the Honda Legend today, down to 12 miles left it said ....  £104.61 ......  couldn't of course use the Pay at Pump ..  I just knew it would be over that £99 limit, even for the local Tesco  E10  at 156.9p / ltr

Is that a good price i wonder :unsure:

Malc

For the mileage I do, the increased cost of fuel is not exactly welcome, but it's no big deal really. I have done everything I can to use as little as possible, checking tyre pressures etc. 

I also found that if I take advantage of the 400's superb aerodynamics in the way I drive. My Audi A4 Avant will coast in neutral if it detects a downhill slope in Efficiency mode. I have found that a similar effect can be achieved with the Lexus in that simply by lifting off the gas on downhill stretches it seems to maintain its momentum better than most cars out there. Where previously I would have been applying gas I just lift off. It makes a visible difference to mpg. It makes no difference to my progress. I'm not hypermiling or even recording my mpg, but it definitely makes a difference.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links